onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Accrington Stanley v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

Last time went Accrington there wasn't many of us there we lost 3-2 after leading 2-0 at half time .
We were a shambles at the back Danny Pugh played as did Nathan Smith forget the rest of the team,that second half they were all garbage ,funny enough think that Sean Mcconville who still plays for them ran us ragged .
I wasn't best pleased
Sent from my SM-A202F using onevalefan mobile app

Went that game myself

We should have absolutely thrashed these at Vale Park. We were handicapped in doing so by the referee who allowed play acting and time wasting throughout. Then of course there was the decision to award a penalty to us when the ball was already in the Accrington net and he hadn't blown up. So surely we should turn up and be motivated by the grievance and go for it with our better players. 

On 04/04/2023 at 14:07, Vale 1971 said:

My team for sat there no need be negative with set up football is about keeping the ball in the oppositions half and finding pockets of space and using them pockets to score more than the opposition .
Stone
Forrester Smith Benning
Pett Ojo
Worrall Politic
Butterworth
Proctor Wilson .
Benning played in a 3 at the back v FGR be it for a short spell but did well he is attack minded and thats all he needs be .
Politic and Butterworth will drive into the pockets as well as the link up play of Proctor who came on v Burton scored looked hungry and put himself about yet overlooked since .
Wilson needs play from the off I like Taylor and Harrison but feel v Cambridge they did very little so they can sit on the bench and ask themselves can I affect this game if need come on if not go sit in the stands .
Taylor cannot probably play v Oxford so chance for Proctor who let's face it is a excellent player to secure the shirt over Easter alongside Wilson because he is our best player and this bringing him on when losing is beginning irritate me why wasn't he brought on v Pompey at 2-0 up and surely he starts v a team with a minus 31 goal difference but no leave him on bench while folk are doing naff all ..
I believe that team can score at least 3 times .
Out go Donnelly Robinson Conlon Taylor Harrison for me ..
Some wouldn't even get on the bench for me .
Plant Mcdermott would replace a few of them .

That's my opinion anyway .

Looking for solid defending and quality finishing from the strikers. Quality finishing means James Wilson starts. Plus one other. 

Tomorrow if it was me picking the XI I am going:

Stone

Worrall

Robinson

Smith

Forrester

Benning

Pett

Ojo

Wilson

Taylor

Harrison

Wilson in the number 10 behind the strikers in the Conlon type role.

Forrest LCB and Sammy RCB

On 04/04/2023 at 14:07, Vale 1971 said:

My team for sat there no need be negative with set up football is about keeping the ball in the oppositions half and finding pockets of space and using them pockets to score more than the opposition .
Stone
Forrester Smith Benning
Pett Ojo
Worrall Politic
Butterworth
Proctor Wilson .
Benning played in a 3 at the back v FGR be it for a short spell but did well he is attack minded and thats all he needs be .
Politic and Butterworth will drive into the pockets as well as the link up play of Proctor who came on v Burton scored looked hungry and put himself about yet overlooked since .
Wilson needs play from the off I like Taylor and Harrison but feel v Cambridge they did very little so they can sit on the bench and ask themselves can I affect this game if need come on if not go sit in the stands .
Taylor cannot probably play v Oxford so chance for Proctor who let's face it is a excellent player to secure the shirt over Easter alongside Wilson because he is our best player and this bringing him on when losing is beginning irritate me why wasn't he brought on v Pompey at 2-0 up and surely he starts v a team with a minus 31 goal difference but no leave him on bench while folk are doing naff all ..
I believe that team can score at least 3 times .
Out go Donnelly Robinson Conlon Taylor Harrison for me ..
Some wouldn't even get on the bench for me .
Plant Mcdermott would replace a few of them .

That's my opinion anyway .

Get Benning in the team and leave sick boy in the bench

I’m more confident away from home as we don’t shoot ourselves in the foot being unable to pass the ball around on a terrible surface. We retain the ball better and take it to teams with more certainty than at home. People have their own opinions but I really do think put these players on a decent home pitch and we’re 10th+ now.

I’m pretty sure we beat Accy and breathe a sigh of relief. We can’t get sloppy when we ahead though.

7 hours ago, 1 said:

I’m more confident away from home as we don’t shoot ourselves in the foot being unable to pass the ball around on a terrible surface. We retain the ball better and take it to teams with more certainty than at home. People have their own opinions but I really do think put these players on a decent home pitch and we’re 10th+ now.

I’m pretty sure we beat Accy and breathe a sigh of relief. We can’t get sloppy when we ahead though.

It is a shame that the process didn't take the terrible surface into account along with all the other parameters before signing the current squad.

Archived