onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Bruno out now!!!!

Biddulph_PV

I suspect bridges with JFH were obliterated not just burnt when our Chairman went on Sky News and for some reason known only to him claimed the fans would reject him because he's black.

I will never understand what was going through Norman's head during that interview. I can only imagine it was a messy, amateur attempt at getting the club in the press to drum up interest in the vacant manager job as if he actually meant what he was saying then I have grave concerns over his temperament. In the nicest possible way, he's not quite all there if he actually meant what he was saying.

He needs to stand down and delegate but he won't because being self-made it goes against his instincts.

Every cock up, there have been lots and there will be more, just costs him more money. It would have worked out cheaper to get that proper leadership team installed in the first place and then sit back in the Algarve and watch us winning League One on sky sports news. If he genuinely wants to see this through then he needs to relinquish the reigns, let other people with football experience manage it all and then enjoy the success from a directors box somewhere.

Advert

I'm not even sure about the centre backs. What's gone wrong? At the start of the season they were defending well with Smith & Streete looking a good pairing. Now, we seem to be leaking goals from set-pieces with neither CB picking up opposition players--how many goals have we conceded from corners in the last few games?

To be fair to them - neither has played a full FL season before so they were bound to have the odd drop in form as most young players do. I think they both have much potential though.

I missed 5 games (Peterborough-Coventry) earlier in the season. When I came back I noticed a marked difference in our play. I've been struggling with Bruno since then without calling for his head, until Saturday. It's not just the results, it's the manner in which we are losing (Northampton aside maybe). I look at the side and I don't actually think it's a bad team on paper. I don't see an obvious weakness. So for me, the reason why we are doing so terribly is on the manager. They're his tactics and he's the one setting the tone in the dressing room. I think he's got it badly wrong and doesn't know how to change it. You should usually step in and end it when it gets to that point.

He just hasn't got a clue. We started the season well and I even made a thread on here praising him and the players, but that now just seems to have been nothing more than a honeymoon period. Yes, we've been a bit unfortunate that a few of our best players, the likes of Thomas and Foley, have been missing a lot lately, but would they have really made a huge difference? I don't think they would.

But it's the lack of learning from tactics that clearly aren't working that really frustrate. He just keeps chucking out the same dross every week, which means he's either a very stubborn bloke or he quite simply hasn't got a clue and is very fortunate to have a famous pal that helped him to blag his way into the job in the first place. All being said, the chairman is every bit as much to blame as he was obviously serenaded by whatever ******** Mourinho and Ribeiro led him on with.

I was willing to give Bruno the benefit of the doubt. After some decent performances earlier in the season, I felt like we might actually be doing something this year. Although we have injuries and suspensions, we still have a large enough squad to accommodate but the football has just become more and more turgid, with little plan evident and a continuation of the same formation, which in my belief only works with very good players.

What irks me the most is the lack of anything coming from the bench. Andy Smith does a bit of shouting which appears to have little effect and Brown looks a little out of the circle of trust. Bruno just sits there and appears to have very little input, which is just bizarre. I think we've been sold the dream here and in reality there's very little substance. Smurf has to take some blame as he has sanctioned a ridiculous amount of unproven signings, where really we should have signed 4 or 5 decent established players with maybe 1 or 2 chancers that might make us a few quid.

My take is that we should just write this one off as a failed experiment, offload some of the lads who aren't up to it, sign a couple of experienced heads in January and give the job to someone like Coleman, who will prevent us from going down and then rebuild in the summer.

What's sad about this situation is that it isn't even Christmas and the season is all but over - expect some circa 3K attendances in the new year.

I was willing to give Bruno the benefit of the doubt. After some decent performances earlier in the season, I felt like we might actually be doing something this year. Although we have injuries and suspensions, we still have a large enough squad to accommodate but the football has just become more and more turgid, with little plan evident and a continuation of the same formation, which in my belief only works with very good players.

What irks me the most is the lack of anything coming from the bench. Andy Smith does a bit of shouting which appears to have little effect and Brown looks a little out of the circle of trust. Bruno just sits there and appears to have very little input, which is just bizarre. I think we've been sold the dream here and in reality there's very little substance. Smurf has to take some blame as he has sanctioned a ridiculous amount of unproven signings, where really we should have signed 4 or 5 decent established players with maybe 1 or 2 chancers that might make us a few quid.

My take is that we should just write this one off as a failed experiment, offload some of the lads who aren't up to it, sign a couple of experienced heads in January and give the job to someone like Coleman, who will prevent us from going down and then rebuild in the summer.

What's sad about this situation is that it isn't even Christmas and the season is all but over - expect some circa 3K attendances in the new year.

In my opinion Brown is assistant in name only. I think it was a stipulation Smurf put in when Bruno took the job - Brown must be the assistant. Smith is the real assistant and Brown is on the periphery of the decision-making. I wouldn't have any problem with Brown taking the job on in the short-term. His reputation is not damaged by being associated with this debacle.

To be fair to them - neither has played a full FL season before so they were bound to have the odd drop in form as most young players do. I think they both have much potential though.

I don't see the centre halves as a problem, in fact the complete opposite as I think they've done a sterling job in keeping the goals against down. I feel sorry for Remi and Nathan as I think they have, and continue, to play well and are still learning in what is the first full season for both. Look at the videos of goals we let in, it's rarely down to Streete or Smith. For example, recent games have shown Kiko as a weak link for headed goals where he's simply been beaten to the ball by the attacker in his 'zone'. I actually don't whooly blame the lad for this as again it's his first season and he's done some good stuff as left back but it's obvious he isn't great in the air and certainly isn't suited to zonal marking around the 6 yard box, so it's clearly an issue for the manager which he has ignored and / or not learned from, as appears to be the norm with him.

Ribero's actually been very lucky so far this season because Streete and Smith have been excellent and that's little to do with Bruno. The players he brought in to play those roles probably would have been much worse, eg, MacIntosh who looks well short to me.

Although I have reached the conclusion Bruno's hopeless (clueless :wink:) quite a few of us agree Norm the Unstable needs to look himself in the mirror and ask just what he's trying to achieve and how that's going to happen because it looks increasingly like the bookies were right about Plan A and Plan B has to work, unless Plan B is a return to L2 and / or the club going bust again. I can't see Bruno turning things around and personally I'd do what I would have done in the summer and give Browny a go. Why he hasn't been anywhere near the team with Grant and Foley both missing I can't understand, I can only conclude Bruno and Rasputin see him as a threat or something.

I feel genuinely sorry for the players, especially the three young lads at the back who, given the right development and guidance, can play at a higher level.

Put simply, we have no tactics/game plan/strategy, especially away from home. No wonder the players are starting to give up a little bit - they're on a hiding to nothing.

Bruno has not had the best start with players getting injured.

However, still playing the same tactics all the time is not helping. Zonal marking - players are not able or they are not comfortable with tactic. One up front - they just get battered by defenders.

Lost the fans support and now wondering if the players are doubting him as well now.

If if was not for Jak Alnwick - the goal difference would be horrendous. Thank goodness he is having a great period in his playing career. Without his cracking saves it would be worse.

Plenty' date=' remember the 4-0 and 5-0 home defeats and look where over half the first team are now - Shrews and Notts County and look at the mess they are in.[/quote']

Who? And our club is in a worse mess this season than it was last season. This squad is the worst we've had so far whilst we've been in League 1. Were going down if nothing is down. I said at the start of the season, if we can finish 5th bottom we've done well, but i got shot down for that by posters on here. Well lets just hope we do finish 5th from bottom eh.

Archived