onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Bolton Wanderers

Fosse69

17 minutes ago, Valiiant said:

I honestly think we need to play Walker in the middle of the back three, with the licence to push forward into midfield, particularly at home when the onus is on us to take the game to the opposition. When the two W's are back, hopefully within the next few weeks, Clarke is going to have a real selection headache. Even more so if he brings in one or two more before the window closes, which seems to be the case. A few very good players are going to wind up on the bench no matter who or what he chooses.

Stevens

Cass    Walker    Hall

Worrall                         Benning

Conlon   Ojo

Garrity

Wilson    Harrison

Stone, Forrester/Smith, Jones, Pett, Holden/Charsley, Massey, Proctor

If that can't finish comfortably in mid-table at least, if we have luck with injuries for once, then we must be in a hell of a league.

The good thing is that with 5 usable subs we will need that kind of strength in depth, and can afford to give more players time on the pitch.  That should help to keep the squad happy.

Advert

6 hours ago, boslemportvale91 said:

Have you been in a coma my friend ? He's made appearances at Fleetwood and Exeter away. Both of which I thought he did very well. Least do your research if you're gonna try be smart. 

If he did "very well" in 2 out of 3 games, can he really be "shocking" after the 3rd?

5 hours ago, Quebec_Valiant said:

This is the moment that Smudge cleared the ball.  It looks to me as though his feet are on the line. 

It is certainly not behind the keeper which the other frame seemed to suggest.

So, after further review the decision on the pitch stands, no goal.

image.png.800a6463c8262d380b896d69c4001e3c.png

The wife and I were sat in the Railway Paddock directly in line with the 6 yard line.  I didn't think the ball had crossed the line and thought Smudger made a superb clearance.

8 hours ago, Hoppers said:

Ahhhhhhhhhhh - just worked it out 😍😍😍😍

My spelling is not too good.I thought it was an anagram of ‘talking through his arse’.Matched and then bettered Bolton for 90 mins.No goal was correct.Santos sending off correct.Lucky he wasn’t already having a cold shower.

10 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

First half a lovely move led to Hall being in with chance score scuffed it across the area .
We created loads today against a team who have won on aggregate 8-1 this week to our 1-6 loss so they did maintain a threat so they should do considering there budget is considerably bigger than ours .
Thought to a man we were good bit sloppy at times at the back first half but as game went on got better back there especially when D Walker joined the back 3 him and Hall are something else some of tge passing was very good and can when especially in the case of Walker when he is fully match fit help us gain many a point.
Marks
Stevens 8 that first half save was critical when Bolton player through on right hand side of Vale ,a smashing tip over second half and everything he did it well .
Smith 6 same performance generally every week neither good nor bad a safety player on the ball always passes it safely to another passes responsibility to others however defensively apart from few lapses good today .
Forrrester 6
Hall 7 love how he joins in and wants to get up there and score or try to make opportunities to score .
Cass 6 quiet one today should have buried that second half chance .
Benning 7 did a lot of good work just wish he would believe in himself and try go round his opponent .
Garrity 8 deserved a goal that header near the end he should have buried it ,his work as always very good .
Ojo 7.6 much better today .
Conlon 7 still working way to fitness did some ok things though .
Proctor 7 battled well held it up did OK for me .
Harrison 8.2 my man of the match needs work on his finishing though maybe should have had a hat trick .
Like what I see though .
Subs
Massey 7.5 put some good balls in what should have been converted can see him and Garrity combining for lots of goals as season progresses and they get used to how this excellent player plays .
Walker 7.6 brilliant his passing range is magnificent glad he is back .
All in all a good display I see signs Vale are going do well .
I'd be working on finishing on Mon but lets face it DC has a squad of overall excellence
UTV

Hi Breadwinner,just wondering why Forrester only gets a score but no comments? Oversight,maybe?🙂

Hi Breadwinner,just wondering why Forrester only gets a score but no comments? Oversight,maybe?
Thought he did OK personally was shocked he was replaced as he did very little wrong but could see why with him been yellow carded .
Lots of options and I said as long as we have goal attempts on one day they may not go in but the fact we were creating lots and nowt was going in fills me with optimism that we going be OK around mid table realistically that be fabulous so any higher well I'd be on cloud 9 .
Bolton massive budget big crowds smashed a very good Wycombe side under GA 3-0 annihilated Salford but never looked like beating us and if they had I'd have felt it was unjust .
When Wilson is back and Worrall and a new Harratt type turns up be wary of the Vale though we can win games and when all support returns from holiday season expect the noise go higher and higher just a shame hamils not for home fans this season nevermind next season you all saw what encouragement from the hamil did v Swindon it made it a great night the sooner the better for me .
Delighted with yesterday great response to dark day v Exeter .
UTV

Archived