onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Bruno out now!!!!

Biddulph_PV

The problem is that Smurf would sooner have a squad of 50 players than spend on a proven manager with pedigree.....imo Rowett(who i think is way out of reach),McDermott,JFH and maybe even Adkins all have the credentials to get us out of this League(as Smurf keeps saying he wants) BUT all would need to be paid more than what smurf likes to pay....the ball is in Smurfs court

Advert

Beechy is right in that neither Grant nor Purkiss have been very impressive this year. Yet both are far better than what we've got and both have to play if fit.

That says an awful lot about how poor the other 34 players are if lads who are out of form and not fully match fit get in ahead of them.

I think to say all 34 are poor is harsh considering the amount of players we have who aren't ready yet for league football because they're either young pros or just not up to speed with English football yet. Thats the fault of the recruitment policy of the chairman and/or manager.

If you take that defensive centre mid position without Grant you've got the foreign lads and Billy Reeves. We should have someone who can come in to there who can slot in when Grant is missing, we havent got that. Equally at right back without Purkiss you've got Macintosh, Gibbons and Taylor. Taylor hasn't done that badly there, but I think he could go centre mid and give us some experience there.

The recruitment policy to add already inexperienced players on top of half a dozen homegrown first and second year pros is madness. Its left us short when injuries and suspensions have hit. What happened to quality over quantity?

69 shots on target in 21 games (least in the league)

111 shots on target against us in 21 games (4th most in the league).

http://www.footstats.co.uk/index.cfm?task=league_shots

Thank God everything Alex Jones has touched has ended up in the back of the net.

Looks like our shots on target , percentage wise,is better than the opposition's.Didnt Bruno bring Alex to the club?Just think if he couldn't spot a good goalscoring young player that we'd all like to see sign permanently.

Looks like our shots on target , percentage wise,is better than the opposition's.Didnt Bruno bring Alex to the club?Just think if he couldn't spot a good goalscoring young player that we'd all like to see sign permanently.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean.

If you're saying that a higher percentage of our total shots are shots on target than the other teams in this league, then you're sort of correct. 40.5% of our shots are on target, compared to a league average of 38.9%. Hardly significant though.

The problem is, we take miles less shots than anyone. Not only in our league, but in every league. We've taken the least shots/game of any of the 92 PL and EFL clubs, and only Wigan and Crawley have taken less shots on target/game than us.

Average shots (shots on target) in our home matches so far this season - Vale v Oppo:

Vale 7.27 (3.18)

Oppo 11.27 (4.64)

Away:

Vale: 8.82 (3.32)

Oppo: 16.09 (6.55)

Some people don't like stats, and I appreciate that football isn't played on paper. But, it's hard to deny that the numbers look pretty bleak this season and that in general, successful teams don't generally allow their opposition way more chances than they create themselves, which is exactly what we're doing.

I went on Radio Sjoke a couple of weeks ago really in response to Matt Sandos saying that he couldn't understand why Vale fans were complaining. I could having watched all the home games and seeing the poor performances. Matts speciality seemed to be to quote Vales league position and then say what did Vale supporters expect. Perhaps ok when we were 6th but then continued with this weekly as we fell down the league. Noticed that after the match on Saturday and our current 17th position seemed to even have sunk in at Radio Sjoke how poor we are. Ray Williams excluded from above comment.

I'll reiterate what I said in post #260, you don't need stats to show that we're getting tonked most games and the opposition are having far more shots than we are.

I'll reiterate what I said in post #260, you don't need stats to show that we're getting tonked most games and the opposition are having far more shots than we are.

I agree with you 100%. It's been dreadful stuff and had we not rode our luck then we would be in the bottom four by now and perhaps deservedly so.

But for those who can't or don't attend and just look at the results and table then the statistics, I suppose, put it into perspective.

Quite a lot of overreaction on here.

We've been awful all season. It's time to get rid of Bruno. I'm not suicidal we will stay in this division but we need discipline and organisation.

Micky Adams as interim with Brown as ASM and Brown to take over end of season.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Just suggesting that there is more to those stats than the basic shots for and against.Last 2 home games there has been a vast improvement.The away form is the problem.I really do think it's a lack of belief when they go away.We'll be fine,get some of the crocks back and give the inexperienced players a bit of a rest.Our best eleven is as good as the majority in this league.Young players will always **** up at some stage.Players such as Taylor,Grant,Purkiss and Thomas there will be really no excuse for except a bit of match fitness needed.

It's not my style to be calling for a managers head a week before Xmas or any other time really. I will say we need to see a response from players and signs that Bruno has learned from the last defeat. If not, then no one can really argue with fans wanting to see change.

He has had enough chances already to learn from a defeat.

Bury hammered us 4-1. He didn't learn.

Sheffield Utd battered us 4-0. He didn't learn.

Bolton smashed us 3-1. He didn't learn.

Wimbledon drubbed us 4-0 and we expect him to learn?

He had a truly shocking record when he arrived at the club and I've never known us get so many good hidings in half a season of football.

The sooner he goes the better.

Archived