onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Post match comments Vale 4 Wycombe 1

geosname

Advert

Had this been a match occuring anytime over the last 3-4 seasons Wycombe would be walking away with 3 points.

At the moment Vale are pretty much irresistable.

Neal: Deservedly MOTM. Crucial saves and safe as houses.

Duffy: Not great distribution but solid.

Taylor: Looks like making left back his position. Solid.

McCombe & McDonald gradually supressed the attackers.

Stoker: Quality as always and wanted the ball all the time.

Murphy: Lacking match sharpness but showed flashes of what he can do.

JMW: Another impressive display and another assist.

Vincent: Probably playing two divisions below where he could play. Great player.

Dodds: Unsung hero of the match. Did everything well and was instrumental in the goals.

Pope: Greatest Vale striker ever? Ate their defence for breakfast.

James, Lloyd and Williamson: Great to see subs come on and keep the team solid and influence the outcome of the game.

Fabulous performance again. I can't really believe this is happening.

Ref almost destroyed the game. Might have been correct penalty decision but should have given one to us. Loads of errors - see Ref's own thread!

I agree with M.A. I don't think we'll get away with playing as poorly as we did first half on other occasions. I'll put Murphy's performance down to lack of match fitness and understand that we won't get a full blooded 90 mins out of Shuker in the middle but a lack of strength in depth was evident today. Neale and Pope got us out of a hole and the scoreline flattered us.

I'm also thinking there might be a perverse temporary destabilizing effect on performances from the new owner coming in what M.A. hinted at when talking about renegotiating his own contract.

Another good result from a hard working team who are proving on a regular basis they mean business this season despite the s h i t e thats been goin on off the pitch - cant believe last weeks sentinel where BY and his merry men are getting mega bucks for screwing there job up on a consistant basis - need to reduce there fees and re-direct funds to the likes of Pope and co for a job well done.

Archived