onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Player of the Year 2022/23

ollyandpatch

Would give it to Smith, as he has been consistent and if he had got injured we would have been knackered. Harrison is a worthy second though, as without his goals we also would have been knackered. Hopefully they are both on the books next season and we can get in better players around them. 

Advert

13 minutes ago, valiant steve said:

Woz by a mile for me. Consistent performances week in, week out, and the necessary League 1 quality, work rate, vision, plenty of assists, despite being played out of position for much of the season, as well as a few goals. Fantastic in the air for a smaller player. 

Then Smith 2nd and Harrison 3rd.

Woz is sheer class, I hope we scrap wing backs and play with wingers next season. His delivery, energy & work rate is top notch. 

10 hours ago, Rory said:
10 hours ago, CAVALIER said:
Is there a bit of a do at the end of the season?

Maybe they've decided not to this year to reduce the risk of even more sex happening.

Can you expand more on this rumour pleas?

My vote is for Smith  then worrall 2nd

My vote is for Smith with Worrall and Harrison a very close second.

Smith has been so consistent, so dependable and some of his tackling/defending has been brilliant. It's unbelievable how much Ellis Harrison is clattered during a game and despite this has scored goals and Wozza is just Wozza, great pro for Vale and great season yet again.

Not many candidates in fairness .
Worrall decent play generally great endeavour great professionalism but I just felt there was something missing .
Garrity till he got injured putting a shift in every game out of position mostly soon it was apparent how much work he actually did as games when he was , out conceded more etc and generally we weren't as good in my opinion.
Jones was also excelling a lot till Shrewsbury injury .
Harrison would have been mine but that injury as put him in second place .
So it's Smith he as played the majority of the games still feel we need better than him though moving forwards but do not begrudge him his player of the season and his new 2 year contract extension.

Good man VFIA, you've seen the light

2 hours ago, Vale 1971 said:

Not many candidates in fairness .
Worrall decent play generally great endeavour great professionalism but I just felt there was something missing .
Garrity till he got injured putting a shift in every game out of position mostly soon it was apparent how much work he actually did as games when he was , out conceded more etc and generally we weren't as good in my opinion.
Jones was also excelling a lot till Shrewsbury injury .
Harrison would have been mine but that injury as put him in second place .
So it's Smith he as played the majority of the games still feel we need better than him though moving forwards but do not begrudge him his player of the season and his new 2 year contract extension.

Not many candidates yet people on here do not want to see wholesale changes

On 25/04/2023 at 17:06, Vale 1971 said:

It’s Smith as he’s been the most consistent, not because he’s played more games. 

Archived