onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Bolton Wanderers

Fosse69

3 hours ago, boslemportvale91 said:

I've criticised a player who made zero difference against 10 men. You might think different and that's fair enough  but my opinion is he was way out of depth today and was like a lost boy in midfield. 

I pay my money to go every game like every vale fan so if i criticise a player that's my opinion. Don't like it then fair enough but bore off with your snoody remarks. 

Last i checked this was a forum but god forbid you make a negative comment.

By the way. I was chuffed with a draw at the start your majesty if that's okay ? 

What a **** 😂

Advert

Our MF...Conlon not at full fitness but pressed high and was always trying something.

I can't criticise Garrity cos he gets in great positions and works his socks off and wins a lot of headers(IMO no one else could do his role)

Walker...what a great passer of the ball he is,and can play CB too

Pett...neat and tidy,played further forward and nearly set up a goal

Ojo...he could smoke a cigar and still be as good.

Bear in mind Charsley had a good game v Fleetwood and was left out.

I thought it was an incorrect decision to play Cass RWB. He looked out of sorts and that was a horrible miss.

Hall was a bit in and out today but I still think he will improve,and get us 6 or more a season.

Smithy...steady/solid...you know what you get with him 

Rory...will get better as he gets fitter. You can see his confidence coming back.

Proctor...not at the races today but it was a hot day and he can't lead the line completely on his own every game 

Ellis...got better as the game went on. He'll get us double figures in goals.

Massey...great 2nd half. A real asset.

Forrester...a bit in and out. I think he was taken off cos of his booking. He'll get better.

GK...3 good saves. Him and Stone will push each other...no problem with that.

The best till last....we have 3 players who can play LB/WB. Benning has been great. Strong,positive. Can improve his final ball but you can tell he wants that shirt.

All good from me. 10K crowd. Great atmosphere. You can see we're building something...plus Wilson has to return,and Wozza.

3 hours ago, Lornelounger said:

Getting tired of Vale fans slagging their own off on minimal evidence and then covering themselves by saying "I'm entitled to my opinion".  We're all entitled to our opinion, it's just that some opinions are more rational and evidence based than some other knee jerk ones based on one performance when we don't always know the context.  We've moved up a league, and not everyone is going to be perfect every week.  Let's bed in for the long haul shall we, and try to be positive where we can?  Always the best way I find. If a player is shockingly bad, they don't need us to remind them of it - they have their professional pride and will be hurting.  4 points from 3 games. Onwards.

Exactly 👏

I thought that was a magnificent effort by the team / squad / management today. Supreme level of fitness in sweltering conditions. High level of skill overall. Kept mistakes pretty low. Handled an aggressive and big opponent well and neutralised their effectiveness. A thoroughly enjoyable game. 

25 minutes ago, Rocky said:

He will come up against inferior defences over the season, loved an aerial duel, more importantly he looked like he was loving it. Signs are looking good with him. 

He looks like he can shield the ball too. A few games to get up to speed with our midfielders and he will be ok. Another fine pick for the process.

Garrity was clearly under instruction today to marshall their no4. Thought he did it very well indeed, but it did take away his pressing at times. But it just showed to me what a great professional he is. Will do any job he is asked to do. Great player to have on our books

Had a great day as a guest in the hospitality. First time I have seen us this season. We are acclimatising nicely I think. Can we get those goals? Really hope so. So many good performances on there today against a top side. It’s a point gained for me. Just to say my MOM was Mal Benning. Thought he was outstanding.

First half a lovely move led to Hall being in with chance score scuffed it across the area .
We created loads today against a team who have won on aggregate 8-1 this week to our 1-6 loss so they did maintain a threat so they should do considering there budget is considerably bigger than ours .
Thought to a man we were good bit sloppy at times at the back first half but as game went on got better back there especially when D Walker joined the back 3 him and Hall are something else some of tge passing was very good and can when especially in the case of Walker when he is fully match fit help us gain many a point.
Marks
Stevens 8 that first half save was critical when Bolton player through on right hand side of Vale ,a smashing tip over second half and everything he did it well .
Smith 6 same performance generally every week neither good nor bad a safety player on the ball always passes it safely to another passes responsibility to others however defensively apart from few lapses good today .
Forrrester 6
Hall 7 love how he joins in and wants to get up there and score or try to make opportunities to score .
Cass 6 quiet one today should have buried that second half chance .
Benning 7 did a lot of good work just wish he would believe in himself and try go round his opponent .
Garrity 8 deserved a goal that header near the end he should have buried it ,his work as always very good .
Ojo 7.6 much better today .
Conlon 7 still working way to fitness did some ok things though .
Proctor 7 battled well held it up did OK for me .
Harrison 8.2 my man of the match needs work on his finishing though maybe should have had a hat trick .
Like what I see though .
Subs
Massey 7.5 put some good balls in what should have been converted can see him and Garrity combining for lots of goals as season progresses and they get used to how this excellent player plays .
Walker 7.6 brilliant his passing range is magnificent glad he is back .
All in all a good display I see signs Vale are going do well .
I'd be working on finishing on Mon but lets face it DC has a squad of overall excellence
UTV

2 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:

It's actually very difficult to be sure. The angle gives the illusion that it is behind the line but from behind the goal it didn't even look close.

Sent from my SM-A920F using onevalefan mobile app

Indeed, otherwise we could just do away with all the VAR tech and just have a single fixed position camera on the half way line of each ground.  Unless the ball is on the floor and nestled in the back of the net it is difficult to be conclusive from this angle.

3 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:

It's actually very difficult to be sure. The angle gives the illusion that it is behind the line but from behind the goal it didn't even look close.

Sent from my SM-A920F using onevalefan mobile app

I'll take that (the optical illusion line) That'd drive their manager even more loopy! The ball is beyond the keeper, who's nearly in the back of the net by the time Smith hooks his leg round. Spoke to a few people at half time who were at that end of the Railway in the first half. They said it was miles in before they'd seen the video evidence.

Archived