onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Post match comments Vale 4 Wycombe 1

geosname

If anyone had told me at the start of the season that after 13 games we'd have 29 points averaging 2.5 goals per game with Pope top league scorer with more than a goal a game and in the third round of the paint pot after beating two league 1 clubs (including Walsall) - I'd have assumed they were on drugs.

Perfectly summed up, my thoughts also. Happy days, and great being a valiant right now.

Lets hope we continue this form for another good few months.

Advert

Neal for that save at 1 nil deserves the MOM. Great afternoon took the wife for the 1st time in a long time she really enjoyed it ( well the 2nd half)

Spoke to Lofty on the way out, good news should be back in contention next Saturday, Morsy back Tuesday, Burge back in the next week or so... McCombe seemed to struggle all game with a hamstring...

Great performance from all the lads, macca very solid yet again! Tom pope is ****ing awesome!

Brilliant again against a decent side. Thought neal, McDonald, Myrie Williams and pope were all outstanding. Best I've seen McDonald personally and pope didnt put a foot wrong.

Neal 8

Duffy 7

McCombe 7

McDonald 8

Taylor 6

Vincent 6/7

Shuker 6

Murphy 6

Myrie Williams 9

Dodds 7

Pope 10

Subs:

Williamson 8

Lloyd 7

James 7

Thought all the subs did excellent, especially Williamson thought we deserved 3 points and are odds on to go up.

A tad harsh I feel; he was there to get a result for his team who were playing a team bang in form...... sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do, I am sure if Wycombe had gone back with a point, he would have been chuffed.

No not harsh. Were you at the game. Blatant handball as vincent's shot was on target, blatantly took out player for penalty that want given then went down faking injury. Blatant dive for their penealty. mccombes booking was a farce and their player got him booked. Kicking ball away. faked injuries first minute of 2nd half.

Yes cheats...worst team since stevenage as previus poster states.

Ainsworth is a disgrace to condone all that rubbish. Horrible side who got what they deserved!

was a gret performnce no doubt about that, I think that the sending off could possibly have been straight red, was of course helped by Neale who had a cheeky look up to see what was happening then put his head back down again in pain lol.

Did nearly have a heart attack when micky bought on lloyd and left 3 at the back and even 2 when talor advanced. new side of MA proper going for the jugular!

Was it me or did here player standing in front of Shuker taking corners help him more that hinder? It meant that intead of hitting their first defender he had to put a ball in.

Strange but wholly entertaining game which could have gone badly wrong had Neale not made that fantastic save!!

The ref was the star of the show first half but our fantastic spirit came through in the end...we would have lost that game last season for sure!

Did nearly have a heart attack when micky bought on lloyd and left 3 at the back and even 2 when talor advanced. new side of MA proper going for the in.

Must have missed that one. Duffy, Big Mac (fantastic today) Boom and RT at the back all the way through. I think Rob Taylor is getting better each game.

Shocking Ref for both sides. I've seen better ref performance in mini soccer!!!

I thought we were not up to our usual high standard today. Missed Morsy and Burge. I thought James did well when he came on. He raised the tempo as he moved the ball quickly which was needed against 10 men. In fact all the subs played their part today.

Pope was fantastic.

Neal is class. Great keeper.

Archived