onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Page Sacked (Rumour)

Samwelo

Advert

Smurf needs to give the players hell coz a lot of them were appalling today. Their attitude is a disgrace and they show a complete lack of passion. Awful performance!!

Why can't Page lay into them at half time to get them going? Either he hasn't got the motivational skills or the team are a bunch of overpaid chokers. Either way it's not Smurf to blame its on the lazy, pathetic players. The only one that put a shift in was Alnwick, so full credit to him

Smurf I fully understand you are hurting both financially and emotionally. I can only empathise on the latter not the former. This hurts and it's hard to take because you are used to being able to control things to a large extent in your business life. That is not the case with football which is partly the harshness of the game but primarily the beauty and magic of it. You have done a fantastic job for my club and 90% of this fan base thank you for it which is a phenomenal level of support for a football chairman. I think the reason for that is because we can see you care. You feel our pain because you are suffering it with us. Your emotional buy in to this great club is palpable. Take 48 hours, clear your head, put your chairman head back on again and go again. The vast majority of the supporters are behind you. Why because you care and you show it.

Well as it happerns l did not mention that today but l am sure you are pleased to learn that l will not be doing that in the future so will not need to mention it

Hi Norman, using this site as a rational barometer is pointless, the facts are that any right thinking Vale fan appreciates completely the financial commitment you have made to the club. Today was unacceptable, that shouldn't mean you abandon us. Whether or not you sack Page is your decision, but something has to excite the fans as the season is, as of now, dead

You either wallow in the misery of it all or get up dust yourself down get a manager who's a winner and don't accept failure.... There were teams playing in the cup today who made their fans so proud Forest green, Altrincham and particularly Whitehawk they all played with skill and passion for their fans ....where was that from Vale players today?

We are too inconsistent and I'm afraid that's down to the Manager!!!

Smurf needs to give the players hell coz a lot of them were appalling today. Their attitude is a disgrace and they show a complete lack of passion. Awful performance!!

Why can't Page lay into them at half time to get them going? Either he hasn't got the motivational skills or the team are a bunch of overpaid chokers. Either way it's not Smurf to blame its on the lazy, pathetic players. The only one that put a shift in was Alnwick, so full credit to him

Or the manager is a soft touch and certain players show little respect and almost overrule 'Pagey' in the dressing room. ;)

Punching above our weight indeed,what a stupid statement to make when we have just been pasted by a lower league team, this I think should show Norman the mindset of the manager ultra cautious and tactically inept, not impressed Norman not impressed at all.

I was very disappointed to not see Page clap the fans at the end. Unless I missed it.

I hope we stuck with Page for a little longer but away games are a massive problem. He needs to try something completely different away from home.

Feel sorry for SMURF today but unfortunately that's what the FA cup is all about. Their players simply wanted it more and played good football in the first half an hour and after that our confidence was knocked and couldn't get back into it.

Is it a over reaction to be annoyed at losing to a team in a lower league .

No cause it ain't, what do u want the fans be like ,great we lost a great chance of bringing much needed revenue into the club but it's ok we still got the league play for and we only four points off the play offs .

Today was about making sure we were in that draw and they couldn't manage that against Exeter no disrespect but Exeter a mid table lower division side .

How does that make the players who wore them shirts of ours today ?

It makes them look like big time Charlies who play when they want to ,today was about the club not them and they failed miserably.

Is it the manager or the players I'd say if the manager cannot get a bunch of league one players beat a bunch of league two players then he has to go .

The problem is we cannot keep making excuses for the players ,u either want to play for PVFC or u don't.

A cup run would have done the Vale a world of good and maybe attracted those who have walked away to come back but what's today done it's give folk who r no longer attending or only casually attending the chance walk away .

It's not about the chairman obviously he is annoyed and if he does decide go then who can blame him ,the players and manager efforts today have hardly helped the Vale cause .

You either wallow in the misery of it all or get up dust yourself down get a manager who's a winner and don't accept failure.... There were teams playing in the cup today who made their fans so proud Forest green, Altrincham and particularly Whitehawk they all played with skill and passion for their fans ....where was that from Vale players today?

Just got back after witnessing one of the most spineless performances from a Vale team I have seen in a long time. It really was pathetic and if the manager is not sacked after that, then come the Scunthorpe game, we will be lucky to get 3000.

Thank you for coming on the bus Norman and saying that the performance was not acceptable, his words were that action was going to be taken but he never said whether this would to do with himself, players, manager or coaches, I thought that by the time I got home Page would have been gone.

I know it is the FA Cup and there are always going to be shocks but there is a way to lose matches and today was completely unacceptable, we were never in the game apart from a 5 minute spell before half time.

If we are looking for a manager who gets his team playing football the correct you could do far worse than Exeter's manager, they were quicker, fitter, passed the ball well and it looked like they were 2 leagues above us.

Players are exempted from criticism then.

Archived