Match Thread: POS1 Swindon Town v Port Vale

Keep the Dice rolling with the return of DC, the route to L1 is now a bit longer around the magic roundabouts of Swindon, but Wembley beckons.   Injuries permitting keep the same team, build on the confidence from the Exeter win, and maximise the determination. Ignore history with another win there, a 2-0 win in preference to the 2-1 last time would suit me fine.

AC/DC Black and White Army

Advert:

Story of the season is injuries, surely must have cost us 3 points which would have been enough for promotion. Still, in the past now, make sure of a Wembley trip, and put McKirdy behind us.

• Like 3

Advert:

A very very sensible approach to yesterday's game from Vale and it turned out excellently .
Now for the two biggest games of most of our players lives .
Do not worry or think about the opposition just do your jobs stay with your players do everything you did yesterday but more so .
Hope Walker and Conlon are in contention ,this is not the season now this is the extra season so hopefully those lads will be ready feature I am sure Conlon cannot be far away he as being out since Swindon at home so I can see a return for him at some point maybe just come on 90th tie locked at 2 -2 Garrity fouled outside the area sub on Conlon takes whips it into the top corner the ref blows the whistle and Vale are going to Wembley .
Walkers a great player hope he is recovering quickly also he as the ability put the kind of ball the Tottenham player did to sessogne or whatever is name is .
Embrace it Vale you have earnt it .
Swindons a good team but so are we after all we finished one point above them .
Nothing to fear only fear itself
UTV

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Brizzy R

Manny

Boring boring boring Northampton

Swindle

Richie and the boys

That’s the order I’d have chosen a playoff opponent, ranging from avoid to  easy money.

I’m happy, we’ll beat them over 2 legs.

Edited by 1

20 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

A very very sensible approach to yesterday's game from Vale and it turned out excellently .
Now for the two biggest games of most of our players lives .
Do not worry or think about the opposition just do your jobs stay with your players do everything you did yesterday but more so .
Hope Walker and Conlon are in contention ,this is not the season now this is the extra season so hopefully those lads will be ready feature I am sure Conlon cannot be far away he as being out since Swindon at home so I can see a return for him at some point maybe just come on 90th tie locked at 2 -2 Garrity fouled outside the area sub on Conlon takes whips it into the top corner the ref blows the whistle and Vale are going to Wembley .
Walkers a great player hope he is recovering quickly also he as the ability put the kind of ball the Tottenham player did to sessogne or whatever is name is .
Embrace it Vale you have earnt it .
Swindons a good team but so are we after all we finished one point above them .
Nothing to fear only fear itself
UTV

Conlon is at least 3 months if not 4 months away.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Swindon have a particularly strong midfield three and they can all play a bit. 

Let's be honest we are not going to change formation are we? How well we do hinges on winning those personal battles and what that then means for how far up the pitch we get.

Be interesting to see who starts out of Benning and Hussey. Also I quite like edmonson for an away game. Relatively quick, determined and a physical presence. Seemingly quite adaptable too if you think about the positions he has played recently.

• Like 2

Advert:

9 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

Keep the Dice rolling with the return of DC, the route to L1 is now a bit longer around the magic roundabouts of Swindon, but Wembley beckons.   Injuries permitting keep the same team, build on the confidence from the Exeter win, and maximise the determination. Ignore history with another win there, a 2-0 win in preference to the 2-1 last time would suit me fine.

AC/DC Black and White Army

I think Charsley may well be in midfield? But who for I don’t know, certainly on the bench at least?

5 hours ago, connor hackett said:

Watching Ben Tozer absolutely terrorise Stockport with his throws, what a shame we can't incorporate a fit Dan Jones. Especially now we've got Connor Hall to aim at.

I considered this a real weapon but the only time we looked like scoring was when 1 hit Wilson on the foot and went wide versus Bristol

Advert:

4 hours ago, 1 said:

Brizzy R

Manny

Boring boring boring Northampton

Swindle

Richie and the boys

That’s the order I’d have chosen a playoff opponent, ranging from avoid to  easy money.

I’m happy, we’ll beat them over 2 legs.

Snap

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, DazFred said:

I considered this a real weapon but the only time we looked like scoring was when 1 hit Wilson on the foot and went wide versus Bristol

So close, yet............... 🤣🤣

Edited by Hoppers