onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Retained list?.

wwindsor

I disagree. When Dodds has played as a second striker he's been good and during our bad run was one of the better players.

We were actually better when Pope was out of the side injured. Our best period of the season

Advert

If that should happen then he could be out of work himself end of September.His retained list will be a big test for him.

I think that's right.

It's obvious that our current team hasn't been good enough and would struggle again next season unless it's strengthened in several areas. We clearly need 4-5 better players to add to those we've got - if they stay.

(I'd keep Dodds. He's a more than useful player to have in the squad).

I disagree. When Dodds has played as a second striker he's been good and during our bad run was one of the better players.

We were actually better when Pope was out of the side injured. Our best period of the season

Why should we be offering a player who after 7 years at the club has never nailed down a first team spot. He scored 4 goals last season, 3 against Crawley and one against Colchester. In his last 2 seasons for us, he has 8 goals, not good for a player who people keep saying is the best finisher at the club.

He too often goes missing in games and if he was to leave Vale I don't think there would be many if any league 1 teams coming in for him.

I'm by no means saying he should be a starter but I'm not totally convinced he should be released.

If yates Birchall Williamson lloyd or boot are offered deals I worry about page being the right choice.

Posted it on the wrong thread...

Anyway, I'd offer new contracts to:

O'Connor - 2+ years (Starter)

Marshall - 2+ years (Starter)

Pope - 2 years (Starter)

Veseli - 2+ years (Starter)

Dodds - 1 year (Squad player)

Johnson - 2 years (Loan out and bring in experienced back up)

Brown - (Player/coach role)

Lloyd - 1 year (Squad player)

Smith - 2 years (Loan out)

Release:

Yates

Birchall

Williamson

Mohamed

Nimely

Robertson

Boot (Don't need two young keepers)

Transfer List:

McGivern

Daniel

Lines (Big fan but his heart is set on a move to Rovers I feel)

MAYBE Duffy (Could provide decent cover at centre half)

Therefore retaining:

Neal (Starter)

Dickinson (Squad player for me)

Deen-Conteh (Loan out)

Moore (Starter)

Andoh (Loan out)

Campion (Squad player)

According on Twitter on Signal 1 radio page it says that rumor is true. :). "Player of the year is close to signing a new contract" is their words :).

It's typical poor journalism from George Andrews, interview taken days ago

I don't think there is that much wrong with our squad. If we had finished with 10 more points we would have been happy. That could be achieved by reducing individual errors. In defence we need a better mix with too many alike in stature players presently. We need a powerful centre half to deal with crosses. We need more depth in midfield and possibly more tackling in front of the defence. We need more goals up front and an ability to attack right, left and centre and not just left via Marshall. I also think the team ran out of legs in the last quarter of the season and that may reflect a lack of players trusted to come in to relieve the first team. Finally, the team was based at the start of the season on an Adams close them down style, but then made to change to a Page fall back in to shape retain the ball philosophy. So some players more compatible with that philosophy are needed to play the Page way better. I don't know the budget situation, but big change is always big risk in project management and should only occur when there is a crisis. There is no crisis, just some urgency for incremental change.

Why should we be offering a player who after 7 years at the club has never nailed down a first team spot. He scored 4 goals last season, 3 against Crawley and one against Colchester. In his last 2 seasons for us, he has 8 goals, not good for a player who people keep saying is the best finisher at the club.

He too often goes missing in games and if he was to leave Vale I don't think there would be many if any league 1 teams coming in for him.

Totally agree on the Marmite player that is Dodds. People say we need better players and yet some want to re-sign a player that hasn't been a regular first teamer for 7 years AMAZING !!!!!!

It's typical poor journalism from George Andrews, interview taken days ago

Basically down to if his wife feels the move is plausible. He doesn't want to uproot from his family home in Lincoln but he's enjoyed his year here and I'm sure whoever he moves to will have an exceptional asset.

Basically down to if his wife feels the move is plausible. He doesn't want to uproot from his family home in Lincoln but he's enjoyed his year here and I'm sure whoever he moves to will have an exceptional asset.

Yeah heard it myself. Its basically up to his lady over the nxt few days. Oh and the little bit which made me smile at the end, Page getting the job might sway him to stay. :laugh:

Archived