onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Retained list?.

wwindsor

Ooooh! Your support for Yates is nearly is pathetic as yourself. Or are you pretend friends with him aswell?

Comedy gold, being called pathetic by a "fan" who hates most of the team, management and owners. A pleb who often moans about everything but offers no solution , if you think we can find better cover than Yates , give me a few names? many have tried to displace him but none have succeeded.

Advert

Comedy gold, being called pathetic by a "fan" who hates most of the team, management and owners. A pleb who often moans about everything but offers no solution , if you think we can find better cover than Yates , give me a few names? many have tried to displace him but none have succeeded.

Considering he couldnt get a game this year (behind someone who isnt exactly brilliant at right back) kind of ends your point. Why do names need to be given? Im sure there are loads of right and left backs out there that could act as cover.

For what it's worth...

I'd offer new deals to: Pope, Veseli, O'Connor, Marshall, Dodds, Brown and then the young players (Smith, Lloyd, Boot OR Johnson)

That means releasing: Birchall, Mohammed, Nimely, Robertson, Yates, Williamson, Boot OR Johnson (seems silly to have two, although depending on their wage I wouldn't be disheartened if we kept both).

And from the current crop I would transfer list/release: Duffy, Daniel, Lines, McGivern OR Dickinson

That leaves a squad of:

GK - Neal

DEF - Veseli (CB/RB); McGivern OR Dickinson (LB/CB)

MID - Brown (DM); O'Connor (CM); Dodds (AM); Marshall (W); Moore (W)

ATT - Pope; Campion

Plus the young players: Boot OR Johnson; Bergin; Smith; Deen Conteh; Andoh; Steele; Reeves; Haughton; Lloyd; Kapend

That leaves a squad of 10 first team plus 10 young players. Therefore I would look to add:

- 2 attacking full backs

- 2 bruiser centre halves

- a defensive midfielder (Brown ain't going to play every game again)

- a Striker (a better Williamson)

With regards to the young players, I would look to send them out on loan for the season. Even if we still pay the wages, it's better for them to get proper first team experience as opposed to reserve football. However I wouldn't look to loaning them out to a level any lower than Conference north/south.

Then I'd double up on every position with promising young talent from prem clubs, so that there is enough competition for places - unless Page is seriously considering using our own young players.

Craig Alcock. Far superior. Easy as that buddy.

Well apparently Boot has signed;

http://m.worcesternews.co.uk/sport/12939595.Carl_Heeley__Work_commitments_forced_Nathan_Vaughan_s_exit/

Wonder if we are going to keep all 3 keepers or whether we could look to offload Johnson by offering him a contract but him walking or releasing him?

Not surprised We have given Ryan Boot a contract, a very good goalkeeping prospect.

Craig Alcock. Far superior. Easy as that buddy.

So he can play left back too? You seem to be missing the point that Yates can cover both positions, nobody is suggesting he is a starter, but that to release him when his wages are probably cheap too.

Plus alcock is probably on a fair wedge at sheff utd, i doubt we can afford him, or that he would want to move.

We were certainly interested in someone from Sheff Utd a few weeks ago when RP & NS went to watch them. Maybe it was Collins.

Those two players would be a big improvement on what we've got but I doubt we could afford them.

It might be more sensible to look at the better players in Div 2 and younger lads from the leagues above who might be itching for a chance elsewhere.

I'm hearing Ryan Lloyd been offered a deal!

If this is what Page is all about I'm worried!

This can't be true surely?

Page has had the opportunity to give him a chance all season and instead turned to young lads from other clubs. Signing him up just dosent make sense. (Unless our budget is so low)

Archived