onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Bruno out now!!!!

Biddulph_PV

Advert

If this is true then Smurthwaite is even dafter than I thought that he was. Lets face it Streete has been one of the few players who deserves to pick up his wage packet.

I thought the BIG PLAN was to bring in good young players then groom them and sell them on for a big fee. If this is true then a new contract is a necessity but if this course of action isn't taken then just as I have thought for years our owner is all talk but no actions.

Maybe their in negotiations? Stop jumping to conclusions just to have a dig at smurthwaite

Maybe their in negotiations? Stop jumping to conclusions just to have a dig at smurthwaite

Streete said a few weeks ago there had been no talks. Direct quote from Streete to the Sentinel: "Nothing has been said. I have seven months left until the end of the season and I am just playing my football..."

Negotiations would be fine and that there would be some horse trading but is it really wise not to even talk to the favourite to be player of the year about a new contract?

Why would he make an official statement about the 260 fans that travelled and NOT the Manager?

There is a club statement on the front of OVF about a goodwill gesture to the fans who travelled to Wimbledon. I believe that is the "statement" that NS is tweeting about here:

If Bruno goes before boxing day is up for debate, but if he doesn't then IMO this offer of a free ticket to the next game for those that produce their Wimbledon stub, (how many people actually save their stubs), is the first public shot across the bows at Bruno from Smurf. Hes had enough.

If Bruno goes before boxing day is up for debate, but if he doesn't then IMO this offer of a free ticket to the next game for those that produce their Wimbledon stub, (how many people actually save their stubs), is the first public shot across the bows at Bruno from Smurf. Hes had enough.

Doesn't look as though he's going any time soon unfortunately.

Doesn't look as though he's going any time soon unfortunately.

True, but then again do we want a kneejerk reaction where Bruno goes and there isn't a plan in place to replace him.

Presuming Rowett's out of our league then unless it's simply promoting Brown, Vale have got to have a bit of time to give serious thought about who's available and who would come.

In that case, why not give Bruno the next couple of games to the end of the year to turn it around (or not) while making a shortlist or putting in a few discreet calls to available managers?

If there is to be a replacement then as long as they are in place early January and they can get up to speed quickly then they've still got a few weeks of the transfer window to act in.

Would he be able to offload him if his Xmas deadline [contractual get out clause] is passed?

I've not considered that. If such a thing does exist then I suppose that makes sense particularly as Bruno is on a three year contract so would get a fair whack of compensation otherwise.

True, but then again do we want a kneejerk reaction where Bruno goes and there isn't a plan in place to replace him.

Presuming Rowett's out of our league then unless it's simply promoting Brown, Vale have got to have a bit of time to give serious thought about who's available and who would come.

In that case, why not give Bruno the next couple of games to the end of the year to turn it around (or not) while making a shortlist or putting in a few discreet calls to available managers?

If there is to be a replacement then as long as they are in place early January and they can get up to speed quickly then they've still got a few weeks of the transfer window to act in.

The problem is that Smurf builds up fans expectations by making irrational statements and then doesn't / can't / won't back them up. I think promotion to the Championship would have been too early for an inexperienced manager to achieve and then maintain that level so talk of it was premature by Smurf. He would be better having a longer term plan and tell us about that but he says top 6 by Christmas or else, which was well under achieved, so the fans want to know when Plan B is kicking in. Carry on much longer with our current form and relegation will be a certainty. I've seen it before back in the 1991-92 season but we were at least a league higher in those days.

Archived