Match Thread: POS1 Swindon Town v Port Vale

Suicide passes, running the ball out of play, giving the ball away, lost McKirdy from the corner... he even lined up a long throw & let it slip out of his hands. He was pants. Had a good first 10 minutes then nothing. 

I don’t think a wet ball slipping out of your hands contributes to a bad performance.he’s still recovering from a lengthy lay off
  • Like 1

Advert:

1 hour ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

No but I don't like hysterical over-reactions by silly football-illiterate babies throwing tantrums either.

I was watching Vale before you were born most probably,are we not allowed to be disappointed and give an opinion . I haven’t been personal to any particular player like some others on here. Please keep it to Footballing Matters and don’t get too personal.

We are all wanting the same result after all.

UTV

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JSValiant said:

I was watching Vale before you were born most probably,are we not allowed to be disappointed and give an opinion . I haven’t been personal to any particular player like some others on here. Please keep it to Footballing Matters and don’t get too personal.

We are all wanting the same result after all.

UTV

I am keeping it to football matters and your post 

I feel so sorry for the Owners, wonderful people but they have got to be ruthless now, with the Management and Players,

was pathetic.

Advert:

Agree regarding the sky coverage. Was an absolute disgrace really. Absolute Swindon love in, which is odd since we finished above them and we both won one in the head to head. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dazzerjames said:

I don’t think a wet ball slipping out of your hands contributes to a bad performance.he’s still recovering from a lengthy lay off

He had a really poor game. I won't hear any different. But we go again Thursday.

• Like 1

I also think Swindon are a vile, vile team. Their players are diving cheating bastards, Williams and McKirdy both scum. But their fans are awful. I almost want to win just to knock them down a peg or two more than I do to get in the play off final.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

I take it plenty of the ‘experts’ on here won a small fortune betting on McKirdy getting 20+ goals this season as it was so obvious he would based on what we all saw on the pitch, and no doubt in what we didn’t see in training and around the ground.

Edited by Bald Eagle
  • Like 2

Advert:

1 hour ago, Powerline said:

Got to disagree. He was totally anonymous when on. Only things I can remember him doing is having a pea roller shot that went miles wide, and getting hugely outmuscled in the run up to their second.

I'm afraid hes not physically strong enough to be a professional footballer. Great talent though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

I am keeping it to football matters and your post 

I feel so sorry for the Owners, wonderful people but they have got to be ruthless now, with the Management and Players,

was pathetic.

Do you agree with her keep finding jobs for all the ex Players like Anthony Griffith and Billy Painter etc. 
 She needs to be careful how many staff she employs and be careful with the Budget, she hasn’t got a Bottomless Pit.

It is a business as well as a Football Team.

2 minutes ago, Dr Delgado said:

Funny how you see a game.

If I hadn’t seen the game myself and formed a judgement from what some durbrains put on here I’d be tearing up my tickets for Thursday.

We were poor today no doubt about that. Second half in spells we were better in possession and got a few crosses in particular when benning came on (a left footer) first half was slow and we lost the balls countless times and the mistake for the goal was Sunday league stuff. But somehow despite that the ties very much alive. Every game is different and Thursday it can easily be our night and everything goes for us and we win 2-0. For that to happen the team needs a few changes though. Proctor obviously if he’s fit enough. Benning has to come back in on the left. Garrity had another game where apart from his first half shot I never saw him once and we need him to drive forward and get us a goal. All in all a bad day but one more chance to put it right. 

Advert:

1 minute ago, Fosse69 said:

Play-off games are always tense and nervy, there is a lot at stake, we are fortunate and have the 2nd leg at home, the ball is in our court.

Correct Mate

Only saw the second half but judging by the comments we must of been dreadful in the first as we were definitely the better side in the second. Played some nice stuff just didn’t create enough unfortunately. Swindon are certainly nothing to be scared of. It’s hardly beyond the realms of possibility that we could win 2-0 on Thursday. I’d rather be in Swindon’s position but It’s no where  near over yet.

• Like 6

We need start like a house on fire on Thursday a goal up early doors we need to defend properly and avoid a capitulation like bristol rovers. I fear for the vale though defending like that it's now 4 defeats in five that's relegation form not promotion.