onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Accrington Stanley v Port Vale

Fosse69

It doesn’t matter that the Accies  have not scored for 3 games or rarely win, what matters is that the Vale turn up. Will Garrity be fit? A different formation? Just wrap the season up Vale over Easter starting with a win, don’t let leads slip, beware refs.

Advert

It’s not a must win but a must not lose, that keeps the gap at 10 points plus GD and probably all but secures safety.

They head into it on a 5 goal battering us on a performance as poor as seen in a few seasons. Should be a thriller…

As always depends largely on what Vale turn up, if the one from the last few away games we have a good chance of at the very least a point.

If we carry on from yesterday it will be very very difficult.

We haven't been able to beat an egg for 3 months, and our form has gone from downward to straight down. I've been called a moaner more than I can count for the past 2 months, but I'm not a moaner! I'm worried, VERY worried and I'm voicing my concerns! 

Then you get the "argument": 'would you rather be in FGR shoes?'. And I reply every time: I don't give a r... a.. about FGR, I only care about the Vale! 
Something's rotten in the state of Vale, and the club has reacted EXACTLY the same way they did when the Askey era went sour: they've gone AWOL! When things are going well, there's no end to the openness and communication from the higher ups at the club. But as soon as the s... begins to hit the fan, they're absolutely nowhere to be seen. They need to come out and explain what's going on behind the scenes. Because ever since the January window, which the club f..... up BIG time, nothing has been heard. We all know something happened during the window, but all these rumors don't help in any way! Just come out and set the record straight, once and for all!

Sorry about the rant, but as much as it hurts me to say, I can't see anything but a loss at Accy at this moment in time 😔

They will throw the kitchen sink, dining table, sideboard and garage door at us, if we are not organised and "Up" for it we are going to be in trouble, Coleman has said they will fight and scrap until the very end and they they don't intend to go easily.

34 minutes ago, Vale 1971 said:

I think we will win this game .
I've no idea who's available to be picked.
I'm not really bothered by our away performances having seen all I'd say we have a lot more excellence about us away than at home where there is a distinct lack of everything you need be successful .
Be tough but if we play the right mix up front we should score more than them
Wilson Proctor and Politic and Butterworth to start

Sent from my SM-A202F using onevalefan mobile app

Support is far better away from home as well.SVA

After yesterdays horror show I’d look at shaking the team and tactics up and try something completely different as we can’t seem to defend we May aswell go all out attack, it can’t be any worse surely, I’d try something positive like this and try and get a couple of early goals:-

Stone

Forrester / Smith / Donnelly

Worrall / Ojo / Pett / Butterworth

Harrison / Proctor / Wilson

4 hours ago, The man in the pub said:

On what you say Santa its got 0-0 written all over it. On reflection dont think we have a nil in us other than goals scored.  Probably end up 3-3.

I will go for 1-0 to them.  One shot at our goal and they will score.  We will have 20 shots on goal and not score anything.

DC will then come out with the players tried really hard and we were just unlucky.

We have no chance of winning any game of football at the moment with the way we are defending. For me the best we can hope for out of this game is a score draw 1 1 or 2 2 but if play like we did against Burton or Cambridge then it will be 4 nil to Accrington. One thing you can guarantee is whatever the result I bet it's raining on Friday as it always rains when we go to an away ground that has no roof on the away end.

40 minutes ago, Andy Proctor said:

We have no chance of winning any game of football at the moment with the way we are defending. For me the best we can hope for out of this game is a score draw 1 1 or 2 2 but if play like we did against Burton or Cambridge then it will be 4 nil to Accrington. One thing you can guarantee is whatever the result I bet it's raining on Friday as it always rains when we go to an away ground that has no roof on the away end.

I do not think it rained when Exodus Geoghan performed for us at Accrington if any match deserved a earthquake to happen it was that 90 minutes.

Archived