onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Reading (H) match thread Sat Aug 12th

Osh

Advert

28 minutes ago, Quebec_Valiant said:

I enjoyed the game yesterday, but I'm interested to know if it seemed a bit strange with Vale fans in the Hamil?  It seems as though we are still planning on playing to the Bycars in the 2nd half.  I always thought that was because we wanted to play to the home end in the 2nd half.  Apparently there must be another reason.

Also looking through the vlogs I noticed this one from Reading.  It was filmed from close to where I used to sit in the Bycars, so that seemed a little strange too.

7:20 really shows what a daft foul it was for the pen. Nowhere near the ball.

If that mental lobbed backpass went in second half these post match comments would read very differently. The sooner Balmer is fit the better.

Not read the other comments, but a fantastic result.

We let them pass it around and made their wobbly back line look competent, before we got a grip of the game. Defending in the run up to the penalty was absolutely dire and a big worry as it was early. Well done Rippers, what a legend. We could have had at least 3, Ojo hitting the bar and Willo’s header, a few decent chances for Garrity too. They didn’t have a shot on target and offered nothing at all. An over-hit cross into the box hitting the bar doesn’t count as a chance. Carroll was marked out of the game, Smith was immense. Arblaster ran the show second half and we looked more and more like the better side. Clark was a real asset when he came on too, and Massey was in his element. Defending still needs to improve, as they were totally toothless and had nothing going forward, but we still let them give us some worry. Sang at RB, hmmm I don’t know. 

1 hour ago, Santa said:

The return game earlier that season at Vale took place between Christmas and New Year, a couple of days after the abandonment at Turf Moor. We lost 2-0 and it was the single worst refereeing performance I think I’ve ever seen.

That game at Burnley was heartbreaking. I remember us being in the lead with two rockets from both Martin Foyle & Mark Burke and then it was abandoned

3 minutes ago, 1 said:

Not read the other comments, but a fantastic result.

We let them pass it around and made their wobbly back line look competent, before we got a grip of the game. Defending in the run up to the penalty was absolutely dire and a big worry as it was early. Well done Rippers, what a legend. We could have had at least 3, Ojo hitting the bar and Willo’s header, a few decent chances for Garrity too. They didn’t have a shot on target and offered nothing at all. An over-hit cross into the box hitting the bar doesn’t count as a chance. Carroll was marked out of the game, Smith was immense. Arblaster ran the show second half and we looked more and more like the better side. Clark was a real asset when he came on too, and Massey was in his element. Defending still needs to improve, as they were totally toothless and had nothing going forward, but we still let them give us some worry. Sang at RB, hmmm I don’t know. 

if you are not reading the other comments, I'm not reading yours

My view of the game is that we started off cautiously ( not crap ). The penalty save gave us a lift and we gradually got more into the game. I don't think they posed us any threat up front especially as Carroll was trapped in Smiths back pocket. We started to get shots in and that disgraceful decision to disallow big Yaks fine finish. 2nd half was a joy with some great passing and attacking intent. Their goal led a charmed life at times. Some good performances from the youngsters, and Mitch Clark looks like he has resurrected as Gibbo's clone. For me Smith was MOTM with Arblaster and Garritty close behind. Ripley other than the penalty had nothing to do but I'm glad we have him. Sorry to be so positive but i can't help it.

Spent a lot taking the family to the game yesterday, at half time felt like asking for my money back by full time would have been happy to pay double what it cost me (and all the family loved it). How can you explain the difference between the two half’s, the last 25 mins was pure scintillating stuff.  The team with 2or3 new quality players. would do some damage in this league for sure. Speculate to accumulate, go on carol take the risk !!!!! UTV 

1 hour ago, Quebec_Valiant said:

I enjoyed the game yesterday, but I'm interested to know if it seemed a bit strange with Vale fans in the Hamil?  It seems as though we are still planning on playing to the Bycars in the 2nd half.  I always thought that was because we wanted to play to the home end in the 2nd half.  Apparently there must be another reason.

Also looking through the vlogs I noticed this one from Reading.  It was filmed from close to where I used to sit in the Bycars, so that seemed a little strange too.

Reading came out and came towards the Hamil vale players told them go to the Bycars they then switched after the toss up so can only assume reading swopped ends 

1 hour ago, Quebec_Valiant said:

They switched ends

Have to be honest, i wasnt expecting that from a team that had just lost 7-0. Despite the goals let in, it now seems we actually have a keeper who makes saves. A clean sheet is just as pleasing as the win after letting in 9 goals in two games. I was concerned that arblaster was a little small when i saw him, but he was just what we have needed for a long time, someone who makes things tick in the middle of the park. Only down side is I dont think we will have a chance of keeping him. The same goes for Thomas. A new dimension we havent had for a while, who plays just on the shoulder of his defender and with his speed and running gave them hell. Harrison is down the pecking order now, and probably leaving by all accounts, and it seems we shouldnt be too disapointed in that. I thought sang looked to have a great cross and Clarke looked great. and plant had a great cameo. He’s really played himself into contention for the first team. My boy concern was I expected good things from grant and he looked off the pace and a little unfit. We definately need 3-4 new faces, especially if Harrison leaves. Two strikers, and back up for wingbacks at least. 

1 hour ago, mbycars said:

If there was VAR then big Yaks goal would have stood

No no no no no and no

I don't want any uckin VAR ruining our games. 

VAR is not definitive anyway its often an 'interpretation of the rules' 

Just accept its the officials instant decisions. Luck evens itself out over a season.

Archived