onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Bruno out now!!!!

Biddulph_PV

69 shots on target in 21 games (least in the league)

111 shots on target against us in 21 games (4th most in the league).

http://www.footstats.co.uk/index.cfm?task=league_shots

Thank God everything Alex Jones has touched has ended up in the back of the net.

Just over 3 shots per game on average is terrible whichever way you look at it. The problem is that we create nowhere near enough chances and so we require someone with an exceptional conversion rate and finishing ability. Fortunately, Jones has done that but when he has a dip in output (like now), we look woefully short.

Do we have anyone in midfield who can create and score goals?

Advert

I'm always on the side of a steady ship and keeping a club stable. Sacking of managers every other week provides no solid base and it rarely results in success. This season I've only managed to see a couple of games and witnessed a pair of defeats. Admittedly I thought we played Northampton off the park and it was simple set piece defending that cost 2 very simple goals. The continental game plan could have worked wonders. Some of the passing moves were lovely but was there a chance at the end of it all?

Rarely. And that's the crux - guilty of over playing if anything.

I think Bruno should be given until the 3rd round of the Cup. At that point with all cups out and possibly staring relegation in the face then would be the time to go. If he wins then we might as well keep till the end of the season.

To be fair to them - neither has played a full FL season before so they were bound to have the odd drop in form as most young players do. I think they both have much potential though.

I agree with you totally--I wasn't aiming the criticism of Nathan and Remie, but more the system they're being forced to play in--specifically the zonal marking that clearly isn't working at set pieces!

I'm always on the side of a steady ship and keeping a club stable. Sacking of managers every other week provides no solid base and it rarely results in success. This season I've only managed to see a couple of games and witnessed a pair of defeats. Admittedly I thought we played Northampton off the park and it was simple set piece defending that cost 2 very simple goals. The continental game plan could have worked wonders. Some of the passing moves were lovely but was there a chance at the end of it all?

Rarely. And that's the crux - guilty of over playing if anything.

I think Bruno should be given until the 3rd round of the Cup. At that point with all cups out and possibly staring relegation in the face then would be the time to go. If he wins then we might as well keep till the end of the season.

I'm in agreement with this I think, mainly because I have no faith in the **** running the show to employ anybody competent.

I can see why people want Bruno gone, but if I was Smurf I think I would give him a couple of games with Grant, Thomas, and Purkiss available, and then if there was not a very significant improvement I would make a change.

Purkiss has been pretty toss when he has played this season, while Grant has been well below his best in the majority of games himself and doesn't even want to be at the club. I wouldn't get your hopes up.

And yet I don't believe we've won without him. Anyone who wouldn't have Grant in the side is crackers.

How will Grant play? His agent knows a couple of clubs have been tracking him, he hasn't played for a few weeks, so what does he tell Grant? It is in the bag or show them you are still worth signing? Only musing, but he has to be in the team for his defensive input and physical presence.

And yet I don't believe we've won without him. Anyone who wouldn't have Grant in the side is crackers.

Where did I say I wouldn't have in the side? But that doesn't change my opinion that he's been well under par lately, added to the fact this his style of play can be infuriating.

The bottom line is we're heading for relegation unless we alter tactics and personnel and sign 3-4 better players than we've got on our books currently.

Every team gets injuries and suspensions and that's no excuse with 36 players on our books. The problem is that over 20 of them aren't remotely good enough or ready for the hurly burly of League One.

Thank goodness Streete hasn't been injured - otherwise we'd be in a huge amount of bother.

The trend is alarming and has been for three months now and stretches back 12-13 games.

We can't defend crosses and we don't have enough strong physical players. Hence, we get battered at places like Bury and Wimbledon. You need a few lads like Aspin and Swan, Pope and Dicko, to help in games like that when it becomes a battle. We rely on the likes of Kelly, Amoros, De Freitas and Tavares. Enough said. It isn't their fault because I'm sure they do their best but who picked them?

Up front we are awful and perhaps have the worst attack that I can remember for a very long time. The front six apart from Jones - are very poor and create next to nothing. We are not getting goals from midfield and that is a major problem.

Teams have sussed us out. They know how we play from the back. They know we're a soft touch in the air and in a physical battle. They know if they snuff out Jones it's job done.

Beechy is right in that neither Grant nor Purkiss have been very impressive this year. Yet both are far better than what we've got and both have to play if fit.

That says an awful lot about how poor the other 34 players are if lads who are out of form and not fully match fit get in ahead of them.

I don't care how we win the next game we play but we simply have to do so, otherwise the dwindling band of natives, I suspect, will get extremely angry at 4.50 pm and vent their frustrations towards the Directors' Box.

Archived