onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Will Nornan Admit he has been sold a pup

I would say the jury is still out on Bruno and November is certainly shaping up to be a pivotal month.

We have had some excellent performances at home and some absolute stinkers away. I think Bruno has plenty to learn about adapting his tactics to different situations and his team selections of late are becoming increasingly odd with too many square pegs in round holes (Kiko on the wing, Grant as an attacking midfielder against Oxford).

I think we have a decent squad but not sure Bruno is getting the best out of it. The little i've seen of de Freitas and Amoros have impressed me but they have been underused, whereas other players who have consistently underperformed such as Paterson and Hart have played regularly.

We haven't had the best of luck with injuries of late, particularly as the attacking players have been hit the hardest but certainly a front two of Jones and Forrester when available has the potential to be outstanding. Of course, whether he will play a front two is debatable. And that encapsulates the problem- i do think he has assembled a reasonable squad but his stubbornness and inflexibility is preventing it from reaching its potential at the moment. If he can address that then there is potential.

Advert

More of a realist!

If you're a realist, you'll deal in reality then.

Which of these statements is factually incorrect then?

1. We are two points off sixth spot.

2. We are in Round 2 of the FA Cup.

3. We are somewhere between £25/30k better off courtesy of attendance and prize money from yesterday's win.

3. We are somewhere between £25/30k better off courtesy of attendance and prize money from yesterday's win.

I think 3 is factually incorrect as you are not taking costs of staging the match into account.

Next 4 league games:

Fleetwood - H

Charlton - A

Oldham - H

Shrewsbury - A

All winnable games.

Currently 2pts off the PO and in the hat for the FA cup 2nd round draw.

Please tell me how Charlton away is a winnable game?

Let's get realistic here. I was there at the home game. Should have been four down minimum at half time.

How we got a point I do not know.

They are in a good run of form with a bigger budget than us and we are dire away from home.

I'm all for supporting my team but let's not make out that this game is winnable in our current run.

It's a hard enough task to go there and win with a good run of form.

Fleetwoood Saturday is a game we must win to get the momentum back. I do believe that is winnable.

In recent memory I have seen Vale in the bottom half of the bottom division. Lose 4-1 at home to Macclesfield. Get dumped out the cup by Macclesfield. Get dumped out of all comps by this stage of the season effectively ending the season. We had Anyon in Goal. Danny Glover up front. Daddy Glover in charge. MOLD with no money in charge. Administration. I'll just leave those memories there for you all. It could be far worse than where we are now.

In recent memory I have seen Vale in the bottom half of the bottom division. Lose 4-1 at home to Macclesfield. Get dumped out the cup by Macclesfield. Get dumped out of all comps by this stage of the season effectively ending the season. We had Anyon in Goal. Danny Glover up front. Daddy Glover in charge. MOLD with no money in charge. Administration. I'll just leave those memories there for you all. It could be far worse than where we are now.

That's a pathetic way to look at it. You can't that as a basis to judge how we are doing now. Surely we need to have a little more ambition than at least we're not bottom of league 2 and heading to admin?

You could view it the other way I say people have seen us just miss out on the play offs in the league above, beat teams like Everton, take Arsenal to the wire etc. And use them to suggest how much better it could be.

Smithie, what are you doing using logic, fact and common sense on here? This is OVF home of the clueless, the conspiracy theory and unrealistic goals

No 1, two points with no goals scored would only get Vale to 8th place. Vale would need 2 points and 8 goals scored with none conceded to get to 6th place!

Archived