onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Will Nornan Admit he has been sold a pup

2 points outside the play offs, through to the next round of the cup and picking up a few results when in a poor run of form with key players out injured and a run of games against some of the better sides in the league. We are not doing that bad ffs.

I meant his managerial record prior to arriving at Vale Park....

Advert

Im not saying he isnt good or a real talent. Just that he will not seem as good when the team is not performing as well as it has been. This could knock his value.

I'm not so sure. I think I'm right in saying that Rob Holding was the mainstay in defence for Bolton when they were relegated but it didn't stop Arsenal buying him. Could affect his value though.

Next 4 league games:

Fleetwood - H

Charlton - A

Oldham - H

Shrewsbury - A

All winnable games.

Currently 2pts off the PO and in the hat for the FA cup 2nd round draw.

Play how we have been doing and we'll be lucky to get a couple of points from those games.

If Forester has to play in a wheelchair, Jones in a plaster cast and Purkiss on crutches I'd play them next weekend.

We need a spark from somewhere.

And for goodness sake start playing on the front foot and getting the ball forward quicker. Try 4.4.2 and put players in positions with which they are familiar. We might then start looking quite decent instead of a rag tag outfit that looks like a team of strangers.

I meant his managerial record prior to arriving at Vale Park....

Who cares what he's done at all their clubs? How on earth does that affect Port Vale.

As Rob regularly says over players it's what he does for Vale that counts and he's doing ok results wise to date. 2 points off the play offs after some tough games and in the second round of the cup. Given the misery pre-season most of not all would have taken that.

I want to remain positive, I really do, but as Jacko said it's very difficult to do so at the moment. The opinions are split between the cup-half-full and cup-half-empty schools of thought but currently I'm between the two, maybe half empty but hoping for a top-up?

Before the season started I was very VERY nervous as to what we were going to get, common sense and experience told me the club were taking a monumental risk appointing an unknown to dubious manager in Bruno and then letting him sign a huge number of unknown quantity players from all over the place, many of whom have plied their trade at a similar quality level as the North West Counties League, ie, decent for amateur football but way short of professional L1 standard. However, I remained objective and reserved judgement until after 10 games. Those 10 games were a little bizarre as we had a great start at home but were woeful away, so I extended my judgement period to 15 games to see if we could improve away with some greater experience.

My judgement after the season so far is, therefore, things are not as bad as I first feared they could be whereby we would be trounced 3,4,5 or 6 nil every week with a team of seventh rate players BUT they're not as good as I thought they may be after the first 8-10 games. Overall, I think we have a ridiculously large squad - again - of which maybe only 15 or 16 players are of L1 standard and as soon as injuries and suspensions have hit we're seeing massive shortcomings. On top of this we've obviously got significant disagreements in the camp even though at least it isn't all public yet (look at the body language and behaviour of lots of the players and coaching staff, including Mr. Anonymous the manager) and, as many have said, the style of play and tactics are pretty woeful, especially away, with one dimensional approach play, too slow getting the ball forward when opportunities for a break come, lots of players out of position, can't cope with the opposition pressing us in possession to name just some of the problems.

We are now at a critical point. The manager can either change some things in terms of formation and approach, plus some team selection changes as injuries and suspensions allow, to maximise the potential the players have or he can carry on in the vain hope that somehow doing the same thing will get different results. Personally I think we have enough decent players to hold our own in this league but not playing the way we have been, which is why I'm currently hoping for improvement but fearful of everything descending into chaos.

Back to you Norm. Plan B from Outer Space?

Who cares what he's done at all their clubs? How on earth does that affect Port Vale.

As Rob regularly says over players it's what he does for Vale that counts and he's doing ok results wise to date. 2 points off the play offs after some tough games and in the second round of the cup. Given the misery pre-season most of not all would have taken that.

Another one on cloud cuckoo!

Loving the optimistic folk well done to u .

Lets not let the facts get in the way though ,forget league position and the fact we r in the 2nd round of the cup.

The Coventry game was the turning point we were doing ok at home till then ,ok were werent scintillating but we were winning but that performance was worsethat day than ive seen for years no one shone i left with 20 mins go it was pathetic .

Then we fortunately won at MK dons ( daylight robbery as they controlled 90 per cent of the game ).

Then next game lost to Mansfield although was not to bothered about that as didnt go as no interest in that comp.

The performance at Sheffield Utd a club who under achieve each season was i believe atrocious .

Back home v Charlton and Oxford could have easily conceded maybe 4/5 goals v both in the first half ,second half performances much better but all the chances gifted to the opposition a massive concern as players switch off all the time .

Away v Bolton great support another awayday horror show as players give the game to the opposition within fifthteen mins .

Yesterday well it was painful and there is no way we deserved win .

The level of performances has been very poor and if this is all the players r capable of then indeed unless the application ,effort and workrate isnt applied ten fold more than at present i predict losing to a nobody 2nd round of cup and a relegation battle .

Just a question on what date did Grants move to Pompey fall through ? because for someone so highly rated the stevenage players seemed a lot more better than him ,in fact Millwall at home was the last time i saw him play well .

Archived