onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Page Sacked (Rumour)

Samwelo

Page has had his own way regarding back room staff and retained list. He then comes out with the weeks rest was what we needed and then we produce that pile of vile. He then says were punching above our weight in the league so did he expect us to be bottom half of this league.

I don't know who he wasted the budget on but why do these managers think they can get more out of players than other managers have. Ok the odd one perhaps but we are a combination of 2 teams that nearly got relegated last season.

Dodds, Birchall, Yates, Uche, Aj, Moore, Grant just to name a few played a number of games for their teams and just managed to stop in this league. They are inconsistent that's why this level is the best they will achieve but if they have an off day together we are snookered. We need players that put a shift in not players that will play when THEY feel like it.

We need a strong manager at this club from a team prospective but wether Smurf wants that is another story. Page you're too weak and like Adams you have favourites grow some or get out of the club and please don't insult us with those stupid statements you keep making because if you actually believe them you don't deserve to be in football management.

Advert

They should not wear the shirt if they cannot get up for every match they play we as fans are up for every match the vale play it hurts every time we lose in my case since 1953 to the present day.I am just sick and tired of players who cannot do the basics of football at the vale its the players we have at the time that makes the system but if they are not prepared to run and chase after the ball no system will work.

Agree mate.

I purposely do not watch Premier League Football as I can't abide totally overpaid prima donnas who just turn out purely for the money.They have no desire, love or passion for their present Club. They have an easy, charmed life opposed to hard working fans.

Unfortunately there is a trait at Vale under the present regime whereby many of the squad are pretending they are better than they actually are and they are certainly giving off an impression that they, too could not care less about Port Vale or its fans. Too many are taking wages under false pretences. Too many are soft, gutless individuals who are guilty of fraud in a professional footballers shirt. They need now to stand up and be judged on who they are. No excuses are acceptable now. Vale have to change the behind the scenes old boy/favourites/mates with the gaffer system! Oh, I'm so disillusioned at this point in time!

You meddling, condescending **** fan, go back to The Oatcake :D

You've pretty much nailed it there, and any sacking is just as likely to produce a bad outcome as it is to produce a good one.

I suspect as much as he would like to change things Norman doesn't want to splash the cash on sacking monies, cost of a new coach and backroom staff, new players etc.

Yesterday was appalling, a truly dire effort BUT some credit has to go to Exeter. Not just their ever-inspired players but the fantastic support behind the goal. Anyone who doubts the influence of fans on performances needed to see that yesterday....it was like a miniature of a South American ultras scene. Relentless noise, flags and a decent drum-beat. They even sang that we should have gone Christmas shopping!

Going forward, we can only hope that AJLS can start banging them in because there isn't a credible case for keeping Uche.

It's just so sickening to be out of the FA Cup before Christmas...I hate that feeling!

The potential loss of revenue from a bumper 3rd Round tie against one of the big 4 or a derby against Stoke with the TV cashfall that would have gone with it is ultimately what will be hurting NS.

BUT............When you step back and look at the big picture the facts are these. Vale are 11th in the league, 4 points off a play off place and 10 points off the relegation zone. That's an improvement, and it's also where I would have expected them to be. Cup defeats happen, in the grand scheme of things a mid table League One team losing at a mid-table League Two team isn't huge, yes the nature of the performance was unacceptable but whether Page gets a reaction on Saturday will show how behind him the players are.

Unless a proven manager is waiting in the wings, I would suggest sacking Page would be futile at this stage. The games come thick and fast over Xmas and it can make or break a teams season, Vale aren't getting relegated anytime soon so I would suggest he is given at least until the turn of the year after the Swindon game. Lets remember the board went into meltdown on the back of the Burton defeat and what happened? 4 wins on the bounce and a surge up the league.

it's an emotional game and it's easy to get carried away with the highs and lows, but in the cold light of day Vale are where they probably should be position wise. There's no outstanding teams so it's right that the fans should expect more, but the team are a couple of wins on the bounce away from a Play Off position.

I will no doubt be called a meddling, condescending **** fan and told to go back to The Oatcake but just calling it as I see it, seen Vale on half a dozen occasions this season and there's no reason why that squad couldn't go on a decent run if they remain fit and stay confident. Page just needs to be braver away from home, you get 0 points for a defeat whether you sit back and keep it tight or be brave and go for it. If he does that still think it could be a decent season for Vale......

Couldn't agree more.

This fair comment. But why did we not turn up, why were players not trying, supporters understand the importance of this match. But the players obviously did not. There have been to many matches this season when the players have not turned up, and I do not know what if anything Page is doing to rectify this.

The potential loss of revenue from a bumper 3rd Round tie against one of the big 4 or a derby against Stoke with the TV cashfall that would have gone with it is ultimately what will be hurting NS.

BUT............When you step back and look at the big picture the facts are these. Vale are 11th in the league, 4 points off a play off place and 10 points off the relegation zone. That's an improvement, and it's also where I would have expected them to be. Cup defeats happen, in the grand scheme of things a mid table League One team losing at a mid-table League Two team isn't huge, yes the nature of the performance was unacceptable but whether Page gets a reaction on Saturday will show how behind him the players are.

Unless a proven manager is waiting in the wings, I would suggest sacking Page would be futile at this stage. The games come thick and fast over Xmas and it can make or break a teams season, Vale aren't getting relegated anytime soon so I would suggest he is given at least until the turn of the year after the Swindon game. Lets remember the board went into meltdown on the back of the Burton defeat and what happened? 4 wins on the bounce and a surge up the league.

it's an emotional game and it's easy to get carried away with the highs and lows, but in the cold light of day Vale are where they probably should be position wise. There's no outstanding teams so it's right that the fans should expect more, but the team are a couple of wins on the bounce away from a Play Off position.

I will no doubt be called a meddling, condescending **** fan and told to go back to The Oatcake but just calling it as I see it, seen Vale on half a dozen occasions this season and there's no reason why that squad couldn't go on a decent run if they remain fit and stay confident. Page just needs to be braver away from home, you get 0 points for a defeat whether you sit back and keep it tight or be brave and go for it. If he does that still think it could be a decent season for Vale......

Get some perspective into this debate; yes, it is the FA cup and of course I'm disappointed, but this was always a 'banana skin' in the waiting. Away to a lower division club that has lost only one of its last 6 games, given our away form this season, how many people genuinely thought we'd come away from this game with a stonking win? Please get real. We're midway in league One and given our financial position, that's about as much as we can hope for REALISTICALLY. Any other hopes are just that........unrealistic pipe dreams!

Get some perspective into this debate; yes, it is the FA cup and of course I'm disappointed, but this was always a 'banana skin' in the waiting. Away to a lower division club that has lost only one of its last 6 games, given our away form this season, how many people genuinely thought we'd come away from this game with a stonking win? Please get real. We're midway in league One and given our financial position, that's about as much as we can hope for REALISTICALLY. Any other hopes are just that........unrealistic pipe dreams!

It would have been a banana skin... but with the sheer lack of effort and motivation from the players yesterday (and away from home in general), it was a formality.

Inadmissible lose games like this, we should have more attitude in games like this, is to leave sad because we could continue in the competition and raise money from television, hopefully Page talk with the players and search for best tactical solutions, or you'll be fired, important that in the league we are well stay focused and try places on the table

If both teams had played a loss, although painful, would be acceptable... one team didnt turn up, they didnt just lose they were disgracefully devoid of passion, effort, ability and pride.

Given our financial position I would have thought they would have made an effort... we didnt slip on a banana skin we didnt move fast enough to step on a banana skin... the banana skin had time to get out of the way

It's time for Page to go, it's clear we have a Manager and squad of players with no ambition, we have one of the biggest squads in the division and yet Page continues to play the same team irrespective of the oppositions strengths.

His comment that Smurf is upset seeing a lucrative tie and the resultant money to strengthen the squad slipping through his fingers is is disgusting and shows his lack of passion.

There are quite a few knowledgable managers available eg Burton have appointed Nigel Clough at least they are a team with limited budget showing ambition unlike us !

There have been games when Page has defended the lead boot players for a rubbish performance by saying "the lads gave 100%"... if thats true get rid of them, they simply are not good enough.

He has often said... "we go again"... sadly its with the same players, same tactics and same mentality that proved disappointing enough to provoke the comment.

This time its "not acceptable" and "embarrassing" ... whats the betting the team doesnt change much for the next match... he also says he is "angry"... if he had payed for his ownt trip down, his own ticket and not been paid I think he would have been a little more than angry... he may have even called for the managers head

Archived