onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Northampton (A) match thread - 1st April

robf

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

Just feel the fact Cheltenham have a game in hand plus Carlisle and Burton to play makes the great escape highly unlikely. 

Burton Vale Fleetwood Carlisle. 

Today hasn't defined the season but Shrewsbury and Cheltenham doing the double over us and the 2-2 v Fleetwood certainly has.

Correct. They were huge games that we came out on the wrong side of. We deserve to be relegated. 

Edited by ValeForever.

Advert

Played quite well until they scored against the run of play, then we were pretty naff. Can’t get my head round the substitutions, taking Chislett off who’d had more goal attempts than anyone on the pitch. Brings a defensive midfielder on for one of our strikers with 17 minutes to go when 1-0 down. It’s like Moore was resting our players.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, onestepatatime said:

Absolutely classic Vale....up one moment, down the next. Today we had a great chance to cement things, but hey, we blow it. When we analyse the season end, however we end up, be honest we are not good enough. If we manage the miracle all we can say is that there are some crap teams in this division, us included.

Agreed, and even if we are not good enough, it's the fact that a not good enough team like us might be able to survive (and so just about be good enough, when we look at the table on the last day!) that gives me hope.  It's become a fight with us, Cheltenham and Burton - I think Cambridge have stretched away from us now.  But having been in a relegation scrap for two seasons on the bounce since promotion has done nothing for my blood pressure, and if we do by some miracle survive, it's a chance for Darren Moore to take stock and sort this team out.  I wish him well in the endeavour whichever division we are in next season - he's going to need a bit of spending cash.

Shot ourselves in the foot today.

A point would've been brilliant for confidence, gained on Cheltenham and Burton and just kept the run of picking points up going.

They were nothing, think going a goal down killed us.

Cambridge look like they've pulled away and I can just see Cheltenham winning that game in hand to make the last day a virtual formality.

We're still in it...just, but we've done ourselves no favours today.

• Like 1

Why did we go away from the basics of clearing the ball and playing the %’s?

Pissed around with the ball at the back with pointless possession, no tempo or urgency, pedestrian passing, clueless in the final 3rd, wasteful in front of goal and gave the easiest goals away. Basically we revert back to Crosby style.

Disappointing to say the least. Not one player can hold their head up today with that performance. It’s as if some of them think they are good players all of a sudden because they won a game.

Darren, Please remind them why the team successful in the previous 2 games and what got them  in the bottom 4.

Connor, Stay in your box!

• Like 5

Not that it would have that great of a shock to go there and win today based on their league position but we just don't do shock wins. So, so predictable. Ponderous football with no flair and a mistake in us every game. Forward line that statistically must be the worst in all 4 divisions. I'm writing off the Bolton and Peterborough games so need 10 points as a minimum. It's not happening folks

Sent from my XQ-CC54 using onevalefan mobile app

8 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

The only positive I can take from today’s result is that we’re not in a worse position than we were before kick off. Opportunity missed.? Definitely 

We are in a way as it's one less game 

For my part I think they were only marginally better than the Gas today and we did t have the same approach we had last week. 

Also, if the game had been at Vale Park, I think we'd have won that. 

Onwards and upwards to next week 

• Like 1

Disappointing to say the least.

Showed up all our weak points in case we'd forgotten what they were after the last few games.

Moore knows what is required, so I hope he can turn it around for the next game, as we can't afford to drop any more like this. We certainly can't rely on others to be worse...

1 minute ago, darren1810 said:

Big ask. 6 worse goal difference too at the moment.  

Charlton and Wycombe are decent home games for them. 

True but doable. 

Personally I would prefer they don’t get dragged back into it so that final game they have nothing to play for.