onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Player of the Year 2022/23

ollyandpatch

Smith or Worrall. Stevens last. 

But where we are as a club is revealed by above.

Smith and Worrall have played a lot of games rather than them being so exceptional we can't replace them. 

Stevens is one of the worst signings ever made and all three were part of a shaky defence. 

Everyone including player of the season needs to improve in 2023/24. A big improvement easily achieved is to release Stevens who is non league standard. 

Advert

50 minutes ago, Warren said:

Smith or Worrall. Stevens last. 

But where we are as a club is revealed by above.

Smith and Worrall have played a lot of games rather than them being so exceptional we can't replace them. 

Stevens is one of the worst signings ever made and all three were part of a shaky defence. 

Everyone including player of the season needs to improve in 2023/24. A big improvement easily achieved is to release Stevens who is non league standard. 

Way over the top comments on Stevens, he doesn’t even touch the sides on worst signings we’ve made. He’s not ours to release anyway as he is on loan so will just go back to Oxford.

On 23/04/2023 at 14:26, Valiant62 said:

Harrison all day long for me. Garrity maybe for unappreciated team player effort. Smith came into his own in the new  year but was average in comparison to others when we were good. Worrall might have a case but Harrison has been outstanding in both boxes for me.

I am going to be sarcastic and unfair re Smith who is one of my two candidates. But. "Smith came into his own in the New Year" - when we started losing consistently and plummeted down the league table picking up last week just in time avoid relegation. 

I was watching Man City v Arsenal last night. Unfortunately Arsenal have been stripped of a key defender and have to play Holding there. It's going to cost them the title. I speculated how long it would be before Holding made his usual big mistake. Well despite all the coaching, it came after 6 minutes. Got too close to Haaland when the ball was played into his feet in midfield with back to goal - as usual got spun and the whole Arsenal defence is stuffed. 1-0 to City. So the relevance of this is that Smith does this all the time and gets away with it often at L1. But it's one reason why he will not be able to play at a higher level. 

4 hours ago, Powerline said:

Other clubs already announcing their player of the season. We haven’t even mentioned the voting yet. Has the club forgot about it or something?

Former Vale loanee McGoldrick won Derby's award

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/04/2023 at 23:16, Tapper said:

Can you expand more on this rumour pleas?

My vote is for Smith  then worrall 2nd

See Just as I thought. Saying things to make you sound like you are in the Know, but then don't have the stones to say what you are on about!

On 27/04/2023 at 11:32, Guppys left peg said:

Way over the top comments on Stevens, he doesn’t even touch the sides on worst signings we’ve made. He’s not ours to release anyway as he is on loan so will just go back to Oxford.

Agreed. Some of his games when he first arrived made me think we would not see AS again, barring injury.

On 23/04/2023 at 21:34, Brian said:

Tom Pett. Never let his standards drop, even in the depths of the shocking run.

His performance at Lincoln was outstanding among the chaos

Ironic how things turn out!

Archived