onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Bolton Wanderers

Fosse69

Advert

10 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Thought he did OK personally was shocked he was replaced as he did very little wrong but could see why with him been yellow carded .
Lots of options and I said as long as we have goal attempts on one day they may not go in but the fact we were creating lots and nowt was going in fills me with optimism that we going be OK around mid table realistically that be fabulous so any higher well I'd be on cloud 9 .
Bolton massive budget big crowds smashed a very good Wycombe side under GA 3-0 annihilated Salford but never looked like beating us and if they had I'd have felt it was unjust .
When Wilson is back and Worrall and a new Harratt type turns up be wary of the Vale though we can win games and when all support returns from holiday season expect the noise go higher and higher just a shame hamils not for home fans this season nevermind next season you all saw what encouragement from the hamil did v Swindon it made it a great night the sooner the better for me .
Delighted with yesterday great response to dark day v Exeter .
UTV

Cheers,felt there was a huge improvement in terms of confidence, movement off the ball and variety of options. Keeper looked so much more assured than Stone I.M.O and  Harrison will be a real acquisition. Feeling much happier, enjoy your Sunday👍

14 minutes ago, Platty's Tassels said:

Absolutely agree with this.

Me too,but sadly we have our own drunk morons too. Several of them kicked off behind me at the back of the Railway Stand,one of them being a bloke who'd pushed into the queue outside. Dutch courage merchants, they're a pain in the arse and not wanted around football.

I thought we played really well yesterday - the lads gave it everything in blistering heat. Liked the look of all of our new boys, especially Harrison who looked like he was a real pain in the arse for their defenders and importantly looked like he was loving every minute.

Sir Mal was brilliant again and one of our best players. Liked Massey but thought we perhaps overdid the diagonal ball out to him once he was on - but that’s part of them all getting used to each other. New Keeper looked a level above to me.

Not sure why Holden has had a bit of criticism on here - think he looks a very good player, he will be important for us this season IMO.

It was a shame we couldn’t get the goal we deserved, but again, a few more games in we will be tuned in better.

If Bolton are one of the better teams in the league then we have no one to really fear.

Santos was a red card waiting to happen from about the 6th minute - he does realise it’s football not rugby league?? Clarke got it spot on allowing him all the time in the world on the ball, he hadn’t got a clue what to do with it! 

Their keeper was great, also their No 17 caused us problems in the first half but their midfield was poor overall. They looked good (pacey) up top and a very solid defensive unit.

Tip of the hat to both teams for producing a very entertaining game in that heat.  I think as the game wore on we hadn’t got the energy to play with the pace needed to break their packed defence down.  The only criticism I’d have was I felt we were quite wasteful with some very decent chances throughout, and ditto at times with some of our final balls.  The new lads look decent and the players coming back from injury were another plus.  All in all, lots of positives.

Tip of the hat to both teams for producing a very entertaining game in that heat.  I think as the game wore on we hadn’t got the energy to play with the pace needed to break their packed defence down.  The only criticism I’d have was I felt we were quite wasteful with some very decent chances throughout, and ditto at times with some of our final balls.  The new lads look decent and the players coming back from injury were another plus.  All in all, lots of positives.
Agree with this. Full credit to Bolton for what I thought was a very professional second half performance with every player doing their job in horrible conditions with 10 men

I thought their No 4 (notwithstanding the fact he should have been sent off as well), the guy wide right (No 21?), the forward who brought the save from Steven’s 1st half plus the goalie stood out for them. I also thought the No 9 they brought on was decent. 
I thought no 4 was there best player. Rolls Royce

I didnt see anything myself mate. It just felt a bit uneasy. Reckon if we pinched a win then things could of turned a bit stupid.
I didn't see anything. One of them got into my mates face but other than that it all seemed OK. Very moody atmosphere though, was glad I left my lad at home.

Archived