onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

Advert

8 minutes ago, tommytunstall said:

What a signing Azaz will be a stand out player, hope we were interested, don’t know what the rationale is in choosing Plymouth. He is one hell of a player 

I'd have liked him but we'll see how he performs in a higher division than last season 

35 minutes ago, mvb said:

Tick Tock Tick Tock .....listened to all the quotes recently on this thread , and everyone has an opinion as to why we are not making signings  , my frustrated view is that we have made one signing , (Cass was already a done deal before last seasons end) , DC and DF continually told us last season that they are always looking at fresh targets , but as of yet we have lost 9 players gained 2 ... DC says hes prepared to wait until the end of August for the right players , that would be 8 games into the season , and some of those games against really good clubs , I think that we have been found wanting , and slow out of the stocks , also I dont think that the club had given much thought to the general wages being commanded in this division , there is no way that DC would have wanted to go to Spain with only two thirds of his squad . DC and in particular DF can huff and puff in the media but I think they have dropped a bit of a clanger  , and we  could be in for a bad start to the season , of cause my opinion is just my opinion , but I do have my doubts , hope I am wrong only time will tell , but the wait for new players is soooo frustrating 

Mvb, I admire you’re honesty. I think there’s a lot who think the same and probably won’t say what they feel because of being berated. I check with the bbc sport app at least once a day. Whilst I also share your concern, there’s not a lot happening in the transfer markets in any league. I’d imagine that wages are perhaps the big stumbling block for a lot of clubs.

I used to think it was only the EPL where there were leagues within leagues but I think I can safely say that that’s how it is in most leagues now. My hope for next season is survival, I like to think that’s a realistic target.

38 minutes ago, mvb said:

Tick Tock Tick Tock .....listened to all the quotes recently on this thread , and everyone has an opinion as to why we are not making signings  , my frustrated view is that we have made one signing , (Cass was already a done deal before last seasons end) , DC and DF continually told us last season that they are always looking at fresh targets , but as of yet we have lost 9 players gained 2 ... DC says hes prepared to wait until the end of August for the right players , that would be 8 games into the season , and some of those games against really good clubs , I think that we have been found wanting , and slow out of the stocks , also I dont think that the club had given much thought to the general wages being commanded in this division , there is no way that DC would have wanted to go to Spain with only two thirds of his squad . DC and in particular DF can huff and puff in the media but I think they have dropped a bit of a clanger  , and we  could be in for a bad start to the season , of cause my opinion is just my opinion , but I do have my doubts , hope I am wrong only time will tell , but the wait for new players is soooo frustrating 

Tick tock tick tock 😳 

Found wanting 😂 

cass signs this summer but does not count 😂

Df and dc drop a clanger good job they didn’t last season we might of been where Smurf wanted us 

U need keep out the sun a bit 👍

7 hours ago, londonvale said:

Finn Azaz gone to Argyle although not sure we needed another MF

Although i had hoped like many that we would be in for him,we have to remember that before last season none of us had heard of him,so I still have faith that we can perhaps unearth this seasons Azaz

1 minute ago, werstayinup said:

Although i had hoped like many that we would be in for him,we have to remember that before last season none of us had heard of him,so I still have faith that we can perhaps unearth this seasons Azaz

EN.WIKIPEDIA.ORG

An example of a footballer, some work at certain clubs. 

JR got most right, but also a few wrong. 

Since Bosman its always been a bit harder, perhaps less the last few years. 

But they are out there, I heard RobF has a great left foot 🙂 

Lots of players are available, the desperate ones will have gone. 

Loans will help, can see us going that way again, makes sense. 

Frustrates a few but thats the game these days @ any level.

1 hour ago, mvb said:

Yes I get your view although a little harsh. I think you have to take external communications from the club with a pinch of salt. They are always going to ‘manage’ the message to suit the situation like any other business does.

It is frustrating and boring with limited transfer activity but the way I view it last season we were a big club, selling promotion with a healthy salary for the league. This season we are stability and mid table to build and I expect an average salary (outside of the big boys).That’s not a quick sell, patience is the aim of game. 

Its not ideal to have a preseason trip with 1/4 of the squad still to come but if you look at teams outside of the expected top 7, bar Shrewsbury, teams have done very little business which is why I’m unconcerned.

Honestly I really feel we are going to get at least 1 signing were we are” how the <ovf censored> have we managed to sign him?” and we will all start to feel excited about the opening game.

Pre Carol, DF and DC I would have been very worried, if Smurf was still in charge we would not even have a club. Since the takeover the transformation has been immense, most of all winning the trust of the fans and doing what is right both with the club and playing staff. I therefore trust what the club is doing and see no reason to panic.

7 hours ago, Alsager Whites said:

Are we really going into the season having played two first-team friendlies?

Seems like it? And the management seem to be ok with that. Fitness levels must have been higher at this stage than usual because of the late finish to our season - and I'd suggest they know best?

I think we just need 1 signing over the line soonish just to calm a few down. I get the view that we’re waiting for the best players and not rushing ect. But I do think we need the majority of the squad - or at least the first 11 positions pretty much nailed down before Fleetwood or at the latest a couple of games in. I don’t think we can leave it until deadline day to be signing numerous first team players (and I don’t think we will). 

3 hours ago, Hitcher said:

Just reflecting on the slow trickle of signings and I wonder whether league one wages has taken us by suprise and it's harder to get a sense of value. Certainly I think our model is for sustainable growth, recruiting under valued players (i.e brad walker) or with a point to prove (i.e James Wilson). 

I find it interesting that Exeter City have yet to make a signing. Around 6 of their players have left too. I wonder what their forums transfer thread is like.

Another talking point but is there an argument to say we have only made one signing this summer. I get the feeling that Cass deal was basically agreed in january.

I don't think it could have been done in January as we don't know how how his parent club would have decided on him until they saw how he'd recovered from his injury? Agreed - we kept in touch with him after he went back...which I think probably swayed him to,sign for us?

I must be mad first ever team sheet with the players weave got. 

G K

Stone

Cass                     Smith                 Hall

Worrall                 Pett                         Ojo                   Benning

Garrity

Proctor                           Wilson

Subs GK ?      Hussey   Jones   Charsley    Walker    Striker ?    Striker ?

not included Conlon    because of injury

I must be mad first ever team sheet with the players weave got. 
                                                       G K
                                                   Stone
                    Cass                     Smith                 Hall
Worrall                 Pett                         Ojo                   Benning
                                     Garrity
                Proctor                           Wilson
Subs GK ?      Hussey   Jones   Charsley    Walker    Striker ?    Striker ?
  not included Conlon    because of injury

Fine, plus a couple of loans, and a couple of Championship ready players.

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

Now that random names are being out forward this forum would have had a field day years ago.

I'll share a story with you,if I may.

I used to follow a lads footie team on a Sunday. Keith Flynn(a big Spurs fan) used to come and watch and thought he was Chris Waddle...mullet,could dribble a bit. The team were one man short on a particular day so Flynny stood in,had a good game and scored. He scored a few more,earned a bit of a reputation and was targeted by the opposition. In today's money he would have been worth a punt. Until the day he played the day before his holiday abroad,broke his leg and was carried off on a cricket scorebox door cos there was no stretcher. Keith was quickly followed off the pitch by his missus calling him every name under the sun cos they would miss the holiday.

Archived