onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

1 hour ago, Breadwinner said:

The lad who told me about speedy going to Stoke weeks ago told me about the other things also .
Hopefully the DC story is a load of nonsense .
But if true no wonder all the Vale forums are quiet at present .
Bad enough us losing revenue with big cup exit without losing our manager who in my opinion is the reason why I go Vale more often these days more so than the players
UtV

It was common knowledge weeks ago that Speedie ended up at his boyhood club

Advert

1 hour ago, ollyandpatch said:

DC is a name mentioned on the Luton Forum. 

He won't leave us anyway, for a start they will have to employ DF first and I think he is on a good number at the Vale. With his personal tragedy last season I think he knows how much the club love him and I think he feels the same.

I love fans that think like this.

If Luton came a knocking, DC is a going. Make no bones about that

It was common knowledge weeks ago that Speedie ended up at his boyhood club
Thought he was a Vale fan so how's Stoke is boyhood club

Not that it matters its his life he works where he wants .
Maybe Stoke offered him decent money so why not .
He did what he could with our pudding of a pitch what has needed replacing for years .
I thank him for getting games ON which wouldn't have being played .
His commitment was superb .
As one door closes another opens .
It applies to us all .

7 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

I love fans that think like this.

If Luton came a knocking, DC is a going. Make no bones about that

He turned down Leeds to stay at the Gas. He knows he's got a job and a 'project' for the next 5 years here. We are trying to do what Luton have done in the past 10 years. It's not like he'd be going to a massive club and turning something daft down. If it was Norwich, Blades, WBA then he'd be gone. I don't think he'd go for the Luton job.

16 minutes ago, Mellor! said:

He turned down Leeds to stay at the Gas. He knows he's got a job and a 'project' for the next 5 years here. We are trying to do what Luton have done in the past 10 years. It's not like he'd be going to a massive club and turning something daft down. If it was Norwich, Blades, WBA then he'd be gone. I don't think he'd go for the Luton job.

Leeds was an absolutely chaos club at the time.

Luton is a well-run & established Championship football club. He would also increase is salary considerably and make him a wealthy man.

If Luton came knocking, which they are not, then I would bet anybody he would go

20 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Thought he was a Vale fan so how's Stoke is boyhood club

Not that it matters its his life he works where he wants .
Maybe Stoke offered him decent money emoji383.png so why not .
He did what he could with our pudding of a pitch what has needed replacing for years .
I thank him for getting games ON which wouldn't have being played .
His commitment was superb .
As one door closes another opens .
It applies to us all .

Hes a Stoke fan even though he worked for Vale for 40 odd years

Again, I thought that was common knowledge too

Hes a Stoke fan even though he worked for Vale for 40 odd years
Again, I thought that was common knowledge too
Don't know him at all I don't follow groundsmen or any of the players who play for us .
I'm only interested in the team .
Carol has done such a great job why would anyone question anything that lady does she's made us along with majority of the folk she employs a damn good 1st division team .
No offence to speedie we thank him for his commitment to his job and wish him well at the team he supports .
The only time the sentinel publish anything is to cause a stir .
It's no big deal he will get paid will he not .
UTV

Leeds was an absolutely chaos club at the time.
Luton is a well-run & established Championship football club. He would also increase is salary considerably and make him a wealthy man.
If Luton came knocking, which they are not, then I would bet anybody he would go
I'd keep your money in your pocket

Interesting that the prospect of DC leaving has cropped up - I've wondered what may happen if he did, and I'm pretty sure that DF and his recruitment crew would have some names on a "standby" list? But - if the worst thing happened, and DC left us - who would you like to replace him? A question for Vale fans only!  

1 minute ago, LancyTony said:

Interesting that the prospect of DC leaving has cropped up - I've wondered what may happen if he did, and I'm pretty sure that DF and his recruitment crew would have some names on a "standby" list? But - if the worst thing happened, and DC left us - who would you like to replace him? A question for Vale fans only!  

We could do a lot worse than let Andy Crosby have another go.

Archived