onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

23 minutes ago, JRC said:

Someone wrote that but he's only the 4th best a Port Vale. If it was true Benning and Jones would be going to Qatar.

I thought that he was a real coup when we signed him, he was very highly rated - but its what he's done while he's here that's important and he cant get near the team. Could be attitude, could be that his development has stalled, could be that we cant get the best out of him for some reason - but no point flogging a dead horse whichever way. Hope we can bring someone who can make more of an impact in Jan.....

On the other possible outgoing player will Interesting to see what Clarke says about Stevens - sounds like Bowers is asking him about it in todays presser.

Advert

16 hours ago, werstayinup said:

Wasn't there a thing somewhere that said he was rated the best young left back in Europe?

I don't think he is ready for league football yet. He hasn't shown anything that i have seen to think he is anywhere near being able to hold down a place at the Vale. Best outcome for the club and player. I don't know how much we are paying towards his salary but i believe he is on 4k per week.

I like Stevens but, as part of the GK Union, I don't think he's quite as good or done quite as well as we were lead to believe.

Stone is good prospect but there are holes in his game and mindset; he'd do well to go out on loan to EFL2 and play every week.

I'd love us to sign a keeper from a Prem or Championship side BUT we don't need another Holy situation (but lest face it, that was a out of desperation)

Wish Lucas wasn't such a liability as he was a very good keeper.

We need to remember Small has mainly been played out of position, assuming he is regarded as a wingback by his parent club. He looked exactly what he was in games, a young, developing player.  The problem being that we look OK personnel wise in that area so he’s found himself down the pecking order.

Stevens was returning from a debilitating illness, so, again, needed time to get up to speed, which I think it’s fair to say he has.  I think he’s done OK overall.  Looks very steady without being outstanding, which is fine.  Slightly edges Stone out for me but I think Stone has improved the brief times we’ve seen him and would be happy to see him in goal in the new year if Stevens returns to Oxford.

1 hour ago, Walka003 said:

Rumoured target Hladky could be back on the scene if Stevens does go back. Played a handful of games at Ipswich so far this season, none in the league.

Maybe we could tempted Bursik away from Stoke in a Forrester style swoop.

Some of their fans think that the club will be looking to move Taylor(who was on loan at Bristol last season) out on a permanent deal as he doesn't feature in Neils plans

2 hours ago, LancyTony said:

He hasn't said they want him back! He's said he's only on loan until January, and they will assess the situation then!!

Bit of gamesmanship perhaps? Stevens is on a season-long loan. If they want to recall him in January then that's their prerogative, but they shouldn't be agreeing on a season long loan if they only plan on a half season loan. I guess perhaps Robinson is sending a message to his own goalkeeper, or he is just trying to cause disruption in our camp before they play us. 

11 hours ago, PV1973 said:

Not surprised at all about Small going, feel that Mcarron will be next. Wingbacks should be a priority come January. 

Totally agree that i think McCarron will also go back,he bottled out of a tackle last weekend and that was enough for me. I would like to see an experienced LWB in as competition for Benning

Archived