onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Bruno out now!!!!

Biddulph_PV

Advert

He's tactically inept as well e.g. playing Sam Hart on RM what the hell just play players in their natural positions.

This says it all about what he thinks of Chris Mbamba and the other options he has (or hasn't) for right midfield when he plays a left back there! We are crying out for a proper right winger instead of making do and putting square pegs in round holes.

Get rid of this clown asap and pay the money for a manager who get the players playing for the shirt again. JFH or Rowett would be a great appointment in my opinion.

I don't think these are realistic options for us.

I have to admit I supported Bruno up until today, I am a season ticket holder and have endured some of our away performances Bolton being one.

So what are the options looking at the list of managers out of work there is hope, I've picked 3 that appeal to me for different reasons. Steve Cotteril, Kenny Jacket and Billy Davies. Thoughts ???

Any of these options would surely be preferable to the curreny incumbent? Totally inept performances a deficit of (appropriate) tactics, morale within the squad noticeably wilting and a seemingly lack of understanding of the English game at League One level. I'm trying to be objective and give a balanced comment, but find positives very hard to come by!

I wanted him to succeed and said that I'd give him a bit more time a few weeks ago but since then our league position and form have deteriorated and there is little sign of the manager changing tactics or the way we set up - and that is what disappoints and frustrates me the most. We keep on making the same tactical errors game after game in the hope that we might fluke a point or two. And fluke is the right word because we've been largely outplayed by every team we've played since the end of September.

We're slipping down the League. It's alarming and we need to stop the rot before we get marooned in the bottom four. Whatever Plan B is it needs to be activated.

The thing is most of us, those with a bit of sense, saw this coming a mile off many weeks ago. The usual bunch of happy clappers kept insisting that we were still only a win, and then two wins, and then 3 wins away from a play-off place and that everything was fine, when it clearly wasn't working and despite the odd lucky result (such as against MK Dons) we were getting worse every week. Those usual few and some others got excited when we beat an absolutely dog **** side from a league below in Hartlepool and for some reason thought we had suddenly turned the corner. Those same people then got excited because we lost but played well in parts against an average at best side at home that coming into the game had lost 4 games on the bounce and came into the game with zero confidence no doubt. Unbelievable.

The club is rotten from top to bottom at this moment in time, and what's sad is that some numpties actually deserve the "Little Port Vale - Happy to just exist and survive" club they are getting.

The guy is a joke, and a ***** as a manager. He achieved absolutely nothing to get the job, and our naive chairman who knows less about football than Howjy was conned into appointing such a ******* bloke. I wonder if there's another club who has such a ******* chairman/manager combination right now in league football?

Can I ask why words such as clueless are being edited by admin? Ridiculous.

Everyone out apart from the keeper and two CBs.

I'm not even sure about the centre backs. What's gone wrong? At the start of the season they were defending well with Smith & Streete looking a good pairing. Now, we seem to be leaking goals from set-pieces with neither CB picking up opposition players--how many goals have we conceded from corners in the last few games?

Guys, any of you here could be a better manager than Ribeiro. I am serious. The guy is totally inept. I remember him from when he used to manage the Bulgarian champion Ludogoretz a few years ago. Thankfully, for 2 months only, as he was sacked after a few shameful results and catastrophies of matching players' skills with positions, as well as tactical disasters. We used to listen to the same "My best mate Jose is going to give us players on loan from Chelsea" (then). So he's got the same repertoir everywhere he goes and only lasts until he gets discovered.

First time I've commented but it's getting close to the final straw for me too(if not already). Bruno just does not seem to learn which is the most annoying thing(i.e. zonal marking, 1 upfront etc).

I often agree with Beechy and pretty much now do re the manager but I don't subscribe to the view that the club is rotten from top to bottom. This isn't the V2001 regime we're talking about, and at least we're in League One(ok we may be sinking currently) but do you honestly think Smurthwaite wants the club relegate as it will be worth less!? I also don't class myself as a 'happy clapper' either because I've backed Bruno until now. I couldn't stand Page and felt some change was needed due to not least his ridiculous retained lists.

Smurthwaite took a gamble, I'm not going to say one that needed to be taken as I'm not sure I'd have gone the foreign route myself after getting rid of Page(history in the lower leagues in England doesn't make good reading for this generally) but he did and it appears to be backfiring after a semi positive start.

What's the answer? I don't know but I think some action is needed shortly, it feels like the club is just drifting even if Bruno buys himself a bit of time with a couple of wins, the playoff push is a pipe dream with the team and tactics we have and are employing. I think the makings of a good side are there in essence so hopefully all is not lost if we can find a manager to deploy them properly!

The thing is most of us, those with a bit of sense, saw this coming a mile off many weeks ago. The usual bunch of happy clappers kept insisting that we were still only a win, and then two wins, and then 3 wins away from a play-off place and that everything was fine, when it clearly wasn't working and despite the odd lucky result (such as against MK Dons) we were getting worse every week. Those usual few and some others got excited when we beat an absolutely dog **** side from a league below in Hartlepool and for some reason thought we had suddenly turned the corner. Those same people then got excited because we lost but played well in parts against an average at best side at home that coming into the game had lost 4 games on the bounce and came into the game with zero confidence no doubt. Unbelievable.

The club is rotten from top to bottom at this moment in time, and what's sad is that some numpties actually deserve the "Little Port Vale - Happy to just exist and survive" club they are getting.

I missed 5 games (Peterborough-Coventry) earlier in the season. When I came back I noticed a marked difference in our play. I've been struggling with Bruno since then without calling for his head, until Saturday. It's not just the results, it's the manner in which we are losing (Northampton aside maybe). I look at the side and I don't actually think it's a bad team on paper. I don't see an obvious weakness. So for me, the reason why we are doing so terribly is on the manager. They're his tactics and he's the one setting the tone in the dressing room. I think he's got it badly wrong and doesn't know how to change it. You should usually step in and end it when it gets to that point.

Archived