onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Retained list?.

wwindsor

Generally I'm a supporter of bringing throught young talent. In Lloyd's case I'm not 100% convinced, nice touch but never seem to have enough pace to get free in space and lacks aggression to be more of a midfield player than a winger. Hope I'm proved wrong as he seem a really nice lad. My guess is with 5 players moving up he will sadly be moving on.

Advert

Your having a laugh if you think Yates is the best crosses. He's crap and has been whenever he's players. Cue this getting minus 10 from the Yates lovers

Has Yates ever beaten the first man with a cross ?

I feel Lloyd has been at the club far too long and has never been given a chance - couple of substitute appearances where he certainly did not let the team down. For his own sake he needs to move on. Lots of youth players being mentioned and I hope they succeed but there is a long way to go before they are first team players. There is a grave danger in letting players go unless we have suitable (better) replacements. In my opinion Yates is clearly the best (the only) right back that we have and shown time and time again by returning to the team in spite of prejudice and being a scapegoat for poor team performances. He is also the best crosser of the ball from the right.

Think you're right about the youth team players - they are unlikely to make much impact next season and if 2 make it to regulars in the league it will be a good return. I don't agree about Yates, although he has been the best right back we've had in 10 seasons overall. I also think the quality of full-backs at this level is truly awful. However he is past his peak and his lack of height always made him a bit of a liability from crosses on the left (part of the reason so many of the goals conceded have come from the left, although the quality of our left-backs is hardly that good!!) and his biggest strength has always been his work-rate, which will only decline with age.

We may have to keep a few squad players - and Yates always puts in a shift for us - but if we are looking to try and break into the top half of the Table and stay there we need to improve on what we've got.

In my view we've probably only got about 6-7 players out of 20+ who are consistently good enough to get us there so money permitting we have to make changes.

Watching Veseli carefully in the last 3 weeks I don't think he's good enough at right back either. He's another one who backs off and ball watches when the ball comes into the box. I'm expecting us to try and sign a new right back. It can't be that hard can it?

I actually don't think that's a bad shout. he's comfortable on the ball, gets forward well, can pick a pass. maybe him sitting infront of a back 4 might work?

Is Bergin a big lad, or is he similar build to Joe Davies? I thought he would have been a great centre half is he was a bit more bulky but sadly wasn't and often found out by big bruisers up front.

Yes Birgin is a big lad, don't know his exact height, but I would say he his 6ft 2" plus, he as a large frame, and very athletic.

Lloyd is a very good footballer with real talent....the lad had a high skill set and football intelligence.....people mention that Coulibaly lacks end product

in terms of goals and assists.....Lloyd doesn't half put a good delivery into box.....thing is if either Moore or Marshall are injured then Andoh and Lloyd must get games and not some average journeyman/loan signing......the club has four good wingers.

Re: Lloyd, I would like to see him given a go at left back, if he his given a new contract, he could be tried in that position in the pre season matches, to see how he does, I've seen him play in a defensive midfield role, and he was quite effective.

Think you're right about the youth team players - they are unlikely to make much impact next season and if 2 make it to regulars in the league it will be a good return. I don't agree about Yates, although he has been the best right back we've had in 10 seasons overall. I also think the quality of full-backs at this level is truly awful. However he is past his peak and his lack of height always made him a bit of a liability from crosses on the left (part of the reason so many of the goals conceded have come from the left, although the quality of our left-backs is hardly that good!!) and his biggest strength has always been his work-rate, which will only decline with age.

You say that the youth players are unlikely to make an impact next season, and you would be happy with two of the lads making it in this league, I've got news for you, there will be at least five, that will make it next season, provided they are given a chance, and before anybody says that it is a big step up to play league football, just look at Innis, Streete, Veseli, none had ever played league football until they played for us, that's three of them that have done alright for us, I'm very exited to what we have got in our youth set up, and you and other fans will be, when they are given a chance.

You say that the youth players are unlikely to make an impact next season, and you would be happy with two of the lads making it in this league, I've got news for you, there will be at least five, that will make it next season, provided they are given a chance, and before anybody says that it is a big step up to play league football, just look at Innis, Streete, Veseli, none had ever played league football until they played for us, that's three of them that have done alright for us, I'm very exited to what we have got in our youth set up, and you and other fans will be, when they are given a chance.

If they're good enough they're old enough.;)

We may have to keep a few squad players - and Yates always puts in a shift for us - but if we are looking to try and break into the top half of the Table and stay there we need to improve on what we've got.

In my view we've probably only got about 6-7 players out of 20+ who are consistently good enough to get us there so money permitting we have to make changes.

Watching Veseli carefully in the last 3 weeks I don't think he's good enough at right back either. He's another one who backs off and ball watches when the ball comes into the box. I'm expecting us to try and sign a new right back. It can't be that hard can it?

I'd take Matt Tootle from our South-Cheshire neighbours if he's still available.

I agree.

Players we have taken from Crewe, like Naylor and Moore (from what I've seen of him) have been coached well at Crewe and most do very well indeed when they move on. I've always been impressed with him and I'm surprised if he's been let go.

Archived