onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Accrington Stanley v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

3 minutes ago, Warren said:

The question I have is whether Funso deliberately got himself sent off? That's different than being reckless. 

Watching it back I have no idea why he slung their guy to the ground which started the melee.  Does make you wonder if he was looking for a way out.  Not clear whether he did headbutt or not, but the liner was looking from a better angle and ref sent him after consulting him 

1 hour ago, Bald Eagle said:

Think they put it in as share capital which is a permanent investment rather than as loans.

It is massively disappointing to me that Bury, Oldham! and likely Rochdale are gone. Salford isn't a replacement for that loss of tradition and football support. Neville chose to invest in Salford but his mum lost her job at Bury. 

2 hours ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Two things….

1) feel free to ignore my posts (you don’t, yet comment virtually every time) and

2) I never said I wouldn’t go. Midweek games are tricky anyway and factoring holidays I’ll probably only attend 15 out of the 23 games anyway, so having a S/T doesn’t have the same benefit. Unlike for my Dad, who has decided not to bother due to being messed around over Sheff Wed transport and them not holiday his chosen Hamil seat.

Believe me I ignore most 

You didn’t say that though did u 

6 minutes ago, Warren said:

It is massively disappointing to me that Bury, Oxford and likely Rochdale are gone. Salford isn't a replacement for that loss of tradition and football support. Neville chose to invest in Salford but his mum lost her job at Bury. 

Agree they are no replacement - however assume you meant Oldham not Oxford?

Bury however they would have had to put millions in to clear the mess of the previous owners ego trip, before embarking on their own, so unless they were going to pick up as a Phoenix club understandable not getting involved.

3 minutes ago, Bald Eagle said:

Agree they are no replacement - however assume you meant Oldham not Oxford?

Bury however they would have had to put millions in to clear the mess of the previous owners ego trip, before embarking on their own, so unless they were going to pick up as a Phoenix club understandable not getting involved.

Sorry! To be fair Neville was involved in Salford already and it had relevance as a club used in a training capacity when he was a young player. His and others investment is purposeful in life / career experience.

1 hour ago, Bald Eagle said:

Watching it back I have no idea why he slung their guy to the ground which started the melee.  Does make you wonder if he was looking for a way out.  Not clear whether he did headbutt or not, but the liner was looking from a better angle and ref sent him after consulting him 

There’s no headbutt there IMO, looks like they both basically touch heads and Clarke makes the most of it to get him sent off. Embarassing from him, but would we have done the same had it been us. Paused the sky coverage on the first goal too and it looks like it’s easily behind the line, horrendous error. 

2 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

There’s no headbutt there IMO, looks like they both basically touch heads and Clarke makes the most of it to get him sent off. Embarassing from him, but would we have done the same had it been us. Paused the sky coverage on the first goal too and it looks like it’s easily behind the line, horrendous error. 

Stevens was wearing oven gloves in case he burn't himself. 

17 hours ago, ValeForever. said:

Shouldn't be hurling that kind of abuse at the players for me, no matter what. They are Port Vale players. I don't believe that any of them go out there to not do their best. They are bang out of form & there is zero confidence amongst them. It's frustrating yes, but ppl need to grow up & show some self restraint. 

Watched that video from full time & some of our supposed fans are an utter disgrace. Call yourselves supporters!? How does that behaviour help anything? Middle aged blokes who should know better, but don't, because they're about 10 ales deep, spitting abuse out & waving their arms about like they're ready to fight. Absolute morons. Just because you travel to Accrington away & pay your money, it doesn't give you the right to act like an animal when things go wrong on the pitch.

Bunch of absolute cretins. I'm glad Robinson told them to **** off.

Sort your lives out.

Well said. 

16 hours ago, ValeForever. said:

We're a below average League 1 football team. If you're a die hard fan who CHOOSES to spend that money & travels week in week out, you should be long enough in the tooth by now to know that we're not going to show up every week. There's going to be periods of time where we're awful. There will also be times where we're decent. It's football at this level.

I will never agree that people have the right to act however they like just because they've paid for travel & tickets, no matter how bad the performance. Boo, chant, whatever you need to do, but don't be acting like that at the end of a game. How does it help our club & help our players? Do they think its going to motivate them to improve or be better? It has the opposite effect.

Most of this bunch dragged us out of League 2 & took us to Wembley. As crap as we are right now, ppl have very short memories. They were heroes 10 months ago.

I'll leave it there.

Well said. Again. Short memories. 

15 hours ago, Vale 1971 said:

Well last comment then coming off line has major disappointed in the personnel up Vale .
Accrington thoroughly deserved there win .
A small club with big heart .
Vale a growing club (support )who have players who cannot be bothered .
There's nothing more say than that .
The manager should be sacked but cannot be as his contract will see we have no money for pitch improvements.
Dark days these again .
Am I surprised .
No
Am I used to disappointment over the years following Vale
Yes for sure .
Thought we had turned the corner but losing 5-0 on aggregate v Cambridge and Accrington well thats a shambles ,no offence to them .
Whom I sad for the loyal fans who go home and away every game .
I'd be having them in tomorrow .
I don't think telling them off will make a difference it didn't last week so why will they listen this week .
Player power it's about .
There's something going on up there no ones mentioning but it needs come out because it's no good coming out when we have got relegated it needs come out now be addressed and every player who puts that shirt play like losing is not a option .
I know the Happy clappers will say FGR are in a much worser place than us but we have record shirt sales 6500 season tickets and we are taking excellent numbers away each game the players are serving up absolute rubbish and tge managers allowing them to do so .
So for that it's with great sadness I say .
D Clarke OUT and take majority of them players with you. .

With words like that I am SO glad you are not our manager. 

Simply stupid. 

11 hours ago, philpvfc said:

I had this debate months ago with the majority disagreeing with me, wonder what the consensus is now.

Funny thing is that the vast majority of fans on here said those players weren't good enough for L1 and we needed better. 

Funny game eh

I had this debate months ago with the majority disagreeing with me, wonder what the consensus is now.

Funny thing is that the vast majority of fans on here said those players weren't good enough for L1 and we needed better. 

Funny game eh

Funny game eh

Archived