onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Page Sacked (Rumour)

Samwelo

I was very disappointed to not see Page clap the fans at the end. Unless I missed it.

I hope we stuck with Page for a little longer but away games are a massive problem. He needs to try something completely different away from home.

Feel sorry for SMURF today but unfortunately that's what the FA cup is all about. Their players simply wanted it more and played good football in the first half an hour and after that our confidence was knocked and couldn't get back into it.

I see that some fans on the Exeter site noticed this, and they also commented that some of the players did not acknowledge the fans either. That's appalling.

It is not particularly nice to see fans of a lower league club also being able to say that Vale are awful. Ikpeazu was described as a being rubbish and a heavyweight boxer. Their opinions speak volumes.

Advert

Players are exempted from criticism then.

The man who picks the players and the players are equally responsible everytime they turn out you do not pick the team because certain players are good in the dressing room if it was like that boomer would be captain.For the last time of asking ditch certain players who have had a good living out of the vale for seasons now get rid

9 days ago we were all buzzing after five wins and a draw in six so shows how quick things change in football. I'm furious and livid to hear that we didn't turn up and by the sounds of it made an average League Two side look like Brazil.

What's disappointing is we are a far better side than Exeter yet we've put in such a poor excuse of a performance in such a crucial game which we should of been taking to them and winning. Going out the Capital One cup in such proud fashion at WBA yet the other two cups we've gone out so feebly against Blackpool reserves and a mediocre League Two side which is so so disappointing.

That said the league is now the main focus and we should let the dust settle before any drastic action, if we beat Scunthorpe the league is poor enough this year that a play off challenge isn't out the question but taking drastic knee jerk reactions could jepodise the work we've done so far in the bread and butter League positioning. We've got Inniss back soon which hopefully will give us a huge boost.

Some of the blame has to go to the manager but equally you can't have players thinking its ok if they just show up and somehow they will get an opportunity to score and can all go home. The manager can try and get them in the right frame of mind but he is a manager not a nanny the players shouldn't need to be spoon fed.

The man who picks the players and the players are equally responsible everytime they turn out you do not pick the team because certain players are good in the dressing room if it was like that boomer would be captain.For the last time of asking ditch certain players who have had a good living out of the vale for seasons now get rid

Nothing to do with dressing rooms the players are supposed to be professional their desire to win every game should be great,they are a team of bottlers and the manager can rant and rave or trick them into being world beaters BUT at the end of day its down to the individual to have the will to win and today they didnt turn up.

As a footnote Uche can pack his bags and get back to Watford.

i,ve had 5hrs to calm down, but my knee jerk reaction now is sack page and put the players that played on the transfer list, and make em play in the reserves, these players were mostly the ones at the start of the season who made us dream that this could be our season. so whats changed? we have 4-5 poor games then win one with a bit of style to keep us all quiet, there was all the fuss about 4 games in 10days but we won them, now we,ve lost the last 2. we only seem to start playing in the 2nd half,in the last few, i was listening to it and apart from Alnwick the others were hardly mentioned...

So against Scuny play the other first teamers and our reserves, they might be proud to wear the shirt, they can not do any worse than those today.

from a bitter,disapointed and disillusioned fan.........

Ive not seen one quote from Pages sentinel interview on the actual performance today.

No sorry to the fans.

No slating the players.

The words "we go again" were used, as if today has already been wiped from memory and "We are punching massively above our weight in the league"...... Really Rob? Seriously?

The players have a manager who is a friend. He isnt hard enough. Too many robbing a living at the minute. Huge kick up the **** needed.

But Pages quotes after the game have angered me even more and is exactly the reason fans wont bother when themanager thinks weare massively overachieving in mid ****ing table.

Just sack him Norm and get some buzz back at Vale Park.

After everything that's happened today the one thing that grinds on me the most is that Page says were "massively overachieving in the league".

I mean wtf is that about, so what about Walsall, Burton, Gills, Yeovil a few seasons ago. For me until today I was behind the manager but after one the result, two the manner of the defeat and then three to come out with that **** that's the massive bit of straw that broke the camels back for me!Massively over achieving - wake up Mr Page!!!

We need a winner in charge and this man doesn't seem that man to me, not anymore too negative in all aspects off his management. Just my opinion of cause.

Ive not seen one quote from Pages sentinel interview on the actual performance today.

No sorry to the fans.

No slating the players.

The words "we go again" were used, as if today has already been wiped from memory and "We are punching massively above our weight in the league"...... Really Rob? Seriously?

The players have a manager who is a friend. He isnt hard enough. Too many robbing a living at the minute. Huge kick up the **** needed.

But Pages quotes after the game have angered me even more and is exactly the reason fans wont bother when themanager thinks weare massively overachieving in mid ****ing table.

Just sack him Norm and get some buzz back at Vale Park.

Beat me to the punch mate but exactly my thoughts. Massively over achieving in the league - were ****ing 11th Rob not top. Beggars belief!!!

Beat me to the punch mate but exactly my thoughts. Massively over achieving in the league - were ****ing 11th Rob not top. Beggars belief!!!

Why should we be accepting of mediocrity m8 ,overachieving whats that all about ,there is nothing fear in league one only Millwall have impressed me the rest in home games we have matched or beaten them .

But away is where we have been found out even Exeter had a plan and stuck to it against us ,where was the element of surprise from us ,there wasn't an element of surprise .

So Mr Page if a team a league below us can dominate 85/90 mins and u have not been able to change the run of the game then what does that say about u ?

We go again where do we page lad after this ? .

Archived