onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Page Sacked (Rumour)

Samwelo

I don't love Page at all and if Norman, at the end of the season, decided he'd like to try someone else, whilst feeling sad on a personal level for someone who comes across as a pretty decent bloke (perhaps too decent), I wouldn't be heartbroken.

I spend a lot of time on here defending him because so so many of the arguments for him being sacked are vitriolic, spiteful and downright lies.

People hammered him with the retained list and I think, by and large, he's been proved correct.

People play down wins because of late goals or poor performances yet slate him if we are unlucky and don't get what we 'deserve'.

People slate his team selections when the vast majority of fans would have put those exact same players out.

People say we are rubbish when we have one of the best home records in the country.

People criticise the players that he's bought but practically every single position on the pitch is an improvement on last year.

People say that we'll get hammered when we play 'good' teams but when it's pointed out that we have played well against those teams, it gets dismissed as 'boring'.

We also have a chairman who, seemingly, can't wait to sack him and peppers interviews with snide little digs at him; whilst I'm on the subject, I believe Derek over Norman, I'm afraid.

I defend Page because, generally, I don't think the criticisms (and indeed praise) that he receives are fair.

page is a coach he was also a centre half when he played why is it we concede goal after goal from corners we have not improved 1 iota since he has been in charge.The best defenders we have had over the last 5 or 6 years off corners were griff and pope where was duffy yesterday with there first goal sitting on his backside enough said.

Advert

Good job we got the 4 league wins in November against the relegation candidates. Didnt make pretty reading before that.

Papering over cracks. I was over for the Chesterfield and Blackpool games. If thats the best we can offer no wonder we lost yesterday.

Winning Football matches whilst not playing so well is not particularly a bad thing is it?

Would be very harsh and unfair to say Page won 4 League games in a row was fluke.

Things aren't perfect, I was there at the Bury away game aswell. Away form needs to be seriously looked at we definitely need to bring in another Striker to ease the current goals shortage away from home.

But I've seen some positives from the home games I've attended so far this season which unfortunately gets brushed under the carpet.

I don't think they do actually. Someone on here said our number was assigned before the game took place and if you have a look at the numbers for the draw tonight it would seem to bear that out.

It's only a bit of fun/wishful thinking so let's assume we would have got whoever Exeter get.....it will be Leicester at home :)

I don't think they do actually. Someone on here said our number was assigned before the game took place and if you have a look at the numbers for the draw tonight it would seem to bear that out.

...that is correct. Ball 51 was allocated to the Exeter v Port Vale tie, so whoever won the tie would have been No. 51.

Let's hope they get Colchester away!!

I feel that people often hear what they want to hear, regardless of what is actually said and it is quite possible that in the heat of the moment people may not say what they actually mean to say. I do worry that some "supporters" wish that the manager should be sacked and believe that the only way to improve performances is to shout, swear and generally abuse the players and staff. Constructive criticism should always be welcome but booing and jeering are counter productive. Vale are a work in progress, not the finished product and will be inconsistent at present.

The current management team have had less than half a season to show their merits and have certainly shown progress in that time. Yesterday was a disappointment and a set back but far from a crisis.

I don't think he will now, now for a game or two at least. Smurthwaite's on Radio Stoke at 6 so may make some kind of announcement.

Something like - Me and Rob have talked about what went wrong,why it went wrong.He promised me that he WOULD sort out any problems,he has faith in his team of players who always give everything.I was out of order and I apologised to Rob about the rant that I had on the coaches after the game.It was my passion for the team,our team.It was the disappointment at how bad Vale played and the bad result.I fully believe that Rob will sort out any problems and he has my full backing.Rob and I get on very well and are in regular contact with each other about ways to take the club forward.There has been no plans to sack him,there have been no talks with any other manager to replace him.

I think he'll probably announce that attendances are too low and that he won't be putting in the same amount next season.

He has that many times and i think he has had enough and wanted to get out for a while(i hope i am wrong),low attendances,away performances etc...it honestly wouldn't surprise me if he did put us up for sale,we would just have to hope it would be to the right person BUT who would want it and not own the ground,thats a worry

Whether you like RP or not...

Something is wrong and needs changing.

The results aren't as NS and the fans were expecting or hoping.

The fans aren't happy... the players aren't performing... the crowds are low... and so NS is unhappy.

I remember being excited about a Saturday when PV were at home, frankly this season (apart from the odd game here and there) has drained the excitement. I no longer go expecting us to perform and take the game to the opposition.

We set up too negative, we sit far too deep and invite pressure for long periods of the game, we only play with one striker, and we have a manager with so much positivity and ambition that he comes out with 'we're punching about our weight' :mad:

RP had all the backroom staff he asked for, and spent the budget and then spent more.

Archived