onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Violence at games

Smugsy

Advert

Emily, a Port Vale fan who travels home and away...

...my 12-year-old daughter refuses to come to the football because of aggression she saw when Port Vale played Manchester City in 2020. The away supporters were so aggressive towards Vale fans - men literally foaming at the mouth, not even watching the match just turning around and shouting abuse and swearing.

?

8 minutes ago, NorthwoodValiant said:

I'km not sure how the away supporters could be so aggressive towards Vale fans in 2020 when we played Man City considering that the Vale fans WERE the away fans

I *think* they are just using "away fans" to mean "opposing fans" (although obviously it's factually wrong in this case)

If ever a sentence contradicts itself then that is it.

Is it saying Vale fans were aggressive towards Vale fans ? that is how it comes across. Alternatively City fans weren't aggressive whatsoever although i didn't have her experience.

Either utter tripe from Emily or the BBC have misinterpreted.

I've seen altercations between Vale fans at away games many times.

Is it a worry?  Not really.

If you were going to pick a game where Vale have been involved in violence at a game I cam only really think of Grimsby a few years back.

There's been some stuff on hamil Road over the years when bigger followings have come to Vale but I've never gone to a game particularly worried about it.

Didn't see any trouble at Man City.

In fact I havent really seen much trouble in a few seasons now since Carol came in, so much so I am confident in taking my young daughter to games now, it feels it has become a more family club.

Away games I have been Walsall, Exeter, Sheff Weds, Derby, Burton x 2, Wembley in the past 24 months and all seemed fairly decent atmosphere wise, Exeter especially.

This is actually taken from a phone-in on Radio 5live at 9o'clock this morning. The lady concerned, Emily, was the first caller and as mentioned on the BBC Sport web site she talked about her car being damaged by Sheffield Wednesday fans and also her and her 12 year old daughter being abused at Manchester City. She clearly said that it was City fans that were abusing them and not Vale fans as it appears to say on the web site. She also briefly mentions the trouble at the Swindon game. Later in the programme a Sheffield United fan mentions a United fans coach he was on being "bricked" by Vale fans at Vale Park a few years ago. The broadcast is available on the BBC Sounds web site. As I said the Vale fan is right at the start of the programme.

42 minutes ago, eh up nah said:

I've seen altercations between Vale fans at away games many times.

Is it a worry?  Not really.

If you were going to pick a game where Vale have been involved in violence at a game I cam only really think of Grimsby a few years back.

There's been some stuff on hamil Road over the years when bigger followings have come to Vale but I've never gone to a game particularly worried about it.

Agreed.  Probably the worst at a home game in fairly recent times would be Wolves??  Most people who were regularly involved have been either grown up, been banned, incarcerated or have passed away nowadays.

Archived