onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

Advert

19 hours ago, Walka003 said:

Rumoured target Hladky could be back on the scene if Stevens does go back. Played a handful of games at Ipswich so far this season, none in the league.

Maybe we could tempted Bursik away from Stoke in a Forrester style swoop.

Bursik who makes a mistake every single week and has been culpable for umpteen opposition goals and now dropped because he's awful ? 

Bursik who makes a mistake every single week and has been culpable for umpteen opposition goals and now dropped because he's awful ? 

That's him, the England u23s goalkeeper who's dad's just died and coinsided with his downturn in form.

He's obviously got something about him, I'd snap him up should he become available

Just now, Walka003 said:

That's him, the England u23s goalkeeper who's dad's just died and coinsided with his downturn in form.

He's obviously got something about him, I'd snap him up should he become available

It hasn't coincided mate, he was terrible before. I work with 3 lardies and not a single one rates him. He was in and out of the team way before his loss, dropped for a journeyman Gillingham reserve. 

I think it's a sad indictment of young english goalkeepers if he's the best .

It's a no from me.

No anti lard bias either as Forrester is tremendous. 

We never needed Small. Think he was just a signing because we are now capable of attracting young Premier League kids with potential which we weren't able to in the League below. The guy looked extremely raw when he did play, but like any player young or old, you can only really fairly judge someone after a run of games and he never got that here under Clarke.

11 hours ago, Wrex said:

Bit of gamesmanship perhaps? Stevens is on a season-long loan. If they want to recall him in January then that's their prerogative, but they shouldn't be agreeing on a season long loan if they only plan on a half season loan. I guess perhaps Robinson is sending a message to his own goalkeeper, or he is just trying to cause disruption in our camp before they play us. 

I mentioned this at the start of the season but seemed to got laughed down about it.

Season long deals are not a season long loan deal in the sense that they have a break in the contract around January, which gives either the club that's loaning the player the option to send the player back or for his parent club to recall him.

I mentioned this at the start of the season but seemed to got laughed down about it.
Season long deals are not a season long loan deal in the sense that they have a break in the contract around January, which gives either the club that's loaning the player the option to send the player back or for his parent club to recall him.

I didn't get the feeling this was more than Jan, don't they have 2 similar goalies neither would be happy on the bench and a decent backup, so 2 in the shop window and decide who to move on in Jan? A feeling, could be off track.

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

24 minutes ago, Valiant62 said:

How many sendings off has Lucas had this season? Always liked him even if he was mad as a box of frogs. (Maybe because he was mad as a bx of frogs).

Just the once on his debut. Currently out injured for a period. 

Loved him but simply untrustworthy. 

3 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

It's a no win situation for the club loaning the player:

• Player plays well for 1st half of the season = recalled by parent club in January
  • Player is rubbish for 1st half of season = it's a bad signing anyway

I wasn't happy with a season long loan for a GK. It's a really important position and will be disruptive finding a new keeper.

But on the plus side, hopefully we can sign a keeper that can actually make saves.

Archived