onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

Hate is a very strong word to use. I don't hate DC as a person, I just think he is not as good as he thinks he is and unfortunately that is having a detrimental effect on the club. For example, he said before Saturday that he wanted to progress in the FA cup and then put out a very odd team. So he is either not telling the truth about his ambitions in the cup or he is deluded if he thought that his team selection and tactics would win us the game. I can hear you all now, but but but, we were unlucky, officials etc but we were outplayed by Exeter. 
Detrimental to the the club? Are you on crack? How is going from the bottom 6 of League 2 to the top 10 of League 1 in just over 18 months detrimental. Give your head a wobble and sort yourself out.

Advert

Some very sensible posters getting sucked in here… if you can’t see the game being played by now I give up! 

He must be sat at home doubled over with laughter at people trying to “persuade” him he is wrong.

Gets to the point where you have to admire his ability to wind people up! 😂

On 07/11/2022 at 17:11, Rampant Zebra said:

Hate is a very strong word to use. I don't hate DC as a person, I just think he is not as good as he thinks he is and unfortunately that is having a detrimental effect on the club. For example, he said before Saturday that he wanted to progress in the FA cup and then put out a very odd team. So he is either not telling the truth about his ambitions in the cup or he is deluded if he thought that his team selection and tactics would win us the game. I can hear you all now, but but but, we were unlucky, officials etc but we were outplayed by Exeter. 

The fact is though that team should’ve won the game.  The difference on the day was simply finishing.  Putting all your other comments aside, to say we were “outplayed by Exeter”, you either didn’t watch the first half or have simply chosen to ignore it to suit your own agenda.  Even with less of the play second half chances were still about even and ultimately we were done by our own mistakes combined with 2 excellent strikes.  Certainly not unlucky, masters of our own downfall I’d say, but not “outplayed”.

So I get in work last night and a bloke who used to watch the Vale and Stoke but just goes watch Stoke now and has a Stoke tattoo on his leg says have you heard the rumour that Darrell Clark is going to Luton he told me something else as well but I'm not putting that on here as its about someone and its personal and none of my business and not football related .
I'm sure it's nonsense didn't DC sign a 5 year contract so my reply was he better not be going as the job he is doing with every member of our squad is superb .
Every player has improved ten fold if supporters cannot see that then they need there eyes tested .
Yes he tinkers and more often than not that tinkering gives the Vale a fresh and energetic very decent performances.
All players are valued and because of the excellence of our manager assistant and all his backroom.staff not forgetting DF who is motivating them all excellently Vale park is getting better crowds and I for one look forwards to every game again as I feel we are more than capable of winning majority home and away games .
Improving in majority of areas yes there's work to be done and I'm.sure anyone dropping there standards will be out the team and moved on .
Ruthless but brilliant I'm glad DC is ours .
UTV

32 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

So I get in work last night and a bloke who used to watch the Vale and Stoke but just goes watch Stoke now and has a Stoke tattoo on his leg says have you heard the rumour that Darrell Clark is going to Luton he told me something else as well but I'm not putting that on here as its about someone and its personal and none of my business and not football related .
I'm sure it's nonsense didn't DC sign a 5 year contract so my reply was he better not be going as the job he is doing with every member of our squad is superb .
Every player has improved ten fold if supporters cannot see that then they need there eyes tested .
Yes he tinkers and more often than not that tinkering gives the Vale a fresh and energetic very decent performances.
All players are valued and because of the excellence of our manager assistant and all his backroom.staff not forgetting DF who is motivating them all excellently Vale park is getting better crowds and I for one look forwards to every game again as I feel we are more than capable of winning majority home and away games .
Improving in majority of areas yes there's work to be done and I'm.sure anyone dropping there standards will be out the team and moved on .
UTV

With his record he will be touted for vacancies elsewhere. I think he is really happy here and think his love for the club and its owners that it unlikely he will move to a club such as Luton.

2 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

UTV

Every chance he's on the shortlist. 5-year deal will mean vale get a big compensation package if anything comes of it.

3 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

UTV

Loves it here does DC BUT just the same as players every manager has a price .

Not sure if there is any truth in it or not but i have no doubt that clubs will be looking at DC when they sack a manager because of how well he has done/is doing at Vale.Lets not forget though this is the man who turned down Leeds to stay in League One

8 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Loves it here does DC BUT just the same as players every manager has a price .

Not sure if there is any truth in it or not but i have no doubt that clubs will be looking at DC when they sack a manager because of how well he has done/is doing at Vale.Lets not forget though this is the man who turned down Leeds to stay in League One

Very good points… I have no doubt his name will be on a few “potential candidate” lists.

The interesting one would be the clubs approach is someone came in which represented a great opportunity for DC.

I could see us being a club that would let him go with our best wishes as long as the compensation worked for us.

It could be a good sales pitch to the next manager we would go after… come and be successful here and if you are we won’t stand in your way if the deal works for all parties?

3 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Very good points… I have no doubt his name will be on a few “potential candidate” lists.

The interesting one would be the clubs approach is someone came in which represented a great opportunity for DC.

I could see us being a club that would let him go with our best wishes as long as the compensation worked for us.

It could be a good sales pitch to the next manager we would go after… come and be successful here and if you are we won’t stand in your way if the deal works for all parties?

No doubt RZ would want Steve Bruce 

Archived