onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Accrington Stanley v Port Vale

Fosse69

I'm wrong then (I'm a twit!) , but I did hear on the radio they said the ref had an issue with a piece of equipment strapped to his arm, so I assumed that must be something to do with it! 
Intercom to the 3 other officials?

Advert

6 hours ago, Granville said:

I'm wrong then (I'm a twit!) , but I did hear on the radio they said the ref had an issue with a piece of equipment strapped to his arm, so I assumed that must be something to do with it! 

The equipment strapped to the arm is used to communicate with the other officials (linesmen and 4th official)

6 hours ago, Biddulph_PV said:

In amongst the angst, I think you’d be hard pushed to find anyone (with any sense) criticising the owners. That doesn’t mean that they or anyone connected with the club shouldn’t be CRITICALLY APPRAISED which some on here just regard as negative. 

Unfortunately if someone questions or criticises something or someone and others disagree then others who disagree seem to take great offence. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and shouldn’t be put off by others from voicing it whether we like or agree with it or not. A forum is there to debate and currently we are going through a bad spell to those criticisms are going to happen more often.

10 hours ago, Osh said:

Evening all.

Think I posted a few weeks/months back that I’d come off various Vale forums on Facebook because of some of the hatred that was being posted.

Well, I was sat in a pub earlier today reading One Vale fan and this thread and I’ve decided I’m going to delete my account on here. 

I am doing that for two reasons.

The first is just me – I just don’t think I’m very good with social media and I find a lot of the comments make me very angry.  When I come away from it and I reflect I just realise that I don’t want or need that in my life, and I can really don’t like the anger that it brings out in me.

The second is that I really don’t like the out and out hatred on here written by some people about the team I love and that I have supported all my life.  The utter outpouring of bile and vitriol really gets to me.  I understand people being upset and disappointed – I really do, but some of the posts on here are utterly ridiculous.  Some times I think we’re as bad as them lot down the D-road; it wasn’t so long ago that they hated the manager/owners/players or all three – now, after just a couple of wins, you’d think they’d overhauled Burnley and several players were in the starting line up for England.  Talk about fickle!

If I was Carol and I read what some people write on here I really wouldn’t want some of the so-called fans on here.

Likewise, if I was one of the players and I read this site I’d really be considering popping in to see DC and asking him to stick me on the transfer list in the morning.  I know a lot on here would say good – lets get rid of them all, BUT they are all we’ve got right now and they wear the shirt.  We need to get behind them and give them our support Likewise, all those slagging off Carol (et el) for not spending enough well I don’t see anyone wanting to go and get their hard earned and put that in the pot.  But for some, whatever Carol does, its never enough.

Carol and Kevin have built a huge, international, profitable business over many years.  I trust them to make the right decisions when it comes to the finances of Port Vale Football Club.

Finally, I know a lot of people on here think I’m a Happy Clapper but I’m not.  Like everyone else, I’ve been disappointed in the recent performances and I know that changes need to be made.  However, I’d like to think my postings are measured, considered and constructive.  I don’t think I’ve made any posts full of bile and hatred.

I always sign off UTV and KTF; I don’t see a lot of ‘uping’ on here and very little faith.

So, its clear to me that I don’t fit in here.  I’ll delete my account and just go the 10-15 games a season I can get to from North Somerset.

I genuinely think we’ll stay up; maybe by our finger tips, but – if we do, then that is mission accomplished this season.  We’ll then see a number of faces leaving mid-season and new ones arriving.  We then have to get through second-season syndrome and try and get a finish further up the league before trying to improve to challenging for the play-offs in the next few years after that.  I believe DC/Carol and Flickers will see us through that.  But that’s just me.

Anyway – that’s enough of my sh!te

Have a good one

UTV

KTF

TTP

Absolutely spot on

Im exactly the same 

I really need delete mine aswell I’ve got rid of Facebook because of it 

I’ve said it before we have had good numbers this season home and away but the booing etc has really spoilt it for me that section of fans will get what they deserve 

1 hour ago, Packmoor_vale said:

Absolutely spot on

Im exactly the same 

I really need delete mine aswell I’ve got rid of Facebook because of it 

I’ve said it before we have had good numbers this season home and away but the booing etc has really spoilt it for me that section of fans will get what they deserve 

Im off for the season now re social media - to all on OVF, stay safe, enjoy the last few games and see you in the bycars 👍👍👍👍

10 hours ago, Granville said:

Could be his pacemaker.

14 hours ago, Granville said:

I'm pretty tired of he vitriol. In my opinion its one of the reasons why we'll never progress beyond where we are. Lots of clubs have united fanbases that get behind their team through thick and thin.

There's lots of people, in the crowd, on social media and here, that almost seem to revel in us doing badly so they can trot out their "I told you so" attitude. 

We aren't a united fanbase because we have too many people who feel Port Vale FC is entitled to success, and anyone with a shred of realism about where we are, both on the pitch and financially, is decried as a happy clapper.

Under Smurthwaite we were a train wreck, now we have good owners. We've taken a decision to pull our belts in financially, and that might mean we have to plateau on the pitch a bit.

But I'd rather have us do that and build in the long term, than fulfill some people's dream of spending money we haven't got so we can brag about how we're better than Stoke. 

No body thinks vale are entitled to success what we do expect is 100% effort from the players and what we got on Friday was no were near that players going through the motions not breaking sweat even on warm sunny day and no I don’t agree with personal abuse directed at players but the fans were right to boo and chant your not fit to wear the shirt at the end of the game what do you think they should do applaud them off    I left the ground with hundreds of others after the third goal but if I had stayed I would have booed them off 

Booing your own players is only good for making your own voice heard. It isn't going to motivate them and will more likely demotivate them more for the next game.  It literally does no good for the team you support at all. 

We do have more morons in our fanbase than most I am sure of that. More than a few ex players from different decades have told me that our fans are like nothing else.

15 minutes ago, WV said:

Booing your own players is only good for making your own voice heard. It isn't going to motivate them and will more likely demotivate them more for the next game.  It literally does no good for the team you support at all. 

We do have more morons in our fanbase than most I am sure of that. More than a few ex players from different decades have told me that our fans are like nothing else.

Fans are.the same throughout the country only a month or so ago Man City were booed off at home when they were losing at half time this a team that spent quite a few seasons in the lower leagues 25 years ago 

On 08/04/2023 at 10:15, Biddulph_PV said:

Well that was a rather depressing result and the top-hat on a rather chastening 3 months where all our chickens have come home to roost. As GNev said in the aftermath of Utd’s mauling at Anfield, Accrington “is always a dangerous fixture” for us, going back to the days of Jimmy Ryan and Bobby Grant running us ragged, the whole Gannon/Exodus thing etc, but there is literally no leadership in the team. Possible exception is Smith, more by deeds rather than words, but the first rule is to make sure players are up for the fight and win - by whatever means - their individual battles. Say what you want about Coleman as an individual, but his teams match his personality - spikey, horrible to play against and really bad losers (in the right sort of way). We don’t have any of this and haven’t for a number of years.

I was widely derided on here last year for saying weren’t a great side and wouldn’t get promoted. We had a decent run eeking out results against poor sides, but came unstuck whether we came up against that bit of guile or craft - think Newport at home, Walsall away and Swindon away. In the latter, a host of missed home chances and a scrambled Wilson goal made the first leg closer than it ought to have been. But then in the home leg we played a team for the first time which, incredibly, was significantly greater than the sum of the individual parts. As evidenced by the demolition job at Wembley against a side I had thought were better than us in both League games. For the first time in a while, we looked strong, technical and quick.

Two transfer windows later and we’re back to watching the same rubbish that has been prevalent across the last 5-6 years. Poor inexperienced goalies incapable of dominating a six yard box; lack of physical presence or pace at the back (our ‘best’ centre back is short, has no pace and has shocking ability on the ball); no craft or guile in midfield and total absence of ball carriers, and upfront missing - dare I say it - a Pope-style talisman ideally with a reasonable level of fitness (I’m not even going there).

We are so tactically rigid it beggars belief. The only ‘identity’ we have is that we play 5-3-2 regardless of personnel and, worryingly, results. When we actually came out and said we are choosing to work with a smaller, supposedly-better quality squad, and then to leave ourselves so hopelessly exposed in key positions and completely unable to change formation, is at best poor management, at worst akin to industrial espionage (I wonder who Stevens and Taylor will be rooting for on Monday and what ‘chitter chatter’ taking place between now and then between them and other Oxford players????).

The fact of the matter is I have enough fingers on both hands (and as I’m from Biddulph rather than Leek or Congie that’s the standard 5 on each 🤣) to count the games I’ve truly enjoyed under Clark. Fortunately, one of these was the Wembley masterclass. 

Can’t criticise Carol. I know I’ve been guilty about some jokey comments about stand switches and scoreboards, but these whilst aesthetic are a necessity. Vale Park is a liability rather than an asset. A new stadium is an absolute must, but won’t happen in my lifetime. Yes people attend to watch good, winning football it’s also the camaraderie and putting going to the match a habit and good experience. The quality of football is cyclical, the passion of true-fans isn’t.

That said, the shambles around the reservation of seats in the Hamil for Bycars S/Ts has cost the club at least two renewals this year.

The fight has gone this year and I fully expect us to go down on the last day whilst watching 4,500 delirious pasty-munchers celebrating promotion. Then begins the rebuild 2.0.

Quality post

1 hour ago, Coyney Valiant said:

Fans are.the same throughout the country only a month or so ago Man City were booed off at home when they were losing at half time this a team that spent quite a few seasons in the lower leagues 25 years ago 

Not according to at least 3 players who played for our club and other clubs. 

7 minutes ago, Vale Ball said:

Makes you wonder how they would go on in front of 30k crowds.

Sent from my SM-A217F using onevalefan mobile app

2 of them played in front of that size crowds and still say our fans were the most abusive and had the least patience. Guess some things never change. 

A lot of that sounds familiar, but I think he's earned enough credit to keep with him.
Although I'm not entirely sure he wants to be here anymore. Something just seems off.
Wouldn't surprise me if he walked in the summer.

It does make you wonder if he was indeed looking to move for the pompy job and the contract/compensation was a no go, with Vale not allowing him to move on (in his eyes anyway) something has caused this decline and it ain’t down to 1 or 2 players leaving in the Jan transfer window

3 hours ago, Coyney Valiant said:

Lardies were snarling and abusing their players at Blackpool about a month or so ago. Right in their faces. Yet they mocking us for doing the same.

Everton fans stopped players cars in the street recently too. Mina and Gordon. 

It's passionate fans going too far.

If I want a rug over my legs eating hummus and couscous I'll go to FGR or Reading. 

Archived