onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Violence at games

Smugsy

Advert

Every club will have its share of idiots. MCFC however imo do seem to have more than their fair share. I’ve been to the Etihad on a couple of occasions in the away end and have seen ppl in the next section to the away fans just there trying to intimidate the away following. On one occasion I’ve witnessed them fighting with each other, outside the ground after the game.

10 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

Every club will have its share of idiots. MCFC however imo do seem to have more than their fair share. I’ve been to the Etihad on a couple of occasions in the away end and have seen ppl in the next section to the away fans just there trying to intimidate the away following. On one occasion I’ve witnessed them fighting with each other, outside the ground after the game.

thats cool, hope they clobbered each other☺️

13 minutes ago, Bimbleabout said:

Sheffield coach at Vale was about 7/8 yrs ago. Out of order that they bring that up as if it was a few months ago.

Sent from my SM-G950F using onevalefan mobile app

Exactly. The article/ phone in is about the here and now.

I remember Sheff Utd bricking the Bycars i think in 1981. I should of rang up !!! 

What a wet wipe that Sheff Utd fan must be.

I've honestly seen next to no mither at Vale since Carol and Kevin have taken over. I have absolutely no qualms in taking my young nephew into the Railway with me. It's light and day to the years before. If I was an away fan I would have been genuinely wary of walking through Burslem and up the Hamil a few years a go. It's a completely different, family atmosphere now.

1 hour ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Hi that was my wife on the radio. We are season ticket holders who live in Cambridge and do what we can for the club, my lad spent all his birthday money on he Chrismas appeal. We love the Vale and my son is hooked which is tough surrounded by London club fans. Sadly we did have our car keyed at Sheffield and at the cup game against Man City my daughter was scared and what she and we experienced was awful she literally was shaking and ctying. The BBC has misquoted my wife saying away fans, she also said repeatedly never had issues at VP. She has done loads of interviews bigging up Vale, VP is our second home sadly though it's always the small minority that came these issues

35 minutes ago, Mellor! said:

I've honestly seen next to no mither at Vale since Carol and Kevin have taken over. I have absolutely no qualms in taking my young nephew into the Railway with me. It's light and day to the years before. If I was an away fan I would have been genuinely wary of walking through Burslem and up the Hamil a few years a go. It's a completely different, family atmosphere now.

1 hour ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Hi that was my wife on the radio. We are season ticket holders who live in Cambridge and do what we can for the club, my lad spent all his birthday money on he Chrismas appeal. We love the Vale and my son is hooked which is tough surrounded by London club fans. Sadly we did have our car keyed at Sheffield and at the cup game against Man City my daughter was scared and what she and we experienced was awful she literally was shaking and ctying. The BBC has misquoted my wife saying away fans, she also said repeatedly never had issues at VP. She has done loads of interviews bigging up Vale, VP is our second home sadly though it's always the small minority that came these issues

40 minutes ago, Mellor! said:

3 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

The Stoke Paint Trophy game was the worst I have seen at Vale Park but genuinely I never saw much bad behavior from our end. The Stoke fans were appalling with many high on monkey dust and god knows what else. 

Handbags compared to the West Ham cup game this week in 1973.Actually 50 years ago today.

3 hours ago, geoff1 said:

thats cool, hope they clobbered each other☺️

Geoff, tbh it gave those in the away end a chance to get as far away from the buffoons as quick as possible. They weren’t any different when I attended a game at Maine Road. I explained to the local constabulary that I needed to get to my car and needed to walk through the idiots and I was told, 

‘Thats your problem’

I've felt intimidated twice already this season, bolton and Charlton.  6 very drunk Charlton fans  " offered me on "  whilst singing   s**t on the vale. I'm 65, 5'8", with glasses and had my 14 year old grandson with me. I declined.  It gave me a warm fuzzy feeling thinking about that scum having a miserable long journey home when we beat them.

Spose it goes with the territory of promotion and large away followings.

Terrible to bring the sheff utd thing up in an article on an increase in violence this season.  That must have been the season when we were relegated and them promoted?

6 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

The Stoke Paint Trophy game was the worst I have seen at Vale Park but genuinely I never saw much bad behavior from our end. The Stoke fans were appalling with many high on monkey dust and god knows what else. 

To be fair, you'd need something to get through their games.

I've not seen any violence, but i've seen a few instances of 'threatening behaviour'. 

I do wonder about the fans of all clubs(including ours) who want to stand or sit near the opposition and goad them from behind the safety of a line of stewards.

I know this will provoke some, but I also think the fans who felt the need to run across the pitch to the Swindon end after the play off didnt do the club any favours. 

Archived