onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Reading (H) match thread Sat Aug 12th

Osh

Advert

6 minutes ago, Wrex said:

I think someone may have mentioned that we were a bit passive in the first half 

I didn't go yesterday. Just watched the commentary and stats on the Sky App. I think it was difficult to know how good Reading are and being cautious was possibly a good approach. Of course giving a pen away is careless and not cautious. 

26 minutes ago, Warren said:

I didn't go yesterday. Just watched the commentary and stats on the Sky App. I think it was difficult to know how good Reading are and being cautious was possibly a good approach. Of course giving a pen away is careless and not cautious. 

The Replay on iFollow is interesting with the commentary by Berkshire radio, started off as a formality after their 4-0 at Millwall then outplayed by Port Vale, worst defeat in 2 years. 

4 hours ago, Mellor! said:

Screenshot_20230813_132657_Facebook.thumb.jpg.2884662e6f0704d5722b7d00cbfd81e4.jpg

Yak is about a yard behind the ball there when it's headed back across. How can the linesman possibly say he's anywhere near offside?! 

Ripley was also a yard off his line for the penalty save though. So, swings and roundabouts...

I can only think the linesman thought a Vale player headed the ball out wide which he clearly did not.

Vale competed well especially in the 2nd half  but good to see the big moments in the game go our way for a change. Ripley did look off his line the moment the ball was kicked for the penalty and Garrity's shot could have gone anywhere but beautifully  and majestically looped into the net.

Couldn't tell definitively from the iFollow highlights about "Yak's "Goal".  Yak looked onside but was it Chislett who headed the ball to Yak who was just the wrong side of the defender and offside. Great finish by Yak though.

Despite a few quality moments with his feet, Vale handled Carroll superbly and nullified his threat but their crosses into the box and thus his supply were woeful.

Looking forward in particular to watch Arblaster, Chislett, Plant and Clarke this season.

It's early days but if Vale can bring in ca 3 quality Lge 1 players we will be fine this season.

Pitch looked good but I guess the real test is still to come.

5 hours ago, DazFred said:

I'm fairly sure we were 3-0 down at HT in one game at their place and Tony Tony Naylor scored a hat trick in the 2nd half to earn us a point.

Also I'm sure they did the double over us one season when we got promoted to the Championship back in the day.

Anyhow,they've slipped a long way. Ask some of the ex Championship clubs how long it takes to get back up. You're in a particular division for a reason

Reading didn’t do the double over us when we last won promotion to the second tier as I remember it vividly - they inflicted our only home defeat of the season 4-0 but we got revenge later in the season winning at their place. I think Stuart Talbot scored one of our goals that day.

57 minutes ago, soothsayer said:

Reading didn’t do the double over us when we last won promotion to the second tier as I remember it vividly - they inflicted our only home defeat of the season 4-0 but we got revenge later in the season winning at their place. I think Stuart Talbot scored one of our goals that day.

Kent and Foyle that game, Talbot was the 3 - 3 match

4 hours ago, maccapvfc said:

Did I expect us to come out guns blazing, no, I expected us to be in a low block and to try and counter. We lost the previous league game 7-0 to last seasons play off final runners up. We then played a team recently relegated from the Championship who had been there for a long time. So I wasn’t surprised that we were cautious in our approach - it makes perfect sense to do so. Yes it meant we had very little of the ball but then that allowed us to change this up and start playing more, after we’d pretty much handled them well the first half. 

So why don’t you give YOUR head a wobble, pathetic! 

spot on, we limited Reading to 1 shot on target all game & that was a penalty! Cant have been that bad 😂

12 minutes ago, Vale 1971 said:

Less than say 2 years ago Reading were smashing 4  in at Blackburn opening awayday so for us limit them to a penalty and a cross what hit the bar well it speaks for itself really .

Sick of Reading Readings fan comments on twitter especially the ones who going on about its there worst defeat in 20 years etc noticed one of them calling us Port Fail etc deary me yes we lost at Barnsley but our support didn't go slating the team who beat us ,and having a pop at us a small but getting bigger progressive club who on the day deserved win and did win .

Bring on Blackpool where I'm.sure the Vale end will be well attended. 

Second half performance for both halfs on tues and I see us getting a result there .

Well hope so .

Maybe freshen it up a tad but not too much as all players gave a good account of themselves yesterday the challenge is consistency. 

UTV 

Wouldn't worry about them mate. Reading are an absolute nothing club. My lard mate was delighted they went down. 600 to 900 to Stoke every season. Zero atmosphere or passion from them. A bore of a club. 

Ignore them. 

Archived