onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Page Sacked (Rumour)

Samwelo

Advert

He has that many times and i think he has had enough and wanted to get out for a while(i hope i am wrong),low attendances,away performances etc...it honestly wouldn't surprise me if he did put us up for sale,we would just have to hope it would be to the right person BUT who would want it and not own the ground,thats a worry

mystic meg eh

if page had a decent bone in his body he should resign after all it's his cack handed way he's managed the squad that has made norman arrive at his descision to put the club up for sale. but I would guess he's probably screaming with laughter at normans announcement.

if page had a decent bone in his body he should resign after all it's his cack handed way he's managed the squad that has made norman arrive at his descision to put the club up for sale. but I would guess he's probably screaming with laughter at normans announcement.

If you really think that, you are a very poor judge of character. Even if he hasn't always made the best team selection or tactical decisions, his integrity and commitment to the club isn't in question. I'm sure he is just as upset as anyone at what happened at Exeter.

Norman has already admitted that he too could have made better decisions, and if the club goes into decline after this, then no one person is to blame though a lot of players should also take a long look at themselves and ask if their own commitment and application could have been better.

Page seems to be getting a disproportionate amount of blame compared to them, they have provred they have the ability to play much better in some games so it isn't unreasonable for Page to expect more consistency from them.

If you really think that, you are a very poor judge of character. Even if he hasn't always made the best team selection or tactical decisions, his integrity and commitment to the club isn't in question. I'm sure he is just as upset as anyone at what happened at Exeter.

Norman has already admitted that he too could have made better decisions, and if the club goes into decline after this, then no one person is to blame though a lot of players should also take a long look at themselves and ask if their own commitment and application could have been better.

Page seems to be getting a disproportionate amount of blame compared to them, they have provred they have the ability to play much better in some games so it isn't unreasonable for Page to expect more consistency from them.

Page's integrity and commitment to the club goes only as far as his bank account.

It's 0 compared to those of us that went on Sunday and the hardcore of around 3,500 in general.

If he was doing well and a bigger club claim in it would be 'Port Vale who'?

Page's integrity and commitment to the club goes only as far as his bank account.

It's 0 compared to those of us that went on Sunday and the hardcore of around 3,500 in general.

If he was doing well and a bigger club claim in it would be 'Port Vale who'?

I would say he is far more loyal to Port Vale than most of the players.

Your opinion seems coloured by one single result, but as someone who pays to watch you are of course entitled to say this. We have all travelled a long way to matches only to be very disappointed on occasion, it is the price of supporting a football club.

I don't agree though, and your last sentence is true of about 99 per cent of people in football, I can only think of John Rudge and a couple of others who did turn down better, so really doesn't affect the argument.

It is one thing for people on here to question RPs team selections, signings, tactics etc. but I don't for one moment think he is just 'going through the motions for his monthly pay check' - he is a dedicated manager who is still learning.

Whether he will get to be a very good manager is a fair question, but to question his commitment and work ethic is unfair in my opinion.

What makes you disagree about his integrity and commitment - could you perhaps show some examples that relate directly to those attributes ?

Such wit from the Stephen Fry of OVF.

if you think that page is a tactical genius, sleep well ,,,I think he's way out of his depth, a competent coach does not automatically a good manager make,and my money will stay in my pocket for as long as he's turning this club into a shambles. when he finally buggers off then I may consider renewing my season ticket but until that day dawns, que sera sera.

if you think that page is a tactical genius, sleep well ,,,I think he's way out of his depth, a competent coach does not automatically a good manager make,and my money will stay in my pocket for as long as he's turning this club into a shambles. when he finally buggers off then I may consider renewing my season ticket but until that day dawns, que sera sera.

Where did I say he is a tactical genius ? Misrepresentation again, the fact is that he is learning as a manager, as was John Rudge in his first couple of years as boss, as was Sir Alex Ferguson who was nearly sacked after a year or so at Old Trafford. I could find many faults, and rarely agree with his team selections, but he is our manager and as long as he shows dedication to task, he gets my support.

It's completely your choice on the season ticket, your money and your time.

Does that also mean you'll be having a sabbatical from onevalefan ;)

Archived