onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Page Sacked (Rumour)

Samwelo

And thank cliff others didnt give up or you'd have no club to moan about.

I'd completely agree as much as today hurt and cost both emotionally and physically I along with the hardcore I'm sure will be back next week. Let's hope the chairman feels the shame and that the players and management choose to care at some point. Today they cheated us completely. I hope Exeter do pluck a big name and it might show the gutless morons what they along with the fans have missed out on because of their couldn't care less attitudes.

Advert

I thought we would be able to see off Exeter and I'm disappointed. Working in the North East this week, so I went for a run along the coast from Sunderland towards South Shields which was brilliant and cheered me up. We seem to be for ever stuck with 442 or is it 451 and away from home I have been severely disappointed with manager decision making at Bradford and Burton. I don't believe Dodds scores enough goals to be a main striker, but he has a lot offer as a midfield player. I feel ALS has done enough to warrant his place recently, but we must be more capable of just nullifying the opposition and counter attacking away from home. It is a push for the playoffs now or this season will crash dive and then a manager change will be needed to revitalise support. It is a hard place to work football I'm afraid.

AJ for me is a player who needs someone to work with. At home him and Dodds work well together but away we're too lightweight and can't hold the ball up top. In my opinion we need some-one to play up front with AJ away from home, along with a couple of pacey attacking wing backs so that we can play 5-3-2. This would accommodate the ability to play Duffy-Inniss (when fit)-McGivern at the back and O'Connor-Grant-Foley in the middle, as opposed to forcing some players out of their best position.

I really do like Dicko and Purkiss as full backs, but not going forward. Therefore get a couple of pacey, young, athletic lads in to do a job as wing backs away from home. Furthermore I don't think Ikpeazu is the man to partner AJ. To be honest we could do with a Tom Pope type player. My only worry with that is we would resort to hoofing it long, although from what I have seen we've started to go back to that anyway even with little AJ up top. It really is frustrating beyond belief.

Stick with what we are doing at home as it is working but sadly it isn't away.

Surely Page's "massively overachieving" belief is completely at-odds with Smurthwaite's own expectations (which he's mentioned previously this season, and certainly didn't seem to indicate overachieving to be in mid-table), particularly given the extra funding that had to be provided for more signings after the initial budget had been spent by Page, and as such is this a good enough reason for him to sack the manager?!

Hi Norman, using this site as a rational barometer is pointless, the facts are that any right thinking Vale fan appreciates completely the financial commitment you have made to the club. Today was unacceptable, that shouldn't mean you abandon us. Whether or not you sack Page is your decision, but something has to excite the fans as the season is, as of now, dead

When we're 4 points off the play-offs, having won 4 of the last 5 league games? Ridiculous comment.

The reason is the system that we play one forward up against a non league team and against a div 2 team i went maidenhead aswell we were shocking first half then of course our deep lying no 10 has to play he is the focal point of our attack no wonder we struggle.

Not many sides play 442 anymore. The system wasnt to blame to the defeat. When playing lower league opposition the players have to be up for it and ours werent.

all the people trying to defend page after that little winning run we went on....... we were very lucky to win some of those games...especially the blackpool and Barnsley games....we got battered at Barnsley away and on another day would've conceded 4. the away form is shocking, and when we get found out at home it is equally depressing....the retained list has always stunk and is hurting our gates at home because fans simply don't just forget how bad some of the players have been over the years, we should've had a 100% clear out and started again this year. the bury game away was one of the worst games ive ever witnessed and I still feel sorry for the 1200 fans that turned out to that lot.

Unfortunately, buying a football club is a bit like owning a dog. It may seem like a great idea to get kudos for being the master and great fun to play with but on the whole it's a massive commitment in time, it'll just **** on you, cause you sleepless nights and cost you a fortune when something goes wrong.

I think you need a new trainer for the puppy before it becomes a big savage dog which will bite you on the **** too.

I'm hoping you will as this could be very rewarding with the right people in charge. Anyone who was around when a used car salesman and the great John Rudge were about will tell you. Especially when we were able to maul the big dog down the road.

I feel sorry for the people who spend their hard earned cash and time on travelling away to performances like today's. I've not enjoyed any away games under Page. Even Notts County last season was dire. Home games are not much better.

For us loyal Port Vale fans, well, we are stuck with it. Well, except those who have become totally disenfranchised or that you've totally priced out. You, Mr chairman, are able to make the big decisions that really matter.

I suppose if the worst comes to the worst you can just shut us down and still make a profit on the ground. Thus protecting your investment but leaving us with nothing.

I do question your reasons for buying us. To use your business expertise to make us successful in the long term or a vanity project and to make quick profit if needed?

This is exactly what I have said since it was crystal clear that our chairman begrudges having to put money into HIS club. Any owner who isn't prepared to subsidise their club will only go one way!

Depressing days again at Vale.

The hard core of Valiants who follow Vale home and away can easily tell management that they are totally fed up with the complete lack of tactics or effort from the usual suspect at the Club. OK, some players do come in and seem to try....for a few games only and then fall back into old bad habits and lose their desire to earn their pay.

Vale's crowds will drop drastically as long as we have Coco the Clown as manager. He CLEARLY has no effect whatsoever on the players. Time and time again they do not turn up. We have had a few good results but come on MOST of those were against dire opposition.

I love people's optimism, as I usually try and rally round Vale fans when we are consistently churning out bile on the pitch. My desire now for my Club is pretty damn low and I do honestly see why the "floaters" and casual fans at Vale do not want part of the club when we are patently being subjected to Jeckyl and Hyde tactics/selections and performances. If I feel this way, as a truly hard core Home and Away fan then I can excuse anyone else hitting rock bottom as far as feelings to Vale are concerned.

I'm not getting into the debate again on here about RP's appointment initially or indeed the fact that we are "reasonably" placed in the league....at the moment, but suffice to say that I can only see continuing problems and a catastrophic downturn in gates at Vale Park whilst RP remains at the Club. I have had enough. I am a season ticket holder who spends a great deal of money in the club shop each year and who follows the Club through thick and thin but for me to admit that I am positively brassed off and dejected with my club is a sure sign that many, many others will have similar gut feelings and it has to be in Vale's interests long term that a completely new and structured framework is installed NOW rather than later. We have to have a unity between Smurf and any manager. We have to have unity as a fanbase but that only comes about when we are happy that everyone is pulling in the same direction at the Club. Really there is only one person now who can control our future and that is Smurf. Whatever he decides needs to be accepted by all and we move on together. Come on Vale get me out of my depression, please.

In my opinion we need a couple of pacey attacking wing backs so that we can play 5-3-2. This would accommodate the ability to play Duffy-Inniss (when fit)-McGivern at the back and O'Connor-Grant-Foley in the middle, as opposed to forcing some players out of their best position.

I really do like Dicko and Purkiss as full backs, but not going forward. Therefore get a couple of pacey, young, athletic lads in to do a job as wing backs away from home.

McGivern has played most of his career at Left-Back

As for the wing-backs Aziz Deen-Conteh looks more like of a wing-back

Not many sides play 442 anymore. The system wasnt to blame to the defeat. When playing lower league opposition the players have to be up for it and ours werent.

They should not wear the shirt if they cannot get up for every match they play we as fans are up for every match the vale play it hurts every time we lose in my case since 1953 to the present day.I am just sick and tired of players who cannot do the basics of football at the vale its the players we have at the time that makes the system but if they are not prepared to run and chase after the ball no system will work.

Archived