onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Post match comments Vale 4 Wycombe 1

geosname

If it was Dave and that is what he said, he was right at the time, and even Micky alluded to it, we werent at the races first half and even second half we strolled through it. We were leggy and did look tired but we didnt train Tuesday and also Wednesday wa their day off so we only trained Thurs/Fri.

Now before people jump down my throat I want to put this to you. Barring the spell at Sheff Utd we have had Micky Adams now for three years approx. BUt in all that time we havent been playing football like we are playing now. Yes we have two good wingers but even with those the type of football we are producing at times is electric, but is it down to Micky? I think Mr Rob Page is being done a disservice here, because weve only been playing this type of football since he has been here. Dont get me wrong I like MA, but I dont think its solely down to him.

Advert

overall I dont think we played that bad considering how bad the officials were plus the time wasting and cheating wycombe did, But my only criticism is and this is only my opinion Taylor shouldn't be played i think he looks alot slower now and he struggles to defend, we have a player on the bench ( Yates) who is a defender and can defend well on his day but also isnt afraid to take the ball up the wing, Taylor doesnt even do that anymore on saturday there wasnt many times where he made runs up the wing , If Taylor had half a brain he would be a good footballer but im sorry at times he is clueless

Excellent 2nd goal from Pope, one of the best headers I've seen in a while. A classic centre forwards goal. That alone was worth the admission fee!

As well as the Pope I thought Duffy, McDonald and Shuker were excellent. Murphy did well too on his debut.

Well done to Williamson too, great to see him tuck that one away will do a lot for his confidence!

Just got back from a great overnighter.

I hear MA has mentioned a fan not being happy with him during the match.

This is absolutely not true as I am very happy with MA.

When we were 2-1 up with about 10 minutes to go I felt that the lads had stopped pushing for a third. In my opinion - which I am entitled to have at a football match - this was not a wise move as they still possessed a danger going forward, so I invited MA to have a word with the lads to get them to raise their game again - which we did and made the game safe.

Perhaps MA got angry because he too was aware that we were not as comfortable at the time as we should have been.

So that's it - for those dragging up the Blue Sky etc again its water off a ducks back.

When we were 2-1 up with about 10 minutes to go I felt that the lads had stopped pushing for a third. In my opinion - which I am entitled to have at a football match - this was not a wise move as they still possessed a danger going forward, so I invited MA to have a word with the lads to get them to raise their game again - which we did and made the game safe.

Perhaps MA got angry because he too was aware that we were not as comfortable at the time as we should have been.

So that's it - for those dragging up the Blue Sky etc again its water off a ducks back.

Dunner worry, Dave. The man who never made a mistake never made anything.

Totally agree with you dave , Also if your a paying customer you have a right to voice your viewsto be honest i love micky to bits but he shouldn't be coming on the radio and talking about fans in my view that's very unprofessional , he gets paid enough and be in the game long enough to let fans opinions ride over his head

Thanks Jean - If in life you make more good decisions than bad then you're doing OK IMHO.

The reason I'm very content with things is that the other people who got off their backsides and did something over the last two years - who during that time had difference of opinions with me on how we needed to move forward to achieve the goal - have subsequently shown the same respect for me as I have to them.

We all worked our socks off to rid the club of V2001 in all its forms and hopefully soon we will all be able to relax in the knowledge we contributed to bringing change for the better to our club.

So arnt fans allowed there opinions and able to voice them, yes we got the win but i was shouting at the players to tell them get a grip and not sit back so am i in the wrong , i also heard a lot more fans around me telling them not sit back at the end of the day micky adams is a manager of a professional football club he should be able to take criticism even people like alex Ferguson have criticism from fans and look what he has achieved.

Disagree 100% it's Adams job to manage the team he dosent need fans shouting out telling him what to do, especially when we looked comfortable. From the moment Wycombe took grant off they had nothing, our players certainly hadn't stopped pushing, what a ridiculous statement that is we'd just come back from 1-0 down played lots off football recently and we have apparently stopped pushing. Brilliant performance from the lads again.

So arnt fans allowed there opinions and able to voice them, yes we got the win but i was shouting at the players to tell them get a grip and not sit back so am i in the wrong , i also heard a lot more fans around me telling them not sit back at the end of the day micky adams is a manager of a professional football club he should be able to take criticism even people like alex Ferguson have criticism from fans and look what he has achieved.

Im all for fans having opinions but i believe its the wrong place wrong time here.

The games are coming thick and fast. Our squad is threadbare. We had come from 1 down to go 2-1 up. You cannot go full throttle for 90 minutes in our situation week in week out. We have been exceptional so far.

Having had the season we have had, i dunna blame Micky for not being impressed. I would have told Dave to **** off as well.

Disagree 100% it's Adams job to manage the team he dosent need fans shouting out telling him what to do, especially when we looked comfortable. From the moment Wycombe took grant off they had nothing, our players certainly hadn't stopped pushing, what a ridiculous statement that is we'd just come back from 1-0 down played lots off football recently and we have apparently stopped pushing. Brilliant performance from the lads again.

in my opinion it was a good win but the score flattered us even micky said it did but to say we looked comfortable is wrong I'm sorry i totally disagree at 2~1 they looked like they could go on to score even with ten men and still had a lot of attacking threat .

Im all for fans having opinions but i believe its the wrong place wrong time here.

The games are coming thick and fast. Our squad is threadbare. We had come from 1 down to go 2-1 up. You cannot go full throttle for 90 minutes in our situation week in week out. We have been exceptional so far.

Having had the season we have had, i dunna blame Micky for not being impressed. I would have told Dave to **** off as well.

But as a manager of a professional football team you cannot do that I'm sorry its so unprofessional , i love micky adams so don't get me wrong I'm not anti adams but i disagree with his reactions, anyways its happened now we got 3 points now lets move on to tuesday and get another 3 points

Did you go and have a word with Adams after Dave:unsure::)

I think we all saw what was happening at 2-1 up but you have to give Wycombe a lot of credit for not sitting back, even at 0-1 and with ten men they still tried to attack and could have gone 2 up but for that marvellous save. We worked our socks off to get back in the game with lads who were clearly not 100% match fit and without the likes of Loft, Morsy and Burge so it was inevitable we'd need a breather and to be careful we didn't get caught out by throwing too many forward, the third goal was a big relief and it was then game over.

Archived