onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: POS1 Swindon Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

Swindon are poor man's Exeter. Pass and move with an overloaded midfield. Hall, Pett, Gibbo, Proc and Wilson all getting the 8 days rest they need will be the difference. I would only revert back to 3 in the middle if Walker is back because we're just chasing shadows and not making meaningful challenges without him there. Gibbo surely to start and a solid back 5 will keep a clean sheet, it's just up the others then. I'm very confident Vale win the tie, and could easily end up winning both games. It's a completely different team to the one that underperformed at home against them. We just can't have another game where a dirty side come and bully us off the ball like Bristol, because we just shrunk and even though they got away with a lot, we didn't help ourselves. Got to be ready and willing in that area of the game.

Advert

3 hours ago, darren1810 said:

54 seconds in. I was there too that day.

I was more meaning an actual throw launched into the box directly, and flick on in the box when i meant no chances created but Barny is right that in this game a long throw did lead to a chance.

Garrity on the charge is the stuff of nightmares to defences. Let's see that version on Sunday!

Swindon are poor man's Exeter. Pass and move with an overloaded midfield. Hall, Pett, Gibbo, Proc and Wilson all getting the 8 days rest they need will be the difference. I would only revert back to 3 in the middle if Walker is back because we're just chasing shadows and not making meaningful challenges without him there. Gibbo surely to start and a solid back 5 will keep a clean sheet, it's just up the others then. I'm very confident Vale win the tie, and could easily end up winning both games. It's a completely different team to the one that underperformed at home against them. We just can't have another game where a dirty side come and bully us off the ball like Bristol, because we just shrunk and even though they got away with a lot, we didn't help ourselves. Got to be ready and willing in that area of the game.
I can't remember who was missing from our team when we played at home, I'm assuming 3/4 players were out injured?

23 minutes ago, Doha said:

Weird lot aren’t they?

According to their forum Vale are all plastics. Quite how or why has not been established.

If they do their research they will see our away average this season is a handful lower than theirs! and had we had the same allocation at Walsall it would probably have been better than theirs.

32 minutes ago, Doha said:

Wilson was also in his recovery from a fracture underperforming stage. And Covolan got us down to 10 on 45+3, literally right before we’d have made big tactical changes at HT. 

It was only our 2nd game since December 11th. As you say Wilson was just feeling his way back. No Proctor that day and Connor Hall and Hussey making debuts.

3 hours ago, darren1810 said:

54 seconds in. I was there too that day.

I was more meaning an actual throw launched into the box directly, and flick on in the box when i meant no chances created but Barny is right that in this game a long throw did lead to a chance.

Virtually the same thing happened in a home game (maybe Colchester or Accrington) with Jones throwing it down the line for gibbo who got in on the keeper for a chance. 

Our 1-3 line up makes me feel even better about the tie. I'm pretty sure their first goalscorer has gone now too? We're a different team now, just need to get back on form at the right time.

A neutral calculated it to be 845 vs 832.

Had the Police not restricted our allocation at Smallsall to about 60% of what Swindon were given, our average would better theirs.

Have Vale ever taken 3k away? They'll sell out the 4500 seat Hamil on a Thursday night? Vale plastics? 🤣 The absolute state of them. 

Archived