onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Leyton Orient (A) match thread - March 12th

4 minutes ago, man in the pub said:

If we accept we are down , and most do, should we be giving the young lads more game time ?  Better to get them League 2 ready , at least they will play for the shirt.

I said after one of the games last month, we should be playing the kids as they won't do any worse and we are already down.  For me, they are miles away from being football league ready and I include league 2 ready next year.  The likes of Shorrock, Dippepa, Lomax need to be going out on loan to the National League North early next season and then hopefully come back ready.  The only one I could see that might be ready is Walters but maybe he doesn't want to be here anyway.

Advert

35 minutes ago, Wrex said:

Smith has more league goals but Loft has played 27 games for Vale

Ah you're right my bad, I forgotten he'd played 3 games for Rovers before signing.

Edited by Doha
  • Thanks 1

You are right,forget we paid a fee for him you couldn't give him away. No scout who came to watch him would go anywhere near him unless you are looking along way down the football pyramid, think Hanley Town.. Only hope is if  another club has a process that's as useless as ours.
Please don't palm him off to Hanley town. I like to watch them when I can. Please give me some respite!

Sent from my CPH2195 using onevalefan mobile app

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Oh well. Where do we even start .

Ripley

Lomax Lopata Yak Shorrock 

Ojo Garrity Plant

Mighten Wilson Chislett 

Yes it's unbalanced but I can't pick some because they are so poor.

3-0 Orient. 181 superb hardy Valiants. 

People blaming DM for the not doing the new manager bounce.  How could he with this rubbish put together by fraudcroft and the recruitment team.  Not even god would get a reaction from them.  He is trying to get something from them, but most of them are not capable at this level.

Bring the youngsters through and give them a chance to play, as we all know we are down, so no pressure on them.  We may even win - stranger things happen.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Jeffporthill said:

2-1 Vale.  They`ve got to win sooner or later!   haven't they.

Not with this bunch of phenomenal players put together by fraudcroft and team.  A cattle prod would be hard pushed to get a reaction from some of them.

There again put the youngsters in and let them show what they can do.  There are some great players from what fans have seen.  We know we are down, so get them experience at this level and allow them to get game time.

• Like 1

I've just looked at the line-up that won 2-3 at The Valley on 19th August; one of the results in the unbeaten run which was to take you to second place by 16th September. I compared the team and substitutes that day to those who were beaten by Shrewsbury Town on Saturday.

I expected there to be wholesale changes from the Charlton match with players injured or having left in January. I was very surprised to see the same players who did so well back in the summer all in the squad this weekend, with the exception of Arblaster.

So the appalling run that you're on is mystifying, particularly the lack of any improvement when Moore arrived. Win tomorrow?

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, ROKERITE said:

I've just looked at the line-up that won 2-3 at The Valley on 19th August; one of the results in the unbeaten run which was to take you to second place by 16th September. I compared the team and substitutes that day to those who were beaten by Shrewsbury Town on Saturday.

I expected there to be wholesale changes from the Charlton match with players injured or having left in January. I was very surprised to see the same players who did so well back in the summer all in the squad this weekend, with the exception of Arblaster.

So the appalling run that you're on is mystifying, particularly the lack of any improvement when Moore arrived. Win tomorrow?

Highly unlikely mate . Devoid of any semblance of confidence. 

Be amazed if win again this season. 

To be fair our early season run had lots of luck. Oxford finished with 9 men. Charlton couldn't defend as badly again if they tried. 

We all got a bit carried away.

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, ROKERITE said:

I went to have a look and yes, the lineup aside from Arblaster could be the same this week. 

Most telling for me was the Blackpool 29th December game, our last win. We totally dominated. Never looked like conceding and it could have been 4 or 5. Nobody who left that evening could have ever said we would not win again. Only guys who we had who are not available are Devine and Uche. 

• Like 2

Why is  it the back room staff  fault ITS the players them selves they DON'T want to play for the vale but are willing to pick up a wage packet each month they know that all they have to do is turn up to get payed they don't have to win games whats the huddle for on the  kick off right lads you know what to do give the ball away  and lose the game they can't sack us. they have been playing the game long time so  how  to play. 

10 hours ago, Doha said:

Ah you're right my bad, I forgotten he'd played 3 games for Rovers before signing.

It’s very interesting as I know a number of Bristol rovers fans and they couldn’t believe anybody bought him and they replying with an ex Derby player and loft has scored one goal and done nothing else and how has such an awful player got such a long contract and we can’t get rid of him due to his contract and who would buy him..likewise with the dreadful Jones and at least the similarly awful Massey will leave soon

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

I went to have a look and yes, the lineup aside from Arblaster could be the same this week. 

Most telling for me was the Blackpool 29th December game, our last win. We totally dominated. Never looked like conceding and it could have been 4 or 5. Nobody who left that evening could have ever said we would not win again. Only guys who we had who are not available are Devine and Uche. 

Happened in 2017/18, we smashed Luton 4-0 December 29th or 30th didn't win again until Good Friday! (30th March). We'd won 4 and drew 1 in 5 leading up to that run).

I genuinely believe losing Uche has killed us, he isn't a goal machine but he held the ball up at times and caused problems and gave us physicality. We were creating hatfuls in games in December with him in the side, no surprise Chislett, Garrity and Wilson produced the goods playing with him (and Massey).

• Like 7

12 hours ago, man in the pub said:

You are right,forget we paid a fee for him you couldn't give him away. No scout who came to watch him would go anywhere near him unless you are looking along way down the football pyramid, think Hanley Town.. Only hope is if  another club has a process that's as useless as ours.

MITP, I hope not I was thinking of taking in some games next season at the Toon

• Like 2

• robf changed the title to Leyton Orient (A) match thread - March 12th
  • robf featured this topic