onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Page Sacked (Rumour)

Samwelo

Advert

Nothing to do with dressing rooms the players are supposed to be professional their desire to win every game should be great,they are a team of bottlers and the manager can rant and rave or trick them into being world beaters BUT at the end of day its down to the individual to have the will to win and today they didnt turn up.

As a footnote Uche can pack his bags and get back to Watford.

Uche was not picked to play today why not slag hooper of aswell he played all of 10 mins .

Page should be asked to expand on THAT comment tomorrow. What exactly do you mean and how do you justify the statement that we are massively over achieving? Massively over achieving !!!!??? What the heck was he thinking, in a league where burton and Walsall are looking like series contenders to be up there , how could he have thought that was a reasonable comment?

Maybe just panic, an off the cuff remark, something to say....but a remark that might come back to haunt him

Uche was not picked to play today why not slag hooper of aswell he played all of 10 mins .

So he didnt play for the majority of the second half, he had every chance to make his mark, but didnt,Hooper was not on the pitch long enough to make a judgement

I see that some fans on the Exeter site noticed this, and they also commented that some of the players did not acknowledge the fans either. That's appalling.

It is not particularly nice to see fans of a lower league club also being able to say that Vale are awful. Ikpeazu was described as a being rubbish and a heavyweight boxer. Their opinions speak volumes.

I have to say Im more embarrassed by the players than Page today.

In these matches the players have to get themselves up for it, even if tactically its poor we should still be able to put up a fight.

What we did today was the worst performance I have ever seen from vale, the players put absalutely no effort in what so ever.

We need rid of some of these players who think they are better than they actually are.

Uche can go back as well, useless.

What does that have to do with anything? Surely he should come on and want to prove a point, put in 100% and get your place back. Instead he comes on and puts in a completely embarrassing showing, again. There is a reason he isnt being selected, he should go back imo.

I really cannot believe that Page can come out with a comment like that, it sums him up. I am sorry Page but we are not, we are mid table in a very average league, look at who is top, Burton Albion who are half the size of us and I might be wrong but would be surprised if their budget is anywhere near ours, now they could say they are punching above their weight, likewise Walsall.

If you take away the first month of the season when performances were good, we have started playing like the last 3 months of last season, yes we have had recently had a decent run but those results could easily have gone against us, Barnsley and Blackpool were very lucky.

For me watching us since the Wigan match, it has been like watching us under Micky Adams, all the good entertaining football has gone and a change should be made, not just on today's show but what we have served up under the manager since March aside from a 7 game spell at the start of the season.

Every single Exeter player today was head and shoulders over any of the Vale players and would swop the lot of them if I could. They were fitter, quicker and certainly wanted it more than us. They won virtually every challenge and Vale players played chickened out even when it was 60/40 in their favour. They should not be paid because you should only get for putting a shift in and today they did not turn up and really had their normal Sunday off and just went for a stroll in the (St. James) park.

If you are going to watch the draw for the 3rd round of the cup the exeter/Vale tie was given number 51 so whoever they are drawn against it would also have been us IF we could have won.

What does that have to do with anything? Surely he should come on and want to prove a point, put in 100% and get your place back. Instead he comes on and puts in a completely embarrassing showing, again. There is a reason he isnt being selected, he should go back imo.

The reason is the system that we play one forward up against a non league team and against a div 2 team i went maidenhead aswell we were shocking first half then of course our deep lying no 10 has to play he is the focal point of our attack no wonder we struggle.

I thought we would be able to see off Exeter and I'm disappointed. Working in the North East this week, so I went for a run along the coast from Sunderland towards South Shields which was brilliant and cheered me up. We seem to be for ever stuck with 442 or is it 451 and away from home I have been severely disappointed with manager decision making at Bradford and Burton. I don't believe Dodds scores enough goals to be a main striker, but he has a lot offer as a midfield player. I feel ALS has done enough to warrant his place recently, but we must be more capable of just nullifying the opposition and counter attacking away from home. It is a push for the playoffs now or this season will crash dive and then a manager change will be needed to revitalise support. It is a hard place to work football I'm afraid.

Archived