onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Page Sacked (Rumour)

Samwelo

Keep Page - what do you think the gates will be? Then ask yourself the same question if we get a proper manager . Increased attendances of a few hundred would pay the whole of his salary nevermind the saving on Page.

FPN, my fear is we won't get a "proper manager". My fear, and seemingly the fear of several others, is we will get someone who has already left once (or twice) when it was proven that he was no longer up to it, or never up to it.

I'd love Jurgen Klopp to walk out of Liverpool and say "it's always been my dream to manage the Vale" but it's not going to happen.

Advert

Maybe a committee of one vale fan forum posters,could meet up with our chairman and pick the team,and advise him on what player to bring,help we needs some reality here,Bournmouth beat Chelsea ,football, no guarantee on results.they were obviously. More up for it on the day.another day sat another game,who would be a footy fan

FPN, my fear is we won't get a "proper manager". My fear, and seemingly the fear of several others, is we will get someone who has already left once (or twice) when it was proven that he was no longer up to it, or never up to it.

I'd love Jurgen Klopp to walk out of Liverpool and say "it's always been my dream to manage the Vale" but it's not going to happen.

We didn't get a proper manager when Adams left both times. My brother in law has a dog which is pretty thick. It once tried to take on an electric fence and got a shock, being thick it had a second go ............. it didn't try a third time.

If youre on about Adams you are so out of order saying he was never up to it. That promotion a fluke? The promotion to the prem a fluke? You've just made yourself look more silly than usual.

Ahh the two-faced beauty of the FA Cup. It does like to provide banana skins, drama and outbursts. And let's be honest, over the years Vale have been on both ends of these kinds of games. I do think this alleged outburst by the chairman is at the very least unprofessional, but as a Villa fan too I can honestly say I'd rather have a chairman who gets passionately actively involved rather than doing sod all as his team looks at the drop.

I was never keen on Page's appointment, and I'm still not. However we are mid table in League One, we come from an area time forgot that is massively struggling economically, affecting crowds (And I imagine, recruitment to the club). I don't see what Page brings to the table, I don't see what the players are trying to do beyond picking up a pay slip. What I see is a club that's suffering with a hangover after some shocking times in the last decade. We had that brief joy of promotion, and now we're settled back into mid table mediocrity (albeit in a higher league). I'm not trying to defend him, more ask an open question - are these players capable of progression? If not, does Smurf have to pump more money in? Is Page the right man for the job, absolutely not. Who then, can click with the club?

It could be worse, we could be bottom of the league, out in the first round, in administration, managerless. Instead we're not too far off a play off place - If we act sooner rather than later and get rid of Page.

I don't agree about the local economy affecting our gates, people have simply had enough of watching PV and choose other things to spend their money and time on. Our neighbours down the A500 don't appear to be suffering from fans not being able to afford tickets. The club is like a soap-opera, with something always going on, unfortunately usually off the pitch. Whenever we're in the news it's either fans rioting, administration or problems with directors and chairmen. The first few weeks of this season was a real refreshing change, where fans were treated to some fine football and entertainment, but as expected it was short lived and again we return to poor tactics, performances and the general tedious feeling of gloom from within the club.

We didn't get a proper manager when Adams left both times. My brother in law has a dog which is pretty thick. It once tried to take on an electric fence and got a shock, being thick it had a second go ............. it didn't try a third time.

Makes you wonder why Smurthwaite would bother then, when he knows we have a "proper manager", who by coincidence wouldn't get a job at any of the other 91 FL clubs, waiting in the wings?

My guess is he has let Page know his feelings in no uncertain terms and has told him he is going to sleep on it and decide the mood tomorrow and then sack him...as Page has said he carries on and prepares for SCunthorpe until he is told otherwise

The thing is continue as we are and the gates will go down no further players added to the squad in Jan and he gradually ***** up our flirt with the playoffs!!!!!

New manager please Mr Smurf!!!

If youre on about Adams you are so out of order saying he was never up to it. That promotion a fluke? The promotion to the prem a fluke? You've just made yourself look more silly than usual.

Was referring to Glover, unless you have forgotten the season he was in charge? Adams was no longer up to it, unless you have forgotten the 9 months he had in charge in 2014? Maybe you are referring to his roaring success at Tranmere after leaving us as well? Or maybe not.

Archived