onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Accrington Stanley v Port Vale

Fosse69

11 hours ago, philpvfc said:

I had this debate months ago with the majority disagreeing with me, wonder what the consensus is now.

Funny thing is that the vast majority of fans on here said those players weren't good enough for L1 and we needed better. 

Funny game eh

Advert

28 minutes ago, ramsgate valiant said:

The last time I remember a player/crowd problem was at a south east ground (forget which one) with Leon Constantine & some people in the stand.I think that Leon,s family were there backing him up & it could have got ugly but then calmed down.

Leyton orient I think. Another player who got dogs abuse and accused of being lazy even when he had scored 20 goals before Christmas 

46 minutes ago, Vale 1971 said:

What's so stupid about it .
Get s grip man we sliding back into oblivion known as league 2 .
He wants sacking it's as simple as that.
He has run his course .
The performance levels tell me differently once you lose the changing room it's the end

'League 2' isn't oblivion. Oblivion is running out of money and going bust, plenty of teams our size have done that over the years

2 hours ago, ramsgate valiant said:

The last time I remember a player/crowd problem was at a south east ground (forget which one) with Leon Constantine & some people in the stand.I think that Leon,s family were there backing him up & it could have got ugly but then calmed down.

I was sat 10 feet away, the pitch is quite a long way from us and I didn’t even here anyone hurling any abuse, it was so strange, Leon just casually walked up the stand to the bloke near to me and started having a go, the guy looked bemused.

1 hour ago, NorthwoodValiant said:

'League 2' isn't oblivion. Oblivion is running out of money and going bust, plenty of teams our size have done that over the years

You are wasting your breath NV

Evening all.

Think I posted a few weeks/months back that I’d come off various Vale forums on Facebook because of some of the hatred that was being posted.

Well, I was sat in a pub earlier today reading One Vale fan and this thread and I’ve decided I’m going to delete my account on here. 

I am doing that for two reasons.

The first is just me – I just don’t think I’m very good with social media and I find a lot of the comments make me very angry.  When I come away from it and I reflect I just realise that I don’t want or need that in my life, and I can really don’t like the anger that it brings out in me.

The second is that I really don’t like the out and out hatred on here written by some people about the team I love and that I have supported all my life.  The utter outpouring of bile and vitriol really gets to me.  I understand people being upset and disappointed – I really do, but some of the posts on here are utterly ridiculous.  Some times I think we’re as bad as them lot down the D-road; it wasn’t so long ago that they hated the manager/owners/players or all three – now, after just a couple of wins, you’d think they’d overhauled Burnley and several players were in the starting line up for England.  Talk about fickle!

If I was Carol and I read what some people write on here I really wouldn’t want some of the so-called fans on here.

Likewise, if I was one of the players and I read this site I’d really be considering popping in to see DC and asking him to stick me on the transfer list in the morning.  I know a lot on here would say good – lets get rid of them all, BUT they are all we’ve got right now and they wear the shirt.  We need to get behind them and give them our support Likewise, all those slagging off Carol (et el) for not spending enough well I don’t see anyone wanting to go and get their hard earned and put that in the pot.  But for some, whatever Carol does, its never enough.

Carol and Kevin have built a huge, international, profitable business over many years.  I trust them to make the right decisions when it comes to the finances of Port Vale Football Club.

Finally, I know a lot of people on here think I’m a Happy Clapper but I’m not.  Like everyone else, I’ve been disappointed in the recent performances and I know that changes need to be made.  However, I’d like to think my postings are measured, considered and constructive.  I don’t think I’ve made any posts full of bile and hatred.

I always sign off UTV and KTF; I don’t see a lot of ‘uping’ on here and very little faith.

So, its clear to me that I don’t fit in here.  I’ll delete my account and just go the 10-15 games a season I can get to from North Somerset.

I genuinely think we’ll stay up; maybe by our finger tips, but – if we do, then that is mission accomplished this season.  We’ll then see a number of faces leaving mid-season and new ones arriving.  We then have to get through second-season syndrome and try and get a finish further up the league before trying to improve to challenging for the play-offs in the next few years after that.  I believe DC/Carol and Flickers will see us through that.  But that’s just me.

Anyway – that’s enough of my sh!te

Have a good one

UTV

KTF

TTP

24 minutes ago, Osh said:

Evening all.

Think I posted a few weeks/months back that I’d come off various Vale forums on Facebook because of some of the hatred that was being posted.

Well, I was sat in a pub earlier today reading One Vale fan and this thread and I’ve decided I’m going to delete my account on here. 

I am doing that for two reasons.

The first is just me – I just don’t think I’m very good with social media and I find a lot of the comments make me very angry.  When I come away from it and I reflect I just realise that I don’t want or need that in my life, and I can really don’t like the anger that it brings out in me.

The second is that I really don’t like the out and out hatred on here written by some people about the team I love and that I have supported all my life.  The utter outpouring of bile and vitriol really gets to me.  I understand people being upset and disappointed – I really do, but some of the posts on here are utterly ridiculous.  Some times I think we’re as bad as them lot down the D-road; it wasn’t so long ago that they hated the manager/owners/players or all three – now, after just a couple of wins, you’d think they’d overhauled Burnley and several players were in the starting line up for England.  Talk about fickle!

If I was Carol and I read what some people write on here I really wouldn’t want some of the so-called fans on here.

Likewise, if I was one of the players and I read this site I’d really be considering popping in to see DC and asking him to stick me on the transfer list in the morning.  I know a lot on here would say good – lets get rid of them all, BUT they are all we’ve got right now and they wear the shirt.  We need to get behind them and give them our support Likewise, all those slagging off Carol (et el) for not spending enough well I don’t see anyone wanting to go and get their hard earned and put that in the pot.  But for some, whatever Carol does, its never enough.

Carol and Kevin have built a huge, international, profitable business over many years.  I trust them to make the right decisions when it comes to the finances of Port Vale Football Club.

Finally, I know a lot of people on here think I’m a Happy Clapper but I’m not.  Like everyone else, I’ve been disappointed in the recent performances and I know that changes need to be made.  However, I’d like to think my postings are measured, considered and constructive.  I don’t think I’ve made any posts full of bile and hatred.

I always sign off UTV and KTF; I don’t see a lot of ‘uping’ on here and very little faith.

So, its clear to me that I don’t fit in here.  I’ll delete my account and just go the 10-15 games a season I can get to from North Somerset.

I genuinely think we’ll stay up; maybe by our finger tips, but – if we do, then that is mission accomplished this season.  We’ll then see a number of faces leaving mid-season and new ones arriving.  We then have to get through second-season syndrome and try and get a finish further up the league before trying to improve to challenging for the play-offs in the next few years after that.  I believe DC/Carol and Flickers will see us through that.  But that’s just me.

Anyway – that’s enough of my sh!te

Have a good one

UTV

KTF

TTP

I'm pretty tired of he vitriol. In my opinion its one of the reasons why we'll never progress beyond where we are. Lots of clubs have united fanbases that get behind their team through thick and thin.

There's lots of people, in the crowd, on social media and here, that almost seem to revel in us doing badly so they can trot out their "I told you so" attitude. 

We aren't a united fanbase because we have too many people who feel Port Vale FC is entitled to success, and anyone with a shred of realism about where we are, both on the pitch and financially, is decried as a happy clapper.

Under Smurthwaite we were a train wreck, now we have good owners. We've taken a decision to pull our belts in financially, and that might mean we have to plateau on the pitch a bit.

But I'd rather have us do that and build in the long term, than fulfill some people's dream of spending money we haven't got so we can brag about how we're better than Stoke. 

10 hours ago, Granville said:

The ref and his assistants both have a buzzer I think which goes off when the ball goes over the line

That’s only in the Premier League where they have goal line technology. At our level we have to rely on cross-eyed liners. 

1 hour ago, Jacko51 said:

That’s only in the Premier League where they have goal line technology. At our level we have to rely on cross-eyed liners. 

I'm wrong then (I'm a twit!) , but I did hear on the radio they said the ref had an issue with a piece of equipment strapped to his arm, so I assumed that must be something to do with it! 

2 hours ago, Granville said:

I'm pretty tired of he vitriol. In my opinion its one of the reasons why we'll never progress beyond where we are. Lots of clubs have united fanbases that get behind their team through thick and thin.

There's lots of people, in the crowd, on social media and here, that almost seem to revel in us doing badly so they can trot out their "I told you so" attitude. 

We aren't a united fanbase because we have too many people who feel Port Vale FC is entitled to success, and anyone with a shred of realism about where we are, both on the pitch and financially, is decried as a happy clapper.

Under Smurthwaite we were a train wreck, now we have good owners. We've taken a decision to pull our belts in financially, and that might mean we have to plateau on the pitch a bit.

But I'd rather have us do that and build in the long term, than fulfill some people's dream of spending money we haven't got so we can brag about how we're better than Stoke. 

In amongst the angst, I think you’d be hard pushed to find anyone (with any sense) criticising the owners. That doesn’t mean that they or anyone connected with the club shouldn’t be CRITICALLY APPRAISED which some on here just regard as negative. 

7 minutes ago, Granville said:

I'm wrong then (I'm a twit!) , but I did hear on the radio they said the ref had an issue with a piece of equipment strapped to his arm, so I assumed that must be something to do with it! 

Must have been his wristwatch.

Archived