onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer rumours and speculation

Advert

1 hour ago, MBE said:

I’d prefer Micheal Smith on the end of crosses from Jack Shorrock and James Plant.

To be fair it is no big secret that Michael Smith was at Vale Park deadline day until late wasnt he? and it fell through due to Wednesday not getting their target, suppose we dont know if that was a loan or permanent.

Would of stayed up had we signed him IMO.

2 hours ago, werstayinup said:

I did say we could target a national league striker as well as an experienced League striker,there are plenty of league teams watching national league players... in fact in January a championship side signed Tolaj's strike partner

We definitely should be targeting the National League where you will find players like Paul McCallum at Eastleigh (30 goals this season), Nicke Kabamba (Barnet, 24 goals) and Mani Dieseruvwe (Harlepool, 23 goals).

If you drop one tier lower, you find strikers like Paul Blackett (South Shields 29 goals) and Ollie Pearce (Worthing, 40 goals).

Several of these are on the short list for the NGA (ie non-league) Golden Boot award where there are also several other prolific goalscorers plying their trade in the lower reaches.

Admittedly, not all or even any of these would make it in the EFL but I wonder how much attention we are paying to these players. Peterborough and one or two others seem to make a fine living out of it - and with the shoddy fare we've had to put up with in recent seasons, it might not be a bad idea to give them a look over.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, CambridgeDon said:

We definitely should be targeting the National League where you will find players like Paul McCallum at Eastleigh (30 goals this season), Nicke Kabamba (Barnet, 24 goals) and Mani Dieseruvwe (Harlepool, 23 goals).

If you drop one tier lower, you find strikers like Paul Blackett (South Shields 29 goals) and Ollie Pearce (Worthing, 40 goals).

Several of these are on the short list for the NGA (ie non-league) Golden Boot award where there are also several other prolific goalscorers plying their trade in the lower reaches.

Admittedly, not all or even any of these would make it in the EFL but I wonder how much attention we are paying to these players. Peterborough and one or two others seem to make a fine living out of it - and with the shoddy fare we've had to put up with in recent seasons, it might not be a bad idea to give them a look over.

I think if Vale target any non league player it will be a young one they have  a chance of selling on at a later date

I cant see us having any interest in McCallum(30) or Kabamba(31) because of their age,same with Dieseruvwe(29 and had 300 clubs),I personally think if we sign a striker of that age it will be one who has been playing League football.

I mentioned Tolaj(22) at Aldershot and Conn-Clark attacking midfielder at Altrincham(22) I think those are the ages we would target from a lower league

Edited by werstayinup
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, Wrex said:

Meanwhile, Barnsley sack their manager whilst in the play-offs with one game left to play of the season

Form 1 D 4L with Blackpool hovering with 4 wins on the trot 2pts behind, as well as Oxford 1 pt behind. Bolton or Posh in the Semis. Not much chance of promotion.

I watched Stafford Rangers play Ashton United on Saturday. Ashton had Sean Newton in defence, he is 35 and played 77 games for Lincoln 10 years ago before returning to non league. He looked like he was in a different league to everyone else on the pitch. Non league may have some young gems but they are few and far between.

1 minute ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I watched Stafford Rangers play Ashton United on Saturday. Ashton had Sean Newton in defence, he is 35 and played 77 games for Lincoln 10 years ago before returning to non league. He looked like he was in a different league to everyone else on the pitch. Non league may have some young gems but they are few and far between.

Watching the FA Cup yesterday, and comparing the football on show to what Vale have served up this season - it's genuinely a completely different <ovf censored> game. Man Utd would have hit double figures against this Vale side. With ease.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Exeter got Millenic Alli from Halifax in the window and he scored twice against us. There are good strikers in the National League. 

But that is no surprise anyone can score against us most of the time due to our ever giving defence and midfield.  🤣.

Agree there are little gems in the non-league, but you just have to have the network to find them.  Did Fraudcroft even consider those leagues.

Edited by PVFC764