onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Cheltenham Town

Fosse69

7 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Some of us thought that last weekend... 🙂

Fair comment but we’ve signed more players since then, plus the others have had an extra week training with the squad plus minutes in midweek.  If Politic is anywhere near fit he’ll be in the matchday squad.

Advert

6 hours ago, Walka003 said:

I'll have a swing at it, this isn't necessarily what i'd do but i think what Clarke may do:

Stevens

Cass                 Smith                  Hall

Massey                                                                     McCarron

Ojo

Conlon          Garrity

Butterworth                  Harrison

Not a bad shout that.

Stevens

Cass                 Smith                  Hall

Pett                                         

Robinson/Worrall   Ojo              Conlon            Benning

Garrity

Harrison

Stevens

Forester. Smith. Hall.

Worrall. Benning
Ojo
Charsley. Garrity

Harrison. Mipo (Butterworth to replace)

Based on the fact that Politic is not at the club yet (or so on believe).

Conlon needs a rest and Charsley has been very unlucky not to get more mi uses based on his good performances at the start of tge season.

Right wing back is a question mark as Robinson had a great game on Tuesday and Massey has also performed well there.

Looking forward to this game. Need a crowd which really gets behind the team today not a crowd which is sitting in judgement like a modern day Judge Jeffries waiting to hang a new signing at the first hint of a misplaced pass with words “told you he was crap we left all our transfer business all too late rubbish Vale”

no idea on the team but I think he ll go ojo conlon Garrity as his midfield three.

it will be a hard game there will be times when we have to defend and times when we are on top…cheltenham are just as good as us and will have this game down as a must win … hopefully we will come away with a win but for goodness sake let’s create a good atmosphere for the team.

utv

Looking forward to this game. Need a crowd which really gets behind the team today not a crowd which is sitting in judgement like a modern day Judge Jeffries waiting to hang a new signing at the first hint of a misplaced pass with words “told you he was crap we left all our transfer business all too late rubbish Vale”
no idea on the team but I think he ll go ojo conlon Garrity as his midfield three.
it will be a hard game there will be times when we have to defend and times when we are on top…cheltenham are just as good as us and will have this game down as a must win … hopefully we will come away with a win but for goodness sake let’s create a good atmosphere for the team.
utv

What gets me if we we win the crowd at the end of the game get up and make a massive noise but second halfs v teams thus far in the home league games (maybe they have drank too much and are hammered )they go quiet and if anything give the opposition a lift.
So same noise both halfs attack the bycars first half if you have too and the singers move don't care if other clubs find that bizarre we not there please other clubs .
Get behind them .
UTV
Team who cares pick people who want to win the game .
Cheltenham are no different to most sides in this league they are talented but so are we and we need show it in more than little spurts if we do we will get a positive result hopefully

Stevens

Worrall Cass Smith Hall Benning

Ojo Conlon Garrity

Harrison Politic

no chance Politic starts but I’d put him in

isnt it ironic how Mal is one of the only guaranteed starters these days

the Massey / Woz tussle will be interesting

2-0, easy, which would be nice as we need to win.

31 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

What gets me if we we win the crowd at the end of the game get up and make a massive noise but second halfs v teams thus far in the home league games (maybe they have drank too much and are hammered )they go quiet and if anything give the opposition a lift.
So same noise both halfs attack the bycars first half if you have too and the singers move don't care if other clubs find that bizarre we not there please other clubs .
Get behind them .
UTV
Team who cares pick people who want to win the game .
Cheltenham are no different to most sides in this league they are talented but so are we and we need show it in more than little spurts if we do we will get a positive result hopefully

I miss people moving from either side of the railway

21 minutes ago, 1 said:

Stevens

Worrall Cass Smith Hall Benning

Ojo Conlon Garrity

Harrison Politic

no chance Politic starts but I’d put him in

isnt it ironic how Mal is one of the only guaranteed starters these days

the Massey / Woz tussle will be interesting

2-0, easy, which would be nice as we need to win.

Since the turn of the year benning has been slowly becoming one of our most consistent performers for me. With the exception of the Walsall game where he was woeful but so were the whole team. 

He’s really stepped up this season and now looks like the player we thought we were getting originally. 

Archived