onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Retained list?.

wwindsor

A problem Page has is that he hasn't been the manager for long and I don't think we have a chief scout (do we?)

Therefore, how he has managed to compile a bucket list of players I'm not too sure, apart from his contacts with Wales (O'Sullivan) and possibly now through Bodin, which might help.

I think I read somewhere on-line where there was even talk of contacting Rudge but I'm not sure about that.

Whatever happens, we were told we'd need about 5 new first team players, that has now become 6, and if the other two better ones go that might end up being as many as 8. That is a huge ask.

There again, if Lines goes (and I think he will), Page will have extra money to spend.

One of the key things I think (and I've been saying this for weeks) lies in our ability to sign 2-3 good loan players. Not ones who will warm the bench but ones who can make a difference. Most other teams do it at our level and we should try and follow suit.

One thing is for sure. We're going to see an awful lot of new players this summer which should make it interesting, one way or another.

And I'm still wondering what formation/tactics Page will adopt now that he's got pre-season to prepare.

Advert

The Sage an interesting stock take of the situation....so 5 players needed and now 6 with Pope gone and as you say if the other two better players go that is 8....and you think Lines will go.......so we need 9 new players....basically Neil and Veseli plus a whole new first team.....the retained list players are

mostly all squad-wood to coin a neologism.....it is a big ask of the "retained manager" to sign 9 first teamers being an inexperienced trainee under development manager and all......however if Smurf can sign Inniss on a season long loan and perhaps also that young striker from Palace also and

get Streete signed up it would be a start....perhaps Page can get movement on O 'Sullivan and Junior and Villa have released Herd but the wages

would be a problem....as said Boden may well have some valuable insight and possible targets.

A problem Page has is that he hasn't been the manager for long and I don't think we have a chief scout (do we?)

Therefore, how he has managed to compile a bucket list of players I'm not too sure, apart from his contacts with Wales (O'Sullivan) and possibly now through Bodin, which might help.

I think I read somewhere on-line where there was even talk of contacting Rudge but I'm not sure about that.

Whatever happens, we were told we'd need about 5 new first team players, that has now become 6, and if the other two better ones go that might end up being as many as 8. That is a huge ask.

There again, if Lines goes (and I think he will), Page will have extra money to spend.

One of the key things I think (and I've been saying this for weeks) lies in our ability to sign 2-3 good loan players. Not ones who will warm the bench but ones who can make a difference. Most other teams do it at our level and we should try and follow suit.

One thing is for sure. We're going to see an awful lot of new players this summer which should make it interesting, one way or another.

And I'm still wondering what formation/tactics Page will adopt now that he's got pre-season to prepare.

Robbie Earle said maybe Page can ask Rudge for a bit of help in finding a Pope replacement as he has been scouting for a few teams last season

That's complete sense. My worry is Page's apparent inability to move on from the pish in the squad- benching youth & loanee's (if they're lucky) being a case in point.

We are assuming that the new contracts offered are the financial size of the players previous contracts.

What if our financial and commercial genius owner Norman has offered the contracts at a quarter of current salary better the Devils you know.

Would make great subs for that kind of money.

The reality however is they probably will have been offered 70% of thier last deal. They will not re sign any way I suspect relegation rob has talked to smurf about his summer targets and smurf has said lets do a deal with the current lot.

We should not panic apart from birch all most will refuse it.

We are assuming that the new contracts offered are the financial size of the players previous contracts.

What if our financial and commercial genius owner Norman has offered the contracts at a quarter of current salary better the Devils you know.

The reality however is they probably will have been offered 70% of thier last deal. They will not re sign any way I suspect relegation rob has talked to smurf about his summer targets and smurf has said lets do a deal with the current lot.

We should not panic apart from birch all most will refuse it. Better de

Are you drunk again?

No were not. We are assuming there has been a reduction, as quoted by many people including players, press and NS himself.

He's got more money and experience than you. Stop pretending your an expert, your a moron.

A players wages doesn't equate to his value on the pitch. A quality player for a good wage is good, a bad player on a low wage is still a waste of wage. Surely your commercial know-how would have flagged this?

So let me get this straight. They've been offered a 30% reduction, nobody....nobody will re-sign and Mr Page has talked to NS to tell him they won't sign and to sign other players. NS then says no lets sign the current lot. Are you suggesting we will offer a higher wage to the current lot just to keep them? Like when we offered Pope the money he wanted so he stayed??

We should not panic apart from birch all most will refuse it.

Honestly, its best you just stop posting. Your not doing your credibility very much good.

Archived