onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Retained list?.

wwindsor

Advert

Glover and Grew OUT

Birchall/Williamson/Yates/Daniel/Mohamed/Robertson....can find League 2 Clubs

Inniss season long loan plus possibly Collins/O'Sullivan/Coulibaly.

Keepers....Neal/Johnson/Boot

Defenders....Dicko/Deen-Conteh/McGivern/Collins/Inniss/Smith/Duffy/Veseli....plus RB.

Midfield.....O'Connor/Lines/Brown/O'Sullivan/Dodds...plus CM.

Wingers...Marshall/Moore/Andoh/Lloyd/Coulibaly

Forwards...Pope/Campion/Kapend/Nimely.....plus CF

Brown as Player Coach.....Inniss season long Loan......need a Right Back/Centre Mid/Centre Forward....however don't know the situation with either

Lines or Nimely and whether Page and new coaching staff will play 4/4/2 or 4/3/3 or 4/2/3/1.....also some players might not sign and find new clubs.

So there could be six or eight new players and maybe a couple of loans.

Squad seems gifted with keepers and Collins/Inniss could be a solid centre back partnership....both Veseli (RB/CB)and McGivern (LB/CB)are versatile

while the experienced Duffy offers cover also...Deen-Conteh should push Dickinson for the left back spot and a new right back signing is a must have.

Midfield with O'Connor/Lines/Brown/Dodds/O'Sullivan plus a new centre midfield signing and the wingers Marshall/Moore/Andoh/Lloyd/Coulibaly

seems very attacking and with Brown busy as player coach the new player should be a holding midfielder option.

The forward line needs a fully fit Pope and Campion with the benefit of a full pre-season plus Kapend the wonder kid but also a new signing and

if the very talented Nimely can't find some focus and get the attitude right then two new forwards are needed.

It might look a big squad but some young players will go out on loan and Brown will be player coach and a couple of signings will likely be loan deals it does kinda looks like the club will ship seven or eight or nine players out and sign six or seven....but the most important thing is new coaching staff.

The above is a discussion paper or a rough sketch map of possibilities moving forward.

I would go with a lot of what you say above, except for your defenders, McGiven I would release, not good enough, we have got an excellent replacement, who has just signed a contract in young Birgin, also Deen- Conteh, is not good enough at left back, but is a good solid player, the new coaching staff, should play him left side of midfield, or in a defensive midfield role, as back up, also we have a very talented centre midfield player, in Billy Reeves, who again has just signed a contract, Kapend is a must for a first team striker, playing of Pope, you will see that we have got the young version of a Tony Naylor, Marshall/Moore on the left Andoh on the right, they will be more than a handful for any first division defence.

other league managers will be creaming their pants in the knowledge that pagey has been reprieved and that 3 points are there for the taking.

Your attitude, is just what we need, it just amazes me how we attract any player, especially if they n read:rolleyes: this site!!!

I would go with a lot of what you say above, except for your defenders, McGiven I would release, not good enough, we have got an excellent replacement, who has just signed a contract in young Birgin, also Deen- Conteh, is not good enough at left back, but is a good solid player, the new coaching staff, should play him left side of midfield, or in a defensive midfield role, as back up, also we have a very talented centre midfield player, in Billy Reeves, who again has just signed a contract, Kapend is a must for a first team striker, playing of Pope, you will see that we have got the young version of a Tony Naylor, Marshall/Moore on the left Andoh on the right, they will be more than a handful for any first division defence.

So both Deen-Conteh and Veseli can play defensive midfield.....and Birgin has potential as a future first choice left back.....Billy Reeves could be

a possible partner for O'Connor or is it too soon for the lad.....Kapend sounds like the perfect partner for Pope....did Kapend form a good partnership with Campion for the U21's.....Vale do seem to have some talented wingers presumably Moore and Marshall would be first choice but both Andoh and

Lloyd are real prospects and very talented.

Your attitude, is just what we need, it just amazes me how we attract any player, especially if they n read:rolleyes: this site!!!

I would be more worried if supporters didn't want the club to better itself and improve. Clubs that settle for mediocrity will never be successful.

So both Deen-Conteh and Veseli can play defensive midfield.....and Birgin has potential as a future first choice left back.....Billy Reeves could be

a possible partner for O'Connor or is it too soon for the lad.....Kapend sounds like the perfect partner for Pope....did Kapend form a good partnership with Campion for the U21's.....Vale do seem to have some talented wingers presumably Moore and Marshall would be first choice but both Andoh and

Lloyd are real prospects and very talented.

Deen -Conteh would make a very good defensive midfielder, and so would Verseli, Kapend is a very talented player, who needs the Pope type of player, to play off, Campion/Kapend never worked, Campion to slow in his thinking, to suit Kapend, Birgin excellent centre back, very cool under pressure, excellent header of the ball, and very good at bringing the ball out of defence' would be wasted at left back.

I feel Lloyd has been at the club far too long and has never been given a chance - couple of substitute appearances where he certainly did not let the team down. For his own sake he needs to move on. Lots of youth players being mentioned and I hope they succeed but there is a long way to go before they are first team players. There is a grave danger in letting players go unless we have suitable (better) replacements. In my opinion Yates is clearly the best (the only) right back that we have and shown time and time again by returning to the team in spite of prejudice and being a scapegoat for poor team performances. He is also the best crosser of the ball from the right.

Deen -Conteh would make a very good defensive midfielder, and so would Verseli, Kapend is a very talented player, who needs the Pope type of player, to play off, Campion/Kapend never worked, Campion to slow in his thinking, to suit Kapend, Birgin excellent centre back, very cool under pressure, excellent header of the ball, and very good at bringing the ball out of defence' would be wasted at left back.

I actually don't think that's a bad shout. he's comfortable on the ball, gets forward well, can pick a pass. maybe him sitting infront of a back 4 might work?

Is Bergin a big lad, or is he similar build to Joe Davies? I thought he would have been a great centre half is he was a bit more bulky but sadly wasn't and often found out by big bruisers up front.

Lloyd is a very good footballer with real talent....the lad had a high skill set and football intelligence.....people mention that Coulibaly lacks end product

in terms of goals and assists.....Lloyd doesn't half put a good delivery into box.....thing is if either Moore or Marshall are injured then Andoh and Lloyd must get games and not some average journeyman/loan signing......the club has four good wingers.

When considering any retentions surely all the out of contract defenders have to be at risk, we were awful at the back all season and there were innumerable mistakes that cost us goals by virtually all of them. Verseli seems to have a lot of admirers on this site but for me he makes far too many expensive mistakes and is one of those players who can look ok for 99% of the game but then does something woeful that costs a goal. Robertson is similar. I can accept the odd costly mistake now and again, eg, Chris Neal occasionally cocks up, but we can't live with players who do it on a regular basis.

Verseli's young and could improve but from where he is now he needs to do a lot of improving.

Lloyd is a very good footballer with real talent....the lad had a high skill set and football intelligence.....people mention that Coulibaly lacks end product

in terms of goals and assists.....Lloyd doesn't half put a good delivery into box.....thing is if either Moore or Marshall are injured then Andoh and Lloyd must get games and not some average journeyman/loan signing......the club has four good wingers.

I agree with that and I feel Ryan hasn't had a fair chance to prove himself (unfortunately he's been injured for quite a bit of this season too). Something to bear in mind is that we need a squad, not just a first 11 - 16, and players like Lloyd are still very young and would cost very little whilst providing able cover and the potential to develop.

Fortunately it appears we have some strength in the young squad player department so maybe we can provide depth to the squad without breaking the budget and maximise the senior player pool by getting quality over quantity.?

I feel Lloyd has been at the club far too long and has never been given a chance - couple of substitute appearances where he certainly did not let the team down. For his own sake he needs to move on. Lots of youth players being mentioned and I hope they succeed but there is a long way to go before they are first team players. There is a grave danger in letting players go unless we have suitable (better) replacements. In my opinion Yates is clearly the best (the only) right back that we have and shown time and time again by returning to the team in spite of prejudice and being a scapegoat for poor team performances. He is also the best crosser of the ball from the right.

Your having a laugh if you think Yates is the best crosses. He's crap and has been whenever he's players. Cue this getting minus 10 from the Yates lovers

Archived