onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Post match comments Vale 4 Wycombe 1

geosname

Only my 2nd game of the season, the first being Gillingham (although I saw the Oxford game on TV).

Thought we were excellent in the 2nd half, and did well to keep our composure in the 1st despite the referee.

Outstanding performances for me were Neale and Shuker, and honourable mention to Dodds.

As for Pope, I can't add anything that hasn't already been said - magnificent!

Advert

And to think that it was'nt all that long ago that there were people on here who did'nt want MA back, they were cursing when Richards left and moaning that Pope was staying!

I think that all will now agree that MA has performed miracles given the off - field problems and everybody in the country (not just us Vale fans)are sitting up and taking notice, We are making headlines for all the right reasons.

It is my belief that as far as promotion is concerned, we are the real deal. I won't get carried away and I remember how poor we were against the League leaders not so long ago. The only poeople who I think could stop us from going up is............ ourselves.

Well done to all the lads, it's nice to be a Vale fan.:clap:

chris neal man of the match? what had the sponsers been drinking?? hahaha

it was given to neal because of the save he made when we were one nil down ,, a great shot that was in all the way ,, at two nil down it would have been a lot harder .

well done vale !!!

referee was a complete numpty

walked into lorne street and coming in with a press pass was Bill from BBC breakfast TV. Had heard him say on TV he was a Wycombe fan. Nice guy spoke to me saying they had turned the corner and were a much better side than 3 weeks ago. Told him we had turned the corner too. Told him to watch the reception we gave their manager as Gareth Ainsworth was a Vale legend. Said hoped he enjoyed the match but not too much. Good to see TV people support, and go and watch lower league teams

it was given to neal because of the save he made when we were one nil down ,, a great shot that was in all the way ,, at two nil down it would have been a lot harder .

Micky in his post match interview praised Neale for the save because as you said, from 2-0 they would have gained confidence and our heads would have started to drop.

One could (if one was being a bit synical) say he was also pivotal in getting them down to 10-men which obviously benefited us. I personally would not agree with this because I thought they were dreadful, synical ***** who in the end got what they deserved.

Gareth Ainsworth was a great player for us but today he should be ashamed of himself for sending out a team of time-wasting, play acting cheats. They were ably assisted and encouraged to do so by one of the worst refereeing performances seen at Vale Park/

Bow your head in shame for sending that bunch out Gareth. You won't be getting any more applause from me.

Well done to vale for keeping your discipline and inflicting a drubbing.

Gareth Ainsworth was a great player for us but today he should be ashamed of himself for sending out a team of time-wasting, play acting cheats. They were ably assisted and encouraged to do so by one of the worst refereeing performances seen at Vale Park/

Bow your head in shame for sending that bunch out Gareth. You won't be getting any more applause from me.

A tad harsh I feel; he was there to get a result for his team who were playing a team bang in form...... sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do, I am sure if Wycombe had gone back with a point, he would have been chuffed.

If anyone had told me at the start of the season that after 13 games we'd have 29 points averaging 2.5 goals per game with Pope top league scorer with more than a goal a game and in the third round of the paint pot after beating two league 1 clubs (including Walsall) - I'd have assumed they were on drugs.

You should go on their site as they are slagging us off as rugby league players :laugh:Sour grapes comes to mind:yes:

Archived